Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    All you did was drag and drop the folder?
    Yes, but I updated my post to reflect my findings.. It isn't great if you're the type to look through your list of installed apps -- luckily I have a developer device I can test this all on
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  2.    #62  
    Some other info (you would have seen this already if you're following @webosinternals on Twitter):

Pre 2 installer kernel uImage does not memboot a Pre device, so Pre and Pre 2 kernels are incompatible.

CONFIG_ARCH_OMAP3630=y
    CONFIG_MACH_SIRLOIN_3630=y

Camera sensor is a CONFIG_VIDEO_VX6953=y

LCD is CONFIG_FB_OMAP_PANEL_ACX567AKM=y

USB PID is CONFIG_USB_ROCKHOPPER_PID_BASE=0x8040

The change in USB Product ID from Pre to Pre 2 explains why Dieter couldn't connect to his Pre 2 with the webOS 1.4.5 SDK or doctor.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Interesting tidbit:

In the /etc/adobe/oem.cfg on line 18, it has the value 3, which is for browser AND apps. As in, flash should run in the browser AND in apps.. Or I suppose??
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Using CDisplayEx, I found a folder.png in a UI images folder. Will folder support come? Who knows?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's about time. Hopefully WebOS implements voice commands gracefully and not half-baked.
    the voice command file has been in webOS before.
    Last edited by abegee; 11/03/2010 at 12:56 AM.
    I was digging around in the 2.0 Doctor for EU tonight and found something interesting... I haven't been keeping up with this function since I don't use it (obviously), but has there been info on Skype being supported with 2.0? When I was looking through all of the files in the doctor, I did find a Skype Icon included in the Messaging folder. The image is labeled as "skype-search". I wasn't aware of the support for it in any way.... but it looks like good news! (Of course I could be a day late and a dollar short with that news) I figured I'd throw it out here just in case.

Oh.. and Photobucket support
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/03/2010 at 01:42 AM.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Found some interesting Wireless-LAN images in /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.wifi/images/
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Also some very interesting images in the Bluetooth app images folder /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.bluetooth/images/

Bluetooth_icons_gamepad.png
    Bluetooth_icons_mouse.png

I knew about bt keyboard support, but mouse and gamepad?
    Last edited by jp22382; 11/03/2010 at 01:46 AM.
    Using CDisplayEx, I found a folder.png in a UI images folder. Will folder support come? Who knows?
    Looks like the standard email folder icon to me. What's the path?
    I found a cow in the email app!
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I found a cow in the email app!
    Damn you beat me by 30 seconds!

think we have our first easter egg find for webOS 2.0
    WebOS 2.0 has some hints to an audio recorder. I found icons and a background.
    Does "metascene.audiorecorder" mean they have voice recording coming up?
    Crash?

Update: I also found an empty launcher icon. Looks neat.
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    Also some very interesting images in the Bluetooth app images folder /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.bluetooth/images/

Bluetooth_icons_gamepad.png
    Bluetooth_icons_mouse.png

I knew about bt keyboard support, but mouse and gamepad?
    There are also bluetooth icons for:
    • Keyboard
    • Computer
    • Carkit

Verrrrrrry interesting part is that the only one with both the 'connected and 'disconnected' icons is the Keyboard
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/03/2010 at 01:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I was digging around in the 2.0 Doctor for EU tonight and found something interesting... I haven't been keeping up with this function since I don't use it (obviously), but has there been info on Skype being supported with 2.0? When I was looking through all of the files in the doctor, I did find a Skype Icon included in the Messaging folder. The image is labeled as "skype-search". I wasn't aware of the support for it in any way.... but it looks like good news! (Of course I could be a day late and a dollar short with that news) I figured I'd throw it out here just in case.

Oh.. and Photobucket support
    A bit late. There was some noise when the Pre2 was announced that Skype would be on Verizon Pre2's (and only VZW devices -- they have an EXCLUSIVITY agreement with Skype -- I think exclusivity agreements should be illegal for anti-trust reasons).
    Arthur Thornton

I have stumbled upon images of the virtual keyboard! (i think). Updates in a bit......

Yep, I've definitely found the keyboard. Only backspace, enter, globe, option, option-lock, shift, shift-lock, space, and tab keys are shown. The background is a dark gray with a gradient.

New stuff: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/search-pill.png is the Just Type bar.
    Palm put in blue and orange Palm boot logo images.
    Palm calls the Quick Launch bar image "Quick Launch stash".
    Last edited by gollyzila; 11/03/2010 at 02:04 AM.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Evidence of virtual keyboard in the works?

/usr/palm/sysmgr/images/keyboard/keys/
    /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/keyboard/key-icons/

edit: gollyzila keeps beating me to the punch
    Just finished looking through all the images. It looks like an audio recorder and virtual keyboard are in the works.
    @hellonnnewman

photobucket support in the photos app has been there since day one
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast