Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So it's November 8th. All the "rumored" phones releasing on or about Nov 11 on verizon have been announced in one way or another by vzw. Samsung continuum, droid pro, lg vortex (?)...except the pre 2.

is this vzw being vzw with palm, again?

has the release date been pushed back?

has the phone been delayed (hard to fathom if all the rumors of it having been ready months ago, just waiting release after hp acquisition)

it seems awfully odd that only hp palm and various tech sites have mentioned the pre 2, but there hasn't been a peep by vzw.

back when sprint got the phone, they were eager to state they were gonna carry a "palm pre like device." Not a word or hint now by vzw, only "coming soon on vzw" on palm's website.

btw, in NJ, the pre plus is still in stock. My local store has not gotten training on the pre 2 either. Yes yes CS reps and sales man at vzw stores don't know anything, but they do now sometimes. This particular technician at my store let my wife see the droid 2 demo unit a week before she it was released to the public...she was returning her droid incredible due to bluetooth issues and reception problems, and was interested in the rumored droid 2...he said he could not comment on unannounced devices, but then admitted they were getting training on it...he flat out told me he has not received training on the pre 2, though he knows it's coming...acquiring that knowledge like the rest off us acquired it. Btw, he has a pre plus.

vzw...sigh...
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Pre Plus still in stock here too.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    No proof on wether or not the phone has been pushed back because no official release date was ever give, an exception tho to the fact that the HP facebook post was just changed from the 11th to a coming soon.

Me personally, I would not be surprised (Nor would I care) if the whole thing got scrubbed for the US and the big carriers (Go Sprint!) just got the new device instead. I would assume that it should be out soon, so as to have people look for HP/Palm at CES with new devices.

I should also hope that the current 1.4.5 devices would also have 2.0 by then as well...
    If you want Palm to survive, you should care. WP7 phones now released in the US, nothing from Palm yet. Not that MSFT may do any better but everyone's getting the jump on Palm, who has not released a new device in some time. That was OK in the past but the new norm seems to be something new from each manufacturer every 6 months or sooner.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    the vz learn site has just popped up sopme training videos on the pre2 ... it was removed the day after the leaked pic's and just got posted up.. however no videos are able to be played yet.. weird..
    Last edited by sketch42; 11/23/2010 at 02:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    So it's November 8th. All the "rumored" phones releasing on or about Nov 11 on verizon have been announced in one way or another by vzw. Samsung continuum, droid pro, lg vortex (?)...except the pre 2.

is this vzw being vzw with palm, again?

has the release date been pushed back?

has the phone been delayed (hard to fathom if all the rumors of it having been ready months ago, just waiting release after hp acquisition)

it seems awfully odd that only hp palm and various tech sites have mentioned the pre 2, but there hasn't been a peep by vzw.

back when sprint got the phone, they were eager to state they were gonna carry a "palm pre like device." Not a word or hint now by vzw, only "coming soon on vzw" on palm's website.

btw, in NJ, the pre plus is still in stock. My local store has not gotten training on the pre 2 either. Yes yes CS reps and sales man at vzw stores don't know anything, but they do now sometimes. This particular technician at my store let my wife see the droid 2 demo unit a week before she it was released to the public...she was returning her droid incredible due to bluetooth issues and reception problems, and was interested in the rumored droid 2...he said he could not comment on unannounced devices, but then admitted they were getting training on it...he flat out told me he has not received training on the pre 2, though he knows it's coming...acquiring that knowledge like the rest off us acquired it. Btw, he has a pre plus.

vzw...sigh...
    I'm leaning towards the Pre 2 being a total scrub for the U.S. Maybe the launch in France was a test to see how it sold and was received by the public. I'm guessing the launch there was underwhelming leading them to decide that it wasn't worth releasing here.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    I'm leaning towards the Pre 2 being a total scrub for the U.S. Maybe the launch in France was a test to see how it sold and was received by the public. I'm guessing the launch there was underwhelming leading them to decide that it wasn't worth releasing here.
    Disagree. Most webOS users are located in the US. A tiny test launch in France wouldn't be able to indicate how it would fare in the US...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    umm did you people miss my post??

Maybe this is a good sign for us "Sprint" customers. Hip-hip.. Hooray!
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post

It's still coming out soon but we just don't know exactly when? BTW, the pic won't load on my computer.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Maybe this is a good sign for us "Sprint" customers. Hip-hip.. Hooray!
    smile much? Lol
    Why does a rumor come out and then people complain if the rumor doesn't come true, then since the rumor didn't pan out to be true it must be Palm's fault that it didn't happen.

At this time Palm does not have any information about a release on Verizon. When you get an official statement from Palm that isn't met feel free to throw a fit, hell riot!
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts

No. It was just a bit too typical of the information we've seen so far. "Announcement made on Faceboo", "Announcement taken down from Facebook", "Videos put up", "Videos taken down", etc...
    however no videos are able to be played yet.. weird..
    Of course no videos are playable. Its not a Droid!
  15. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    If you want Palm to survive, you should care. WP7 phones now released in the US, nothing from Palm yet. Not that MSFT may do any better but everyone's getting the jump on Palm, who has not released a new device in some time. That was OK in the past but the new norm seems to be something new from each manufacturer every 6 months or sooner.
    Launched today didn't it? So far in Europe, sales of WP7 have exceeded supply, it will be interesting to see if we get the same situation in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Why does a rumor come out and then people complain if the rumor doesn't come true, then since the rumor didn't pan out to be true it must be Palm's fault that it didn't happen.

At this time Palm does not have any information about a release on Verizon. When you get an official statement from Palm that isn't met feel free to throw a fit, hell riot!
    Well, it's a bit frustrating when rumors turn into reality for other phones. All we have on the Pre 2 is rumor so far. That's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Well, it's a bit frustrating when rumors turn into reality for other phones. All we have on the Pre 2 is rumor so far. That's it.
    "coming months" isnt a rumor

Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post

Well in the meantime, yet another Droid was announced for release on Verizon. Your company should say something and soon IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Well in the meantime, yet another Droid was announced for release on Verizon. Your company should say something and soon IMO.
    I expect HPalm to start major advertising once they announce new hardware at CES.

Sadly, it seems they are intentionally trying to lose all customers except the most loyal. Maybe they want to start over fresh?
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    "coming months" isnt a rumor

I consider it all rumor until they back it up with some actual information. HP/Palm is going to get smoked by all the Android devices being released in the next week.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast