Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Linger View Post
    But HP/Palm+WebOS is no different in that regard. I had to wait for 2 extra months to get the 1.4.5 update on my AT&T Pixi+ and webOS phones in Mexico still haven't gotten the update iirc. Google+Android actually have the advantage in that there is one phone, the Nexus One, that has guaranteed timely updates. That's what I'm hoping HP/Palm is offering with theunlocked Pre2 for developers program
    Motorola explained that much of this has to do with the carriers' willingness to pay for upgrades. AT&T paid for the upgrade but wanted to "tweak" the firmware to their advantage no doubt. So you get delays. That's why the unlocked Nexus 1 is the best phone to get if you want Android upgraded on time. Straight from Google with no carrier getting in the way.

But concerning Palm, I don't know if they will support timely upgrades on their unlocked phones. Maybe the Palm rep in this thread can answer that. The original unlocked GSM Pre was or was not available? If it was, maybe one of the owners can fill us in too.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Take this for what it is and no flaming please I went into a verizon store in the mall today (Rogue Valley Mall, Medford OR.) and as I came in, no one else was in the store, so I said to the 3 verizon employee's behind the counter. "No ones here so just tell me the scoop with the Palm pre 2." Well like suspected, they were "not sure" what I was talking about and didn't really know much about it...One of the ladies looked in her computer and said, "We arn't sure when it will be out." So at that I said, "well this is the problem I'm having, I'm on sprint and they arn't getting a new palm phone so I am thinking of switching to Verizon when they get the Pre 2". At that, she looked back in her computer and said that the release date is....Nov. 12th.
    Thats what happened, ou can believe it or not, just passing info on. Thanks

Ken
    I guess the Sprint rep rumors got EOL'ed when the phone did. Time to move to Verizon reps, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Did you mean the X10? Xperia is the Windows phone, isn't it? Sony Ericsson already committed to the 2.1 upgrade, albeit slowly because the X10 series is worldwide on several carriers or unlocked. They have started rolling it out.
    Isn't it the xperia x10.. Either way you were right

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    You know what, you're right! It is the Xperia 10, but no one usually says that, just X10. Their naming scheme is a bit confusing, lol. Because the Xperia name was also for WM phones.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Your "bottom line" is incorrect. Google has made 6 major Android releases in the 2 years following the 1.0 release, with a 7th release planned for later this month. Palm has had 4 major webOS releases (and a few needed bug-fix patches) since the Pre released with webOS 1.02 17 months ago, with a 5th release sort of underway now.

Looking at that Android got a full point upgrade in a year while WebOS is looking at a year and a half maybe there is no telling for sure that it will be pushed out by the carriers by then. For all we know theoretically the mention of 2.0 being out by year end could have been on new devices right?
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    Looking at that Android got a full point upgrade in a year while WebOS is looking at a year and a half maybe there is no telling for sure that it will be pushed out by the carriers by then. For all we know theoretically the mention of 2.0 being out by year end could have been on new devices right?
    the next version of android is 2.3 gingerbread
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m3grady2 View Post
    the next version of android is 2.3 gingerbread
    I know but the R&D department at Palm needs to get busy adding new tools into WebOS for developers and useful apps if they plan on getting any good attention...
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    I know but the R&D department at Palm needs to get busy adding new tools into WebOS for developers and useful apps if they plan on getting any good attention...
    Agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post
    Take this for what it is and no flaming please I went into a verizon store in the mall today (Rogue Valley Mall, Medford OR.) and as I came in, no one else was in the store, so I said to the 3 verizon employee's behind the counter. "No ones here so just tell me the scoop with the Palm pre 2." Well like suspected, they were "not sure" what I was talking about and didn't really know much about it...One of the ladies looked in her computer and said, "We arn't sure when it will be out." So at that I said, "well this is the problem I'm having, I'm on sprint and they arn't getting a new palm phone so I am thinking of switching to Verizon when they get the Pre 2". At that, she looked back in her computer and said that the release date is....Nov. 12th.

Ken
    I had a similar experience. I called a Verizon store asking about the Pre 2. They said they had no information on when it would be available. I told him my contract with AT&T has been expired for a few months and if the Pre 2 is coming to Verizon soon, I will switch. He told me that phonearena.com is usually good at predicting dates. I looked, they had the 11-11 rumor. I don't know if he was telling me that the 11-11 date is correct, or if he just wants me to think it is soon so I continue to wait for it.
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post

Ken
    That's not a Verizon Corporate Store - It's owned by Diamond Wireless. You need to go further down Delta Waters Road (1740) to the corporate store.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gaudenti View Post
    I had a similar experience. I called a Verizon store asking about the Pre 2. They said they had no information on when it would be available. I told him my contract with AT&T has been expired for a few months and if the Pre 2 is coming to Verizon soon, I will switch. He told me that phonearena.com is usually good at predicting dates. I looked, they had the 11-11 rumor. I don't know if he was telling me that the 11-11 date is correct, or if he just wants me to think it is soon so I continue to wait for it.
    Ive been told its in the system however this week's stock is already in and the Pre 2 was not in that shipment. So I could confidently say it wont be tomorrow.
    I stopped at Best Buy yesterday and was talking to the mobile manager about it. They get the phones a few days before scheduled launch and had not received anything yet. She is supposed to call me when they come in. She expected them next Monday or Tuesday.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tsquare2112 View Post
    I stopped at Best Buy yesterday and was talking to the mobile manager about it. They get the phones a few days before scheduled launch and had not received anything yet. She is supposed to call me when they come in. She expected them next Monday or Tuesday.
    That would make sense because I went to another corporate Verizon store and they also said November 18th would be the release date. I really hope it is!
    Quote Originally Posted by tsquare2112 View Post
    I was at Costco this weekend. I asked if they are getting the new Pre 2. He said, "the what?". I said the Palm Pre 2. He said, "Oh, Palm. We only carry popular phones. We have a new Android phone!"
    Last edited by gaudenti; 11/11/2010 at 01:13 AM.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
    Well, Palm is saying the Pre 2 is on the way to Verizon. And it's "coming soon", not "coming months". Is "coming soon" better than "coming months"?

Well, Palm is saying the Pre 2 is on the way to Verizon. And it's "coming soon", not "coming months". Is "coming soon" better than "coming months"?

Semantics.
    Depends. How many "soon"s are in a month?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I hope that soon means earlier then later. My only question is: should I get a pre+ on Verizon NOW or should I wait for what could be months? That's what i'm wondering!
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Apparently, the Kin is coming back to Verizon so they are definitely bringing back some of the more promising models first:

Confirmed: Kin One and Two are returning to Verizon. Wait, what? -- Engadget
    Its funny, someone at Verizon told me this was going to happen a month or two back and I didn't believe them.

The running theory is that Microsoft was mad at VZW for forcing the SmartPhone data pricing on the Kins. This effectivly sunk the otherwise good "multi media" phones from Microsoft. In addition is it thought that this is why Verizon does not have a WP7 handset as of yet. This relaunch is a peace offering of sorts.
    Last edited by WhoMe; 11/12/2010 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Added some theorizin
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast