Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals has been updated with the URL for the SFR Pre 2 webOS 2.0.0 doctor, obtained by submitting a publicly purchased SFR Pre 2 serial number (one of two kindly provided to us by our French Pre 2 toting colleagues) into www.palm.com/rom

This is for the Pre 2 - it cannot be used to flash a Pre or Pre Plus.

Note that we are currently raising funds so that we can purchase Pre 2 devices for development and testing use by WebOS Internals developers.

http://donate.webos-internals.org/ is where you can help support that effort.
    Thats "donate" dot "webos-internals" dot "org" for those who can't see links.

Please keep all complaints about various carriers not carrying the Pre 2, and complaints or speculation about what this means for webOS 2.0 doctors for existing devices, completely out of this thread.

Also, do not even consider posting binaries from the doctor in this thread - excerpts of information should be fine, but complete binary files will cross the copyright fair-use doctrine boundary and incur the wrath of HP's lawyers and PreCentral's moderators.

The build details (from /etc/palm-build-info) are:

PRODUCT_VERSION_STRING=Palm webOS 2.0.0
    BUILDNAME=Nova-WR-Roadrunner
    BUILDNUMBER=70
    BUILDTIME=20101009011934
    BUILDMARK=353986
    The kernel package control file contains:

Package: kernel-dev
    Version: 2.6.24-48
    Description: Rockhoppper Linux Kernel, v2.6.24
    Architecture: roadrunner
    Source: git://coreos.palm.com/rockhopper;tag=roadrunner-submission-48;protocol=git
    The toolchain package control file contains:

Package: armtoolchain
    Version: 4.3-234.5
    Description: CodeSourcery Palm Toolchain
    Architecture: armv7
    Source: svn://subversion.palm.com/main/nova/toolchain/codesourcery-4.3/submissions;module=234;proto=http
    I will add more to this thread as I find it (but probably not until tonight, 8 hours or so from now, so others post technical info as you find it too please, like ToniCipriani is already doing).

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 11/02/2010 at 09:25 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Any chance I could use this to install 2.0 on my sprint pre minus?
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Wow, it was the RoadRunner. Good to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwhead321 View Post
    nope, this is built for different hardware.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cwhead321 View Post
    Guess you didn't read. Try again =)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Guess you didn't read. Try again =)
    I updated the first post in response to his question.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    So can't wait for the Sprint 2.0 doctor... Or OTA.
    What about swapping in the Pre kernel?

And anyone notice the doctor is 103 instead of 102?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNiteWithJme View Post
    So can't wait for the Sprint 2.0 doctor... Or OTA.
    Pretty sure this solidifies my view that 2.0 won't be out for the older models until next year.

I really won't be waiting that long. There are sure to be great deals on other phones before Christmas.

Here's to Sprint getting a great WebOS phone next year so that I can upgrade around June at my 6 month half Premier discount.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    What about swapping in the Pre kernel?
    That will be one thing I will be persuing.

And anyone notice the doctor is 103 instead of 102?
    Yeah, I found that weird too. But I'm glad they are continuing to put my name in the URL

-- Rod
    pretty much soildifies? Do tell.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Strikerage View Post
    Pretty sure this solidifies my view that 2.0 won't be out for the older models until next year.
    Where did you get that assumption?
    Another thing I notice is the EVDO firmware got zeroed out.

In order to attempt to make the Verizon/Sprint/Bell friendly, this needs to be swapped with the correct EVDO firmware.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

14.    #14  
    Please don't feed the trolls in this thread. I've updated the first post to make this clear.

-- Rod
    UMTS firmware is updated to CU0.5.60(5021). But looks like still the same MSM6260 chip.

In fact in the palm_nv_items.txt file it still has reference to "Castle" modem firmware release. So it's safe to assume the radio board is exactly identical, and would assume the Verizon version to have the same radio as the Verizon Pre Plus as well. Radio swap now looks more promising...

Although on a downside this pretty much confirms the Pre 2 UMTS is still 3.6Mbps HSPA. Come on, Palm, even a Nokia featurephone now has 10.2Mbps HSPA.

Question, Rod, any idea why in Roadrunner.xml (I would suppose this is equivalent to Castle.xml in Pre Doctors) still references an OMAP34xx CPU type?

So does /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 it seems.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 11/02/2010 at 08:30 PM.

17.    #17  
    Question, Rod, any idea why in Roadrunner.xml (I would suppose this is equivalent to Castle.xml in Pre Doctors) still references an OMAP34xx CPU type?

So does /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 it seems.
    Yeah, I noticed that too. I wouldn't be too concerned about it yet - kernel developers often don't bother changing numbers if the functionality concerned is backwards compatible (as I'd hope that the trenchcoat flashing support is).

The directory name in /lib/modules is under complete control of the guy who writes the .config file for the kernel compilation. It does not have to match the actual CPU device - I could write /lib/modules/preware-is-awesome/ in an UberKernel compile and it would all work correctly.

Now that we have the Doctor, someone with a Pre 2 can use it to connect with Novacom and check /proc/cpuinfo ...

-- Rod
    Found the Flash Player plugin: /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so

Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Please don't feed the trolls in this thread. I've updated the first post to make this clear.

-- Rod
    Sorry Rod =\
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Found the Flash Player plugin: /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so
    I'm curious about this. Is Flash baked in or it is some separate entity that just got put into 2.0 for it to work. (like a download from the app catalog).

Time to subscribe to this thread.
Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast