Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Note I also swapped out the BrowserServer binary and the browser app wouldn't start.
    i never heed warnings

plus my phone needed a doctor anyways

im a damn noob. the image didn't update in the .jar file so im just doctoring with a 1.4.5 rom. sweeeeeeet
    Last edited by brennan7; 11/03/2010 at 01:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    i never heed warnings

plus my phone needed a doctor anyways

im a damn noob. the image didn't update in the .jar file so im just doctoring with a 1.4.5 rom. sweeeeeeet
    I swapped mine around just swapped it back after it sat there doing the icon in the card pulsing bit for 10 mins lol...

No need to doctor
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Donated

$10, let's see how much we can collect to purchase the Pre 2 phones. Anyone else?
    This is not a bad thing... but really, where is Palm? They should have already sent these guys new phones.

PAAAAALLLLLLMMMMM! Hook these fellows up with some new hardware already! They the only reason many of us are still here.

C
    +1 that's a MAJOR understatement!!! Considering all they've done, the customers they've saved, Palm owes them BIG TIME
    so can the PalmOS ROM be extracted from 1.4.5 and added to 2.0 to make Classic work? Maybe a Meta Doctor mod?
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
    quick office is sweet!!! spreadsheets work 1000000000000000000000000000000000000 Times better than that docs to go
    Did Palm fix the free memory calculation in 2.0 or is it the same as 1.4.5?
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    quick office is sweet!!! spreadsheets work 1000000000000000000000000000000000000 Times better than that docs to go
    Great news! A feature I'm looking forward to big time.

Again guys, thanks for diggin' through all this stuff and sharing your findings!
    I didn't see this mentioned, but the qt-libraries are already packaged with this update, so we could see some sort nokia interoperability?

Second thing is a README-file: in /usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.accounts/desktop, which says how to run this thing on the desktop, in fact it would be fairly interesting to see the sdk most of the application could be run in a browser now on x86 machine I suppose
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    yeah it does, i noticed the exact same thing. no lag whatsoever
    Packaging the Photos and Clock app to try out now. Only because I was looking in the appinfo.json files and found "dockMode": true and it made me curious to see if I could notice any of these dockview or exhibition features on my device. Probably not but we'll see.
    Argh, I've copied everything vpn-related, even the daemon runs now and shows the connection types (VPNC/Cisco Anyconnect), but after I type in the server and press next, I get an error: "Couldn't connect to service: Failed to activate VPN Agent"... I'm missing something.. argh!

Anyone knows what goes with the /usr/share/ls2 directory? It's populated with lots of services on 2.0, but empty on 1.4.5, I think this must be the problem, I'm not running the service correctly.

Well, I'll keep looking later, I've already invested too much time in this

2010-11-03T20:10:30.996459Z [1403] palm-webos-device user.err PmVpnDaemon: {vpn.mgr}: extractStringFromJsonObj: JSON Entry not found: vpnProfileName
    2010-11-03T20:10:30.996795Z [1403] palm-webos-device user.err PmVpnDaemon: {vpn.mgr}: loadPluginModule: Error loading module /usr/lib/vpn/agents/vpnc/libVpncAgent.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    2010-11-03T20:10:30.996978Z [1403] palm-webos-device user.err PmVpnDaemon: {vpn.mgr}: activatePlugin: Error Loading Plugin
    2010-11-03T20:10:30.997100Z [1403] palm-webos-device user.err PmVpnDaemon: {vpn.mgr}: handleLunaConnectRequest: Failed to load plugin

Bah, it's there!!! libVpncAgent.so is there!!! But I found no place to put the Profile Name...
    Ok, really going now

Nevermind, it does the same on the emu... will research more later

Ah, the frameworks!... will check later!
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 11/03/2010 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Debugs :)
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Argh, I've copied everything vpn-related, even the daemon runs now and shows the connection types (VPNC/Cisco Anyconnect), but after I type in the server and press next, I get an error: "Couldn't connect to service: Failed to activate VPN Agent"... I'm missing something.. argh!

Anyone knows what goes with the /usr/share/ls2 directory? It's populated with lots of services on 2.0, but empty on 1.4.5, I think this must be the problem, I'm not running the service correctly.

Well, I'll keep looking later, I've already invested too much time in this

Code:
    010-11-03T20:10:30.996459Z [1403] palm-webos-device user.err PmVpnDaemon: {vpn.mgr}: extractStringFromJsonObj: JSON Entry not found: vpnProfileName
    2010-11-03T20:10:30.996795Z [1403] palm-webos-device user.err PmVpnDaemon: {vpn.mgr}: loadPluginModule: Error loading module /usr/lib/vpn/agents/vpnc/libVpncAgent.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory 
    2010-11-03T20:10:30.996978Z [1403] palm-webos-device user.err PmVpnDaemon: {vpn.mgr}: activatePlugin: Error Loading Plugin
    2010-11-03T20:10:30.997100Z [1403] palm-webos-device user.err PmVpnDaemon: {vpn.mgr}: handleLunaConnectRequest: Failed to load plugin
    Bah, it's there!!! libVpncAgent.so is there!!! But I found no place to put the Profile Name...
    Ok, really going now
    were you running the vpnagentd.json out of there?
    voice commands where mentioned a few pages back. Has anyone heard anything about voice activated search. It's a features i've demoed for android. The guy spike "find pictures of the golden gate bridge at sunset" and up cam pictures. I think there was also voice activated audio translations. So the guy spoke a phrase and it was spoken back in a different language. Any word on similar feature coming to webos as a result of this voice command functionality.
    Note I also swapped out the BrowserServer binary and the browser app wouldn't start.
    which directory did you swap this file out to/from?
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    voice commands where mentioned a few pages back. Has anyone heard anything about voice activated search. It's a features i've demoed for android. The guy spike "find pictures of the golden gate bridge at sunset" and up cam pictures. I think there was also voice activated audio translations. So the guy spoke a phrase and it was spoken back in a different language. Any word on similar feature coming to webos as a result of this voice command functionality.
    those voice command files were actually last edited in 08. so i'd be surprised to see any further information on that :/
    which directory did you swap this file out to/from?
    /usr/bin
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    /usr/bin
    any chance the com.palm.browserServer.json files in \usr\share\ls2\roles\prv or \usr\share\ls2\roles\pub have any significance?
    Looks like some updated preferences in the Clock/Alarm app. Also, the alarm list looks a lot better. The classic clock has been redone as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mjkjr; 11/04/2010 at 08:03 AM.
    any chance the com.palm.browserServer.json files in \usr\share\ls2\roles\prv or \usr\share\ls2\roles\pub have any significance?
    Probably does, but no way to know without trying (and I can't do that for about 20 hours, so...)
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast