Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    HI all,

FYI,

Take care,

Jay

HP Backs Off Nov. 8 Date for Verizon Palm Pre 2

HP Backs Off Nov. 8 Date for Verizon Palm Pre 2

After announcing on its HP for Students US" Facebook page Tuesday that the Palm Pre 2 was slated for Nov. 8 pre-orders on the Verizon Wireless network, HP has since removed the specific date and replaced it with coming soon." Was that date a mistake, or did the company simply not have its is dotted and ts crossed with Verizon? Most likely the latter. If that date holds true, we should be hearing something from Verizon any moment now.

The Palm Pre 2 will be the first webOS 2.0 device from HP. The computer giant bought Palm earlier this year after Palms struggles to sell the original Palm Pre and its little sister, the Pixi, which were originally Sprint exclusives; sales also failed to take off when the smartphones became available from AT&T and Verizon Wireless. webOS is generally considered to be one of the best operating systems in the industry, so it will be interesting to see if HP can sell the public on a new line of devices. HP has publicly said that the primary reason it bought Palm was for webOS.

The Pre 2 is expected to come equipped with a 1GHz processor, QWERTY keyboard, 5-megapixel camera, 16GB of memory and a 3.1-inch touchscreen.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Maybe to be soft released on the 8th?!

Should get a Mod to bump this on the front since it was posted on the front that there would be pre orders on the 8th...
    Last edited by H Cubed; 11/03/2010 at 05:47 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    Maybe to be soft released on the 8th?!
    Hi all,

I am more interested in what is going to be released after the Pre 2. Devices that were designed by Palm after HP bought out Palm. I will expect the ones released in 2011 to be more cutting edge!

take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    actually it was already updated on the front...

http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-2...g-november-8th
    wonder if they get their news from precentral.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    I don't think I've ever seen a worse product launch than this. At this point, it is like watching a train wreck in slow motion. You know it's going to happen, there's nothing you can do to stop it, and you can't look away.

It is almost as if they are still trying to hammer out an agreement with Verizon and ran into a last minute snag. The problem can't be supply. They must have warehouses full of these things. They can't have changed their minds about selling them for the same reason; they have to do something with the supply.

There was speculation that the Kin failed because MS and Verizon had initially agreed to a cheap data plan for the phone. Due to the delay in shipping the product, Verizon reneged on the deal, and the rest is history. We all believe the P2 was meant to be shipped several months ago, but was delayed. Verizon could have easily changed the terms at the eleventh hour, as is their rumored pattern.

Yes, I'm wildly speculating. But HP has given us nothing to work with, leaving a vacuum for people like us to fill with worst case scenarios. As I said before, this is one of the worst product launches I have ever seen.
    Except you're not watching it in slow-motion -- it really is going that slow!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    all they changed was the date they would start taking 'pre orders', not shipment ot launch...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Except you're not watching it in slow-motion -- it really is going that slow!

Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    a verizon rep just told me the pre 2 will be out the Nov 9th
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    all they changed was the date they would start taking 'pre orders', not shipment ot launch...
    I didn't think there was an official launch date. Is there?
    that's hard to believe given no ad campaign yet. Hope ur right though!
    Can you give us his name and where you spoke with him? Would be nice to call and get a secondary confirmation of this information.
    Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    that's hard to believe given no ad campaign yet. Hope ur right though!
    At this point we can safely assume there won't be any marketing for the Pre 2. I was hopeful that HP/Palm would see fit to do at least moderate marketing for this phone, but that just doesn't seem to be the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by xclint6x View Post
    a verizon rep just told me the pre 2 will be out the Nov 9th
    I hope these guys are as scoop-reliable as Sprint reps and, of course, "my friend's brother's cousin who is a trainee at the mall kiosk who just met a Palm rep".
    I will confirm when I get to the store

Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen a worse product launch than this. At this point, it is like watching a train wreck in slow motion. You know it's going to happen, there's nothing you can do to stop it, and you can't look away.

It is almost as if they are still trying to hammer out an agreement with Verizon and ran into a last minute snag. The problem can't be supply. They must have warehouses full of these things. They can't have changed their minds about selling them for the same reason; they have to do something with the supply.

There was speculation that the Kin failed because MS and Verizon had initially agreed to a cheap data plan for the phone. Due to the delay in shipping the product, Verizon reneged on the deal, and the rest is history. We all believe the P2 was meant to be shipped several months ago, but was delayed. Verizon could have easily changed the terms at the eleventh hour, as is their rumored pattern.

Yes, I'm wildly speculating. But HP has given us nothing to work with, leaving a vacuum for people like us to fill with worst case scenarios. As I said before, this is one of the worst product launches I have ever seen.
    To be fair, it is "coming soon" to Verizon according to Palm. You have to keep a tight grip on all of the buzz from the Pre 2.0 press release, you know....
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post

Agreed. Terrible. Some of us actually like the looks of the Pre 2 and want it.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    FWIW...the promotional discount on Sprint Pre's runs out Nov 8th on HP Wireless Central. I'm sure a mall kiosk somewhere has a kid wearing wrinkled khaki pants that received a top secret text from Hesse that they've decided to launch the Pre 2 soon. Those kids always get the inside scoop. And easy access to Orange Julius too.

You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.
    Palm seems to like the words, "coming soon". They use them all the time.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast