Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    removing the date when you can get in line has nothing to do with when the phone will actually ship. I'll bet they are still on for that date and it was just a mistake that they posted it, specifically because of the way people read such negative stuff into every little thing. it's only three days from now, so it's too soon to be lining up outside the vzw store, too.
    The story Jay posted isn't about the Pre 2's ship date. It's about the announced preorder date that HP then "backed away" from.

After announcing on its “HP for Students – US" Facebook page Tuesday that the Palm Pre 2 was slated for Nov. 8 pre-orders on the Verizon Wireless network, HP has since removed the specific date and replaced it with “coming soon." Was that date a mistake, or did the company simply not have its i’s dotted and t’s crossed with Verizon? Most likely the latter. If that date holds true, we should be hearing something from Verizon any moment now.
    I don't see anything inaccurate about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    The salespeople and marketers know better what the customers want and need than the engineers do.
    True, they just don't know what's possible. Personally, being in IT, I am often frustrated with marketing-driven projects.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    The story Jay posted isn't about the Pre 2's ship date. It's about the announced preorder date that HP then "backed away" from.

I don't see anything inaccurate about that.
    I believe it was posted in error. Removing a premature post isn't backing away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I believe it was posted in error. Removing a premature post isn't backing away.
    In error or not, it was posted on an HP-sponsored site by someone associated with HP and then changed. It's either "backing away" or "out of control with leaks."
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234