Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    How long does it take for a Luna restart?
    Also, how long for a complete power off/power on restart, or battery pull? Thanks.
  2.    #22  
    Hello,

I don't know how much this Pre2 is, I don't have to pay for it, its internal equipment.

Starting the device is a little bit faster, but it takes still a long time to do a cold boot. How can I do a Luna-Restart without Preware installed?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Is the slider different? Thanks. (:
    I believe you can only install Luna Manager from Preware. Here's a link to a discussion thread on Luna Manager. Good Luck.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...a-manager.html
  5.    #25  
    hi,

I dont think the slider is different, it's just new and unused...it is like the slider of my Pre (1), I am able to open it using just one hand and fits very well.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Wow, you make it sound like they didn't make many improvements but I've read elsewhere that the slider and the boot time were both improved noticeably. Oh well.

BTW I think Preware has been updated for 2.0 but I am not so sure anything in Preware has
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Are there any problems you notice? Does it freeze up on you?
    I don't want to be a downer, but doesn't this thread (user) smell a little fishy?

He joined today, started a Pre 2 thread. Haven't seen any pictures of his phone either.
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I don't want to be a downer, but doesn't this thread (user) smell a little fishy?

He joined today, started a Pre 2 thread. Haven't seen any pictures of his phone either.
    Fair enough, but he could just as easily post a photo of a pre 2 from somewhere else on the internet. Pictures like this don't prove much.

Also, I joined yesterday so that I could share my knowledge that the pre 2 comes out on the 18th to verizon.
    You have a good point, but he could prove he actually got one in some way or another. Anyone who actually had the device would do so. Take a picture of the phone with P|C open. Simple as that.

Edit: And you're sharing knowledge that might or might not be true. You're not saying you own a device that is only out in certain areas.
    Sprint Love
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,555 Global Posts

Maybe he joined today because em.. he just got a new phone and wanted to talk about it?

The idea that HP is now expecting staff to use their own phones than buy in SE or others seems reasonable to me.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Is Skype working on it?
    The boot time is still going to be an issue for some. The boot time is quicker than before, but I can see where it's not where it should be.

Maybe I'm just spoiled, but the boot time feels like booting into windows XP, and I'm into the boot time of booting into Windows 7.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    You are very right about the picture. And yes, my knowledge is not confirmed, but BestBuy says they get the new phones a few days before they are released, and they are expecting shipments Monday or Tuesday. And a guy at the Verizon store says the 18th, it will be available. It seems like a likely release date, and I know I'd want someone to tell me information like this, yanno? (:

He has nothing else to do, other than lie about an outdated phone that has been released in two remote locations. Since this blog would be seen by 200 people, that was what he wanted to lie about, a pre-2.

Not Palm tablet, not super palm phone, not nexus-s (2) but palm pre -2 with same old battery, same old screen and an ok processor, first released by other phones atleast 6 months in advance. hmmmmm I dont think he is lying.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    He has nothing else to do, other than lie about an outdated phone that has been released in two remote locations. Since this blog would be seen by 200 people, that was what he wanted to lie about, a pre-2.

Not Palm tablet, not super palm phone, not nexus-s (2) but palm pre -2 with same old battery, same old screen and an ok processor, first released by other phones atleast 6 months in advance. hmmmmm I dont think he is lying.
    I still haven't been proven wrong.
    Sprint Love
    Posting of photos, and links, are not allowed for people who've just joined the forums.
  18. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,555 Global Posts
    I still haven't been proven wrong.
    Neither has anyone else but it's rather rude to assume that a new poster is a liar.
    There's always a PM, external links, etc...

I'm not trying to hijack this thread but I just would like to know it's true.
    Sprint Love
    has this thread seriously turned into a debate about people lying?

wow
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast