Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    You're operating under the assumption that HP/Palm is actually going to release the Pre 2 in the U.S. and/or Canada.
    No hes operating under the fact that HP/Palm said that they were going to release the phone in the US and Canada?

???
    You're operating under the assumption that HP/Palm is actually going to release the Pre 2 in the U.S. and/or Canada.
    Well... Yes. HPalm has already said they are releasing the Pre2 in the US and Canada. We even have proof that those models exist.

Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Oh, I don't know. HP/Palm hasn't uttered a peep about this device in quite some time now. I logically assumed the Pre 2 was dead.
    If they are not launching it I'm pretty sure the official webpages would've been removed by now.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I can find web pages on the internet that say just about anything.

HP/Palm has given us no reason to believe we're any closer the Pre 2 launch today than we were 6 months ago. They've shown us some pictures, put a commercial on YouTube, released some specs and even launched it in France (of all places), but none of that has brought us any closer to an actual Pre 2 launch in the U.S. and Canada.

If they were trying for a launch worse than the original Pre, then they've far outdone themselves.
    6 months ago: The Pre2 didn't even officially exist.
    Today: Pre2 is released in France. Confirmed by multiple sources to be coming to VZW and Rogers(?) very soon.

I'd say we are MUCH closer than we were 6 months ago.
    I'm starting to think the Pre 2 launch is like the return of Christ. "Soon" is a very relative term. Jesus said He was coming back soon and that was over 1,900 years ago. It's soon to Him b/c He exists outside of time.

Does HP/Palm exist outside of time as well? That could be the answer.

Furthermore, "no man knows the day or the hour" when Christ will return. We're just supposed to be ready for it at any time. In a similar fashion, it seems that "no man knows the day or the hour" when the Pre 2 will be released. HP/Palm just expects us all to be ready for it.

Talk about a god complex...
    Comparing HPalm to a fairytale character? lol

Seriously though, there has been a good amount of info saying that the Pre2 will be on Verizon in November (or at least this holiday season). I haven't heard much about Rogers though...
    I too once believed the Pre 2 was coming in Nov. I strongly defended reports that it was coming on 11/11.

I can admit defeat.
    I too once believed the Pre 2 was coming in Nov. I strongly defended reports that it was coming on 11/11.

I can admit defeat.
    Yea, the Nov 11 release date is rumored to have been pushed back. I am positive that they will get it out before Christmas though to take advantage of all the holiday shopping.
    I'm starting to think the Pre 2 launch is like the return of Christ. "Soon" is a very relative term. Jesus said He was coming back soon and that was over 1,900 years ago. It's soon to Him b/c He exists outside of time.

Does HP/Palm exist outside of time as well? That could be the answer.

Furthermore, "no man knows the day or the hour" when Christ will return. We're just supposed to be ready for it at any time. In a similar fashion, it seems that "no man knows the day or the hour" when the Pre 2 will be released. HP/Palm just expects us all to be ready for it.

Talk about a god complex...
    Thank you for that.

12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Comparing HPalm to a fairytale character? lol

Seriously though, there has been a good amount of info saying that the Pre2 will be on Verizon in November (or at least this holiday season). I haven't heard much about Rogers though...
    Yankboy comparing the Pre2 launch to Jesus Christ's return is pretty horrible for more reasons than I care to list.

I don't want to turn this into a theological discussion.... however, calling Jesus Christ a fairytale character would mean he never existed. One may choose to not believe Christ's claims of being from God (or a part of God) but one really can't claim he didn't exist. The historical evidence is overwhelming.

Back to the Pre 2:
    Although there were leaks that the Pre 2 was coming to rogers it was left off of Rogers leaked 2010 Q4 mobile device road map. So.. I won't be holding my breath.

The Dell Streak WAS on that road map however and I have to admit it still peaks my interest even though I know the size of it is like a double edged sword so to speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by wingcutter View Post
    Yankboy comparing the Pre2 launch to Jesus Christ's return is pretty horrible for more reasons than I care to list.

I don't want to turn this into a theological discussion.... however, calling Jesus Christ a fairytale character would mean he never existed. One may choose to not believe Christ's claims of being from God (or a part of God) but one really can't claim he didn't exist. The historical evidence is overwhelming.

Back to the Pre 2:
    Although there were leaks that the Pre 2 was coming to rogers it was left off of Rogers leaked 2010 Q4 mobile device road map. So.. I won't be holding my breath.

The Dell Streak WAS on that road map however and I have to admit it still peaks my interest even though I know the size of it is like a double edged sword so to speak.
    Sorry...didn't mean to offend. I certainly wasn't putting the release of the Pre 2 on the same level of Christ's return. Bad analogy...bad joke...
    Joke is good, but bad analogy - Christ isn't on SFR, but Pre2 is.
    I don't think it was necessarily an analogy directly of the Pre2 to Christ. But the usage of terms that are relative, depending on who you speak with. And I liked how he brought that Christ lives outside time. Beautiful.

This is true, Garett92C. It's not like Protestantism or even Roman Catholicism "invented" Christianity. There were sects out long before RC, like these that you can research on Wikipedia, if you care... Cerinthians, Ebionites, Elcesaites, Essenes, Notzrim, Nazarenes, Nazoraeans, AND SO ON.

Jewish-Christians DID believe that Christ was returning soon, which is why they decided to SPREAD THE WORD, ASAP!! They didn't think they had time to write it down, so they started preaching. There wasn't a standard Christianity, so there were all kindsa sects. Thomas went to Africa and started the Ebionites, if I remember correctly.

So, undoubtedly he was real. No myth could ever effected all of humanity like so.

And there's actually evidence that Jesus was actually Divine. Not just based on stories of the Resurrected Jesus revealing himself to thousands after he rose from the dead...

But there was "The Real Face of Jesus" on the History Channel, that had dozens of scientists looking at the Shroud, and NONE of them could explain how the imprint remained, but they suggested that it could very likely only have come from RADIATION! I don't know of any better way for God to raise from the dead than to burst out into rays of light. Seriously, tho... it wasn't burnt, charred, painted, etc. The imprint only goes ONE layer underneath. The amount of time it would have taken somebody to fool dozens of scientists 600 to 2000 years after its creation would have been a lifetime. I believe the Shroud was last recovered in 1400, but it had a long history that seems to match up with the original.

Here's the torrent if anybody'd like to watch it: http://dl.btjunkie.org/torrent/The-R...wnload.torrent
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Well it's not too tough, is it?

The phone is very similar to the Pre, So assumptions can be made based on the usage of the current phone, plus better build quality as stated by most reviews available now, which was the biggest complaint.
    That's not being a very savvy shopper, buddy. 1. Make no assumptions. 2. Don't rely on a very small sample of final build reviews. I am not recommending this phone to anyone until I am convinced about what it is and what it isn't, and it's going to take more than what's out there for me to get the final picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    That's not being a very savvy shopper, buddy. 1. Make no assumptions. 2. Don't rely on a very small sample of final build reviews. I am not recommending this phone to anyone until I am convinced about what it is and what it isn't, and it's going to take more than what's out there for me to get the final picture.
    I'm not saying I am, but I was saying it's not tough for people to make assumptions like that.

I didn't buy my Pre until March 2010. That's how long of a decision it took me.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    I don't think it was necessarily an analogy directly of the Pre2 to Christ. But the usage of terms that are relative, depending on who you speak with. And I liked how he brought that Christ lives outside time. Beautiful.

This is true, Garett92C. It's not like Protestantism or even Roman Catholicism "invented" Christianity. There were sects out long before RC, like these that you can research on Wikipedia, if you care... Cerinthians, Ebionites, Elcesaites, Essenes, Notzrim, Nazarenes, Nazoraeans, AND SO ON.

Jewish-Christians DID believe that Christ was returning soon, which is why they decided to SPREAD THE WORD, ASAP!! They didn't think they had time to write it down, so they started preaching. There wasn't a standard Christianity, so there were all kindsa sects. Thomas went to Africa and started the Ebionites, if I remember correctly.

So, undoubtedly he was real. No myth could ever effected all of humanity like so.

And there's actually evidence that Jesus was actually Divine. Not just based on stories of the Resurrected Jesus revealing himself to thousands after he rose from the dead...

But there was "The Real Face of Jesus" on the History Channel, that had dozens of scientists looking at the Shroud, and NONE of them could explain how the imprint remained, but they suggested that it could very likely only have come from RADIATION! I don't know of any better way for God to raise from the dead than to burst out into rays of light. Seriously, tho... it wasn't burnt, charred, painted, etc. The imprint only goes ONE layer underneath. The amount of time it would have taken somebody to fool dozens of scientists 600 to 2000 years after its creation would have been a lifetime. I believe the Shroud was last recovered in 1400, but it had a long history that seems to match up with the original.

Here's the torrent if anybody'd like to watch it: http://dl.btjunkie.org/torrent/The-R...wnload.torrent
    AMEN!
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post

Err, there's also a theory with some pretty good evidence that Leonardo Da Vinci spoofed the shroud using an early form of photography... I wouldn't put that theory away, the man was clearly a genius far beyond his time.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast