Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Wow - who brags about being a grass?
    must be new lingo the cool kids are using these days....you know you're getting old when

(and if you're referring about someone reporting someone else for breaking a NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT......I totally agree and that person should be reported. If they didn't want to abide by the terms, then they shouldn't have signed the agreement...nobody tied anyone down with a gun to the head and said sign this or else )
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    must be new lingo the cool kids are using these days....
    Without getting into the whole issue, it's actually a very old English term dating to at least the 1960s.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    If you were in charge of webOS what would be your priority?

A. Open up the API's so that thousands of amazing apps could be added.

B. Include 130 of our most popular patches that are already tested.

C. Make multitasking work automatically without making the user remember to keep cards open.

D. Add the Just Type feature your competitors have had over a year.
    In your list, I'd say D. is the most important and is probably the single most important feature in webOS 2.0 (except for the NDA-protected money-printing API I discussed earlier in this thread ).

Just Type is much more than a simple universal search. It takes the concept to a whole new level. By opening up universal search to all apps, the possibilities are endless. And with Quick Actions, it will make performing everyday tasks super-easy. One example would be updating your Twitter or Facebook status by just typing.

I would rank A. as the next highest priority. The more APIs we have access to, the better.

B. would be the next highest priority. But instead of incorporating patches, I would implement a dynamic patching system (like what's available in Homebrew) directly into webOS and provide patches and themes in the app catalog.

C. is zero priority in my eyes. Android has a different style of multitasking. I wouldn't want webOS to move to Android's style because then webOS wouldn't be webOS.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    must be new lingo the cool kids are using these days....you know you're getting old when
    Don't feel bad...I had to look it up too. I had no idea what a grass was.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami

A. Open up the API's so that thousands of amazing apps could be added.

B. Include 130 of our most popular patches that are already tested.

C. Make multitasking work automatically without making the user remember to keep cards open.

D. Add the Just Type feature your competitors have had over a year.
    Definitely A. Proper software with access to the full range of a device's hardware is the best way to woo more developers, generate market-wide buzz, and let the app numbers take off. This would leave more time for HP to work on hardware - which seems to be an even bigger challenge to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Definitely A. Proper software with access to the full range of a device's hardware is the best way to woo more developers, generate market-wide buzz, and let the app numbers take off. This would leave more time for HP to work on hardware - which seems to be an even bigger challenge to them.
    LOL. Sad, but true We get the Pre...then the Pre "plus" then the Pre "2". At least apple was only insulting enough to try that technique once with the 3gs.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

Thats too easy... have HTC and Samsung develop prototypes ... like last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Without getting into the whole issue, it's actually a very old English term dating to at least the 1960s.
    born in the 70's .... That was before my time
    Quote Originally Posted by superhyper View Post
    LOL. Sad, but true We get the Pre...then the Pre "plus" then the Pre "2". At least apple was only insulting enough to try that technique once with the 3gs.
    Actually, Apple pulled that technique twice. 3G and 3GS. It makes me sad to say it, but I think webOS is going to stay at 0% mindshare for a long time if they don't shape up and get more APIs available for devs.
  10.    #70  
    So are we allowed to talk about this now? Im pretty sure the NDA has been raised right? I have been wondering what has been going on with these APIs. I've read once someone saying that the APIs didnt open up much. Is this true? What can be done now?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234