1.    #1  
    Please tell me that Verizon isn't going to make the Pre 2 be stuck with VZ Navigator. That thing is 10 bucks a month. Nobody wants to pay that....
    I don't care about vznav cuz I have a garmin. My view is it need to work with all the location-based apps. Even when I had the vz nav subscription, foursquare and other lbs weren't very accurate.

my bet is that palm will put something in 2.0 and/or the next hardware to make sure the gps works.

I'm still amazed that vzw gets away with such stupidity. Sprint is starting to look like an option after 10 yrs on vzw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I don't care about vznav cuz I have a garmin. My view is it need to work with all the location-based apps. Even when I had the vz nav subscription, foursquare and other lbs weren't very accurate.

my bet is that palm will put something in 2.0 and/or the next hardware to make sure the gps works.

I'm still amazed that vzw gets away with such stupidity. Sprint is starting to look like an option after 10 yrs on vzw.
    Even if Palm puts something in to make sure it works, Verizon still has the final say. In the end, if Verizon wants the GPS broken, it will be broken...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Even if Palm puts something in to make sure it works, Verizon still has the final say. In the end, if Verizon wants the GPS broken, it will be broken...
    Not necessarily. If Palm sets up their own servers to handle this rather than Verizon handling the aGPS requests, Palm can directly provide the aGPS information to the phone. That would bypass Verizon's servers, and Verizon would have no reason to deny it (as in the reason they can currently refuse it is because they are paying the cost of their servers, but if Palm handles that, they have no leg to stand on in court other than "We want our users to suffer which is evident by our terrible customer service." or "We hate Palm and HP but are in a love fest with Google so we are trying to kill Palm by making the aGPS not work").
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    sprint Nav is free and replaces my regular car GPS. How come verizon doesn't have this (both free nad reliable GPS)...They better fix this agree with OP.
    Sprint Navigation is great. The fact my Pre's GPS fails to activate 50% of the time I launch it unless I reboot is not great.