Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    it's audio narration so you'd have to tell us what he is saying.
    boucles01, is someone in another thread I spotted who gave a review of the pre + vs the pre 2 keyboard. Here is a vid of his, YouTube - Palm Pre 2 vs Palm Pre Plus |keyboard review | zoom sur le claiver.
    Quote Originally Posted by tommce View Post
    Umm, the internet works the same over 'here' as it does over 'there', that's really the whole point......
    except we pronounce the "t" in internet. =P
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Im talking about translations and all. If I go to a french site, I cant read it. And I know different countries have different types of URLs that are specific for their country. I just wasnt familiar.
    Yeah, sorry, I knew that really - and as someone who can order a drink in about 10 languages but nothing else, I wish the internet worked like that as well!
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Arthur C. Clarke, "Profiles of The Future", 1961 (Clarke's third law)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    did you see this posted in a redundant thread on the subject? It looks pretty good and perhaps you can translat!

[Vidéo] Palm Pre 2 : Petit zoom sur les améliorations du clavier...
    I went to that URL and can see the links but they don't want to open for me. The top link highlighted in orange will not open, the mouse pointer doesn't change, it does on the pictures, but they don't open into anything either. I tried changing to a different link, same result. I tried
    What I did see on the SFR site was 19 days standby/10 hours talk time. Seems a little farfetched but that's what it says.

"Autonomie en veille/appel 19 jours / 10 h "
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    What I did see on the SFR site was 19 days standby/10 hours talk time. Seems a little farfetched but that's what it says.

"Autonomie en veille/appel 19 jours / 10 h "
    This is the video everyone wants to know what hes saying about the slider:

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Ok thanks Icer....at about 1:30 or so give or take, pay close, real close attention to how easy he "pops" open the slider...it appears to have a spring mechanism that takes very little effort to open, I'll wager this is to counteract the oreo effect. He speaks fairly quickly and I'm not able to absorb everything he's saying but that's the gist of it, from what I've seen so far. I will continue on watching( I stopped right there and posted this as soon as I figured that part out) and see if I can't pick apart anything else interesting.

so he says it's easier to open than the Pre + and I couldn't get what he was saying about the key presses, I think it may have something to do with side by side keys couldn't be pressed at the same time, but I'm not 100% on that, pretty sure that was already the case. Or maybe something to do with the sensitivity of the button action.
    Last edited by sledge007; 11/04/2010 at 06:21 PM.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    maybe they dont visit PreCentral... Shame on them! lol
    I'm french and I visit PreCentral ! I ordered my Palm PrPrPr $2$ $yesterday$ $and$ $I$ $will$ $receive$ $it$ $next$ $wednesday$. $If$ $you$ $have$ $any$ $questions$, $I$ $will$ $try$ $to$ $answer$ $you$ $with$ $my$ $poor$ $english$
    Palm Tro Pro - HTC HD2 - Palm Pr 2
    Quote Originally Posted by McDoPDA View Post
    I'm french and I visit PreCentral ! I ordered my Palm PrPrPr $2$ $yesterday$ $and$ $I$ $will$ $receive$ $it$ $next$ $wednesday$. $If$ $you$ $have$ $any$ $questions$, $I$ $will$ $try$ $to$ $answer$ $you$ $with$ $my$ $poor$ $english$
    Your english seems pretty good to me. And I think you just opened up a flood of messages coming your way with that comment. haha
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Your english seems pretty good to me. And I think you just opened up a flood of messages coming your way with that comment. haha
    Isn't it the goal of a forum to answer messages ? I owned the Palm PrPrPr $and$ $the$ $Palm$ $Pr$ $Plus$ $too$, $so$ $I$ $can$ $compare$ $with$ $this$ $devices$.
    Palm Tro Pro - HTC HD2 - Palm Pr 2
    Looking forward to your review! Thanks alot!
    Hello,

I'm French, and I have a Palm PrPrPr $since$ $yesterday$ ($Its$ $my$ $first$ $Pr$)
    I'm not very good so I can't write an english review.

But I can try to answer all of your questions.
    For all those french guys between us - we are all looking forward to your posts. I am personally interested in battery life details and informations about slider sturdiness.
    Well, for me the slider is very sturdiness (at less it seems to be), but the slider is a bit hard to push because the top part of the slider is a bit thin.

How can I give you the best informations about battery life ?
    Quote Originally Posted by oxman. View Post
    Well, for me the slider is very sturdiness (at less it seems to be), but the slider is a bit hard to push because the top part of the slider is a bit thin.

How can I give you the best informations about battery life ?
    Do you have to use your charger more than once each day?
    I've a prprpr $since$ $yesterday$ $only$, $yesterday$ $afternoon$. $Its$ $my$ $first$ $full$ $day$ $with$ $the$ $pr$, $its$ $1$:$52pm$ $right$ $now$
    The reason that you dont hear about the Palm Pre in france is because you speak english.

Its not even that French people would have to speak english to come here, its that they use a completely different version of google.

Google France

that would only point them to french websites.

Just like in Canada we use Google Canada and we get more Canadian results. (but not as completely separate as the french google, because 70% of us speak english)

You actually cant get to the American google in Canada or france or any other country.

When I type www.google.com in my web browser, google just looks at my IP Address, sees that I am wearing a lumberjack shirt and that its snowing outside and redirects me to www.google.ca
    A few of us should storm Normandy beach and "liberate" one. We can search the National Archives for info. on how they did it during WWII.
    Welcome to the enlightened world wide web eWWW.

To the people of France, please let us know if there is a predominantly French forum dedicated to the Palm Pre e.t.c, so that we can go there to ask our questions and possibly join ongoing conversations about the Palm Pre 2.

I plan on making my posts in French.

Thank you for your time.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast