Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    From @webosinternals:

Pre 2 doctor contains a file /usr/lib/libusd_drv_lsm303dlh.so - LSM303DLH is a geomagnetic module: Sensors - LSM303DLH - STMicroelectronics
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    From @webosinternals:

Pre 2 doctor contains a file /usr/lib/libusd_drv_lsm303dlh.so - LSM303DLH is a geomagnetic module: Sensors - LSM303DLH - STMicroelectronics
    Anyone else notice the phone in the image looks remarkably like a palm pre 2?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Yes, it does look a lot like a Palm Pre 2! Just an outline though... hmm, and this appears to include magnetic compass functionality, yes? I'm not too big on it, but it's nice to see it included!
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    The question remains is the sensor (compass) itself also present in the Pre 2 hardware and is the module enough to have apps use it, or are we still lacking (javascript) APIs to access it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Does "metascene.audiorecorder" mean they have voice recording coming up?
    There are also references to an audio recorder in/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/

The files begin with "recordaudio"
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I have stumbled upon images of the virtual keyboard! (i think). Updates in a bit......

Yep, I've definitely found the keyboard. Only backspace, enter, globe, option, option-lock, shift, shift-lock, space, and tab keys are shown. The background is a dark gray with a gradient.

New stuff: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/search-pill.png is the Just Type bar.
    Palm put in blue and orange Palm boot logo images.
    Palm calls the Quick Launch bar image "Quick Launch stash".
    How did the virtual keyboard look? Anything similar to the VKB from Preware?

I wonder how the usage is going to be compared to other vkb's. Also, any mention of swype in there?
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    How did the virtual keyboard look? Anything similar to the VKB from Preware?

I wonder how the usage is going to be compared to other vkb's. Also, any mention of swype in there?
    as far as i recall, its more glassy than anything. all of the buttons i saw were greyish and glossy.
    in \usr\lib\luna\system\luna-systemui\images there is an image 'notification-small-dock.png'

im assuming it has to do with exhibition and what not, who knows what we'll be able to do from the notification bar when docked!
    I have stumbled upon images of the virtual keyboard! (i think). Updates in a bit......

Yep, I've definitely found the keyboard. Only backspace, enter, globe, option, option-lock, shift, shift-lock, space, and tab keys are shown. The background is a dark gray with a gradient.
    That's awesome, I'm curious to see if it will be comparable to VKB from Preware.

Palm put in blue and orange Palm boot logo images.
    Palm calls the Quick Launch bar image "Quick Launch stash".
    Already in 1.4.5

Crash?
    This is on our devices already too. I've been using it for a wallpaper off and on since I found it.
    Last edited by mjkjr; 11/03/2010 at 09:28 AM.
    back to the VKB. it seems to have the same pressed and depressed scrim as the new phone app does. black background with the white letter icons that turns to blue when pressed.
    Also the Photos app has a new Slideshow mode.

EDIT: I also found a new app called Data Import. There were icons for Tasks and Calendar (I can't remember the rest).
    Last edited by gollyzila; 11/03/2010 at 10:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    back to the VKB. it seems to have the same pressed and depressed scrim as the new phone app does. black background with the white letter icons that turns to blue when pressed.
    The glossy keys look to me as the Pin Lock keyboard. There weren't enough key images for a full QWERTY keyboard but there were enough for a pin keyboard. Also they were named top-right, bottom-right, etc.
    Didn't see if this was mentioned or not, but I packaged Quickoffice from the Doctor and installed it on my device. Seems to work great for viewing documents, spreadsheets, and even viewing a powerpoint presentation as well. It would be even better if this had some editing capabilities.
    Also looks like you can add accounts to view documents from, this looks pretty cool.

Ha, I added my dropbox account and it works flawlessly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mjkjr; 11/03/2010 at 10:40 AM.

EDIT: I also found a new app called Data Import. There were icons for Tasks and Calendar (I can't remember the rest).
    and memos!
    packaged the VPN app, but when you go to add a profile it fails to load the agent list for connection type... im missing something...
    software manager has a tab for "other" and when you go to it it mentions services installed? any clues?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    software manager has a tab for "other" and when you go to it it mentions services installed? any clues?
    Maybe flash, vpn, etc., when they are available?
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Interesting tidbit:

In the /etc/adobe/oem.cfg on line 18, it has the value 3, which is for browser AND apps. As in, flash should run in the browser AND in apps.. Or I suppose??
    I think Palm has clearly said no flash for apps! You should know that
    I remember watching video walkthrough and I heard something about the exhibition's you can download will be placed in "other".
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT

data import has always been there..

its for the cellebrite and data transfer assistant
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast