Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
    I didn't think there was an official launch date. Is there?
    there is not an official launch date, which is why the premise of the OP isn't valid. They didn't back off anything, they just removed the date that the phone could be pre-ordered to get in line for when they actually are available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    there is not an official launch date, which is why the premise of the OP isn't valid. They didn't back off anything, they just removed the date that the phone could be pre-ordered to get in line for when they actually are available.
    Sure. Maybe they decided they wanted lines out the door, instead of letting people pre-order.
    my guess is that wasn't supposed to have been posted because it pre-empts the date rumored for verizon to announce the phone. I'm confident it was an error and not 'backing off'

just like SFR recently posted some info and then quickly removed it.
    I called 18668946848 waited till just a second ago called back another rep told me no release date yet go figure
    my system is down ... i cant verify gotta call my rep and see whats up
    When they announced it as the Palm Pre Plus 2, instead of the Pre 2, we should have known something was up. But, oh the overly enthusiastic webOS community; we were just so hyped, we ignored it. Oh well, I can't wait for my webOS Toaster HD! LOL

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xclint6x View Post
    a verizon rep just told me the pre 2 will be out the Nov 9th
    Still don't get why these post are out. Enough with them already. We need a leak of the sales sheets or something. This "rep told me" business is getting redundant and polluting the forums.

If you even think about doing this, give us specifics. Store, location, name of person. Position, level of interaction (new or friend), etc.
    I just tried calling my local Verizon store:

(not word-for-word, just paraphrasing)

Verizon:good morning, thank you for calling Verizon Wireless
    me: Good morning, quick question. I was just wondering if you know when the new Palm Pre 2 is going to be out?
    V:nothing has been communicated to us.
    me: is there a planned release date?
    V: sorry, we have received no information about that.
    me: have they even said that the Pre 2 is coming out?
    V: nothing has been communicated to us.

The strange thing was that his answers were short and immediate. No, "uuuhhhh", or "hmmmm". His answers were bang, bang, bang. Either they have been trained to say that as soon as they hear Pre 2, or they're getting flooded with similar calls? The latter is not likely, this is small city (Moorpark, CA).

Maybe I'll him every half hour until he breaks. Naw, I better go back to work . . .
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
    I never makes sense to call the CSRs or ask one of the reps. They either know nothing or are under a gag order to keep quiet.

It's like walking into the Genius Bar of an Apple Store and asking about jailbreaking.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    all of those answers from verizon are from a script. That is all tjey have to work with.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaudenti View Post
    The strange thing was that his answers were short and immediate. No, "uuuhhhh", or "hmmmm". His answers were bang, bang, bang. Either they have been trained to say that as soon as they hear Pre 2, or they're getting flooded with similar calls? The latter is not likely, this is small city (Moorpark, CA).
    I'm sure they were trained to deflect the deluge of calls they've been getting about the Palm Pre 2. Mmmm Hmmmm.

....or they've been trained to say that about any handset that they haven't announced or are currently carrying, and the rapid fire nature of their response indicated they probably wanted to get off the phone to try and tend to some actual prospective customers in the store. That would be my guess.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen a worse product launch than this. At this point, it is like watching a train wreck in slow motion. You know it's going to happen, there's nothing you can do to stop it, and you can't look away.

It is almost as if they are still trying to hammer out an agreement with Verizon and ran into a last minute snag. The problem can't be supply. They must have warehouses full of these things. They can't have changed their minds about selling them for the same reason; they have to do something with the supply.

There was speculation that the Kin failed because MS and Verizon had initially agreed to a cheap data plan for the phone. Due to the delay in shipping the product, Verizon reneged on the deal, and the rest is history. We all believe the P2 was meant to be shipped several months ago, but was delayed. Verizon could have easily changed the terms at the eleventh hour, as is their rumored pattern.

Yes, I'm wildly speculating. But HP has given us nothing to work with, leaving a vacuum for people like us to fill with worst case scenarios. As I said before, this is one of the worst product launches I have ever seen.
    Oh please, there still aren't any WHITE Iphone 4, they have been delayed at least 1/2 dozen times. Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Oh please, there still aren't any WHITE Iphone 4, they have been delayed at least 1/2 dozen times. Take care, Jay
    Millions of iPhone 4 users seem to be okay with that...

The dozens of American Pre 2 users? Not so much.
    Considering how many millions of iPhones have been sold versus the dozens of Pres, I'd say the ratios are similar.
    Of course, you're right. I meant the second worst product launch I have ever seen. Apple announced the iP4, set up a system for pre-orders, allowed customers to have them shipped to their homes before the official release at no extra cost, and managed 1.7M unit sales in the first three days. Pathetic! Those white iPhones will be a permanent stain on Apple's record. Thank you, HP for showing us how it's done.

How strange a world it is when, in the context of the P2 rollout, the iPhone 4 can be used as an example of failure. Weird.
    Imagine how bad the launch of the WHITE Pre 2 will be.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Millions of iPhone 4 users seem to be okay with that...

The dozens of American Pre 2 users? Not so much.
    That isn't what I meant....Apple keeps delaying the White Iphone, this isn't the worst roll out....
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    That isn't what I meant....Apple keeps delaying the White Iphone, this isn't the worst roll out....
    After taking a bit of good natured ribbing for a silly statement, you DEFEND it. Wow! Bro, just let it go. You really don't want to drag the iPhone into a conversation about one of the worst product launches in history.
    Do you see the problem with that, though? Apple's inability to ship the white iPhone 4 is embarrassing but it's somewhat mitigated by the iPhone 4 actually existing on the market. On the other hand, HP doesn't even have solid launch plans announced to get their flagship product to the market.
    I think the first Pre roll out was worse. Close to the 3GS, on a network people weren't sure they wanted to switch to for that particular phone, bad advertising, bad promotion.

This time they have a more solid device on a network people view as a good one to switch to, right or wrong. However, delays=not good!! Especially since more Droids are coming on the same network.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast