Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    No, I don't have a Pre 2, but I did just buy a pet griffin over the weekend.
    Pics or it didn't happen!
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen!
    I guess what I should have said is I don't have a Pre 2 ANYMORE. I DID have one. I was using it to take pictures of my pet griffin to put on Facebook and this derned centaur came out of nowhere and swiped it from me! I hopped on my giant phoenix and tried to catch up, but those centaurs can run like the wind.
    On a serious note though, my cousins neighbor saw Elvis in a 7-Eleven this past weekend and swore she saw him using a Pre 2.

Will try to confirm...
    Please stay on-topic folks.... thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by oxman. View Post
    Well, about battery's life, not very well :

After 14 hours 30% of remaining battery...
    10mn of usage application 20minutes (its an application like read feed but for a french newspaper)
    10mn of the game Block
    29 sms sent
    14 sms received
    3mn of the game Angry Birds
    5mn of different manipulation on the PrPrPr
    8 short email read/received

Synchro gmail configured on 15mn.
    The fact that you didn't get any emails doesn't mean teh device was not connecting. PRE does require more battery than other devices because it is doing more work than other devices. push notification should help with this issue in the fututre. What type of connetcion do you have? Is it intermittent? 'Cause that will also result int poor battery life HOWEVER 14 hours for 70% battery life on a webOS debice with 1GHz and 1150 mAH battery is pretty good IMO.
    I know, it's why I giving my interval email checking
    During 3 hours approximately the network often switching (during transport), then a bit fixed network in 3G.

(Do you know a good price for a French to buy double touch stone + wire ? And a good headset because people doesn't listen me very clearly with the oem)
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    To the owners of a Pre2. How's the flash 10.1 working out? Has it enhanced your web browsing experience significantly? I am really looking forwards to flash player.
    I never go on website with flash on my mobile (or close too), so.. No real difference for me.
    Website with flash aren't well designed for mobile in my point of view.
    Quote Originally Posted by tr47 View Post
    Thx for replay oxman. Just keep us posted about battery life and maybe your day-to-day usage scenarios.
    About opening slider. Since I got me GSM Pre- I always just put the thumb in the middle of screen and slide up to open. But when I brought another Pre- to my ex she tried to open it by holding in gesture area and sliding up - and it was really hard to open it this way (on hers and even my device). And I actually never realized this till she told me. Maybe this was problem you were writing about..
    I usually use two hands. With one I hold the back of the Pre 1.0, and with the other, I put my thumb right below the gesture area, and the index finger at the top, and slide up. But I just tried doing it one handed. I can hold the back with my fingers and press gently upward right below the gesture area with my thumb. So long as I curl my index finger around the back and up to the top edge, it works fine. That's a little awkward, as my hand is only barely large enoough to do it, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    French manual is here

TI 3630 confirmed

Radio
    Biband WCDMA/HSDPA (850/1900 or 900/2100)
    Quadriband GSM/GPRS/EGPRS (850/900/1800/1900)
    So they took the TI 3630 and overclocked to 1GHz? That doesn't seems good :S. As far as I remember, most OEM manufactuerers don't temper with the frequency by increasing it, only lowering it down.

But, on a side note, aren't the 3630 and 3640 the same with different clock frequency?

Also, making the 3G dual-frequency is not a very smart move. I adore the pre- for having Quad band on the 3G side. Bad one, Palm. Bad one.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    I usually use two...
    Is this joke?
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    So they took the TI 3630 and overclocked to 1GHz? That doesn't seems good :S. As far as I remember, most OEM manufactuerers don't temper with the frequency by increasing it, only lowering it down.

But, on a side note, aren't the 3630 and 3640 the same with different clock frequency?

Also, making the 3G dual-frequency is not a very smart move. I adore the pre- for having Quad band on the 3G side. Bad one, Palm. Bad one.
    I wouldn't adore the pre for having quad band 3G. http://www.precentral.net/good-news-...-and-unlocking
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka-Efka View Post
    I wouldn't adore the pre for having quad band 3G. http://www.precentral.net/good-news-...-and-unlocking
    Ok ... I relied on gsmarena's information ... my bad.

But, still, it is a cellphone that would work world-wide ... no?
    I've got My Palm PrPrPr $2$ $since$ $yesterday$. $Battery$ $life$ $seems$ $better$ $than$ $my$ $previous$ $Pr$ $and$ $Pr$ $Plus$.

If you have any questions...
    Palm Tro Pro - HTC HD2 - Palm Pr 2
    Would someone with the Pre 2 please check for a PDF viewer. Mine has been busted since I installed 1.4.5. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by tr47 View Post
    Is this joke?
    Huh? No, when I open the Pre, I usually use one hand to hold it, and the other to flick it open.
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    Huh? No, when I open the Pre, I usually use one hand to hold it, and the other to flick it open.
    Same here. I find it almost impossible to open with one hand. I've had 2 pres now and they were both equally stiff but I would rather that than lots of oreo.
    Quote Originally Posted by McDoPDA View Post
    I've got My Palm PrPrPr $2$ $since$ $yesterday$. $Battery$ $life$ $seems$ $better$ $than$ $my$ $previous$ $Pr$ $and$ $Pr$ $Plus$.

If you have any questions...
    What did you use before? How does it compare to pre plus?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    There is an OMAP3630-1000 which Palm is using.

Wikipedia is wrong.

-- Rod
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast