1.    #1  
    I remember reading that a reference was found in the webOS 2.0 SDK for a virtual keyboard but haven't heard anything as to whether or not it's an actual feature of the Palm Pre 2.

Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks!
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-we-learn.html

This thread is like three down from yours on today's posts. But to summarize, it looks like they may have found a T9 input virtual keyboard of come kind. So far, no QWERTY...
    Maybe HP/Palm can confirm this for us? Oh, wait...they aren't even acknowledging the existence of the Pre 2 at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Maybe HP/Palm can confirm this for us? Oh, wait...they aren't even acknowledging the existence of the Pre 2 at the moment.
    What are you talking about? The Pre2 is on Palm's website...
    might I direct you to palm's website? where the pre2 is on the front page?
    the unveiled the pre2 like 2 weeks ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilette View Post
    might I direct you to palm's website? where the pre2 is on the front page?
    the unveiled the pre2 like 2 weeks ago.
    Sarcasm...
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    I remember reading that a reference was found in the webOS 2.0 SDK for a virtual keyboard but haven't heard anything as to whether or not it's an actual feature of the Palm Pre 2.

Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks!
    No. WebOS 2.0 does not have a virtual keyboard as of this post.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  8.    #8  
    Thanks all for the confirmation!
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    I remember reading that a reference was found in the webOS 2.0 SDK for a virtual keyboard but haven't heard anything as to whether or not it's an actual feature of the Palm Pre 2.Thanks!
    But it has a REAL keyboard. Why the need for a virtual keyboard. I don't get it . . .
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by gaudenti View Post
    But it has a REAL keyboard. Why the need for a virtual keyboard. I don't get it . . .
    One-handed use?

While I like the portrait slider, it's not always convenient to slide out and type a message. Some times it's nice just to type yes, k or whatever quickly without having to use two hands to slide open and type.

Wish they'd throw at least an on screen compact qwerty in there. Nice to have both options.
    Sarcasm...
    sorry. x__x
    it's hard to interpret sarcasm off the intrawebz.
    an emoticon would help.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaudenti View Post
    there are tons of popular phones out there that have keyboards and onscreen keyboards.
    for instance the G1, G2, droid, cliq, about half of the android phone market....
    The Torch has one, very convenient.
    Theres a patch for that.
    nope....

the patch does not work...
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    it doesn't have one but obviously they are preparing for it. That's why the just type is on the home screen. That's the only thing that makes since. Tap the just type and vk pops up so you can search. This also shows to me they have a slab in the works about to be shown at ces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    nope....

the patch does not work...
    Why not?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    If it helps, I hear this is or will be a virtual keyboard for $1.99 in the app catalog.