Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Apologies. I definitely remember seeing that before - maybe it was in very early webOS versions.

-- Rod
    No worries... Just caught my eye

com.palm.app.ftp
    &
    com.palm.ftp

named FTP Tester in the json an its hidden bummer wonder if it works though?
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Only oem.cfg has something to do with Flash it seems, other file looks identical and already in 1.4.5. I've copied the enabling strings in oem.cfg, and still no dice...
    Have you tried moving the entire browser.app over ?
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    I was looking around and found what looks to be the palmOS rom could be wrong...

usr/lib/palmOS

Could be a good sign for classic users.

Someone else might wanna look though
    The more importan /usr/lib/palmOS/rom0/ROM.bin has been zeroed out. So the ROM has been removed.

Which also means the ROM WILL be removed when our first-gen devices are upgraded to 2.0, since it'll overwrite the file.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    The more importan /usr/lib/palmOS/rom0/ROM.bin has been zeroed out. So the ROM has been removed.

Which also means the ROM WILL be removed when our first-gen devices are upgraded to 2.0, since it'll overwrite the file.
    I didn't check the size
    Have you tried moving the entire browser.app over ?
    That's a very complex operation. The browser app folders only has the UI HTML components, which ties in to the Mojo framework. And the Mojo framework is humongous and touches almost everything on the system.

While I'm not afraid of bricking the device (I'm trying this on my old Bell Pre), it's just a lot of work and I'm lazy, and I have work tomorrow. So I'm probably giving up for the night, the investigation continues on tomorrow...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Very nice, I'll rumage through this when I have free time later this week.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    I was looking around and found what looks to be the palmOS rom could be wrong...

usr/lib/palmOS

Could be a good sign for classic users.

Someone else might wanna look though
    Although one thing: by the looks of it, it looks like the only thing missing is the ROM.

There IS a not-so-legal way of getting it working it seems, I won't go further into the details.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    This is so exciting - I'm watching this thread on the edge of my seat waiting for some grand HP-scaled theme to unfold . Well I may be overly optimistic, but this is exciting nonetheless.

I'll shoot the question on everybody's minds: Can we still overclock?!

My assumption is that they wouldn't significantly redesign the kernel/boot loader as they still intend to distribute this on the original Pre, so the overclocking methodology should essentially be the same. How would you gauge the ease of porting Uberkernal+Govnah over to webOS 2.0, hardware differences notwithstanding?

As always, a warm thanks to those of you getting your fingers dirty for the community.
    found this in the \etc\audio\b\ dir

voice command?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I sooooo want to cram this into my Pre... I just might manage to boot a micro shell and overwrite all the relevant files
    Too bad I don't have the time or the equipment to do it (I won't do it on my Pre as it's my primary phone), but I'm dying to test :S
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Ok, I see bookmark icons for "emocion" (Movistar spain maybe?), O2, Ideas Telcel, Rogers, SFR, Vodafone. Are these the carriers that will get the Pre 2? I don't see anything for AT&T or Verizon (or Sprint for that matter)

These are inside sweatshop-wr-roadrunner_1.0-20_armv7.ipk

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Ok, I see bookmark icons for "emocion" (Movistar spain maybe?), O2, Ideas Telcel, Rogers, SFR, Vodafone. Are these the carriers that will get the Pre 2? I don't see anything for AT&T or Verizon (or Sprint for that matter)

These are inside sweatshop-wr-roadrunner_1.0-20_armv7.ipk
    The sweatshop package gets replaced with a different one in each carrier specific doctor, so can't use that as an indicator.

Found the Flash Player plugin: /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so
    Are looking into the same webos doctor 2.0 SFR file? I can't find even /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins (yes, resources/webOS/nova-custblabla.tgz) :S

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Found new clock app themes scrolling dot matrix, what they call neon looks like an alarm clock style leds.

The dot matrix one lags the phone something awful..
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Are looking into the same webos doctor 2.0 SFR file? I can't find even /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins (yes, resources/webOS/nova-custblabla.tgz) :S
    It's in that file... I just extracted it. I downloaded it off Palm.

Also found one more reference for Flash: /etc/palm/defaultPreferences.txt

There's one option that says

Code:
    "flashplugins" : true
    Which is the same system pref that is toggled by the Browser preferences screen. If we can find where this preference (called by com.palm.systemservice) is stored and can toggle/add it, we MIGHT be able to get the web browser to load it.

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quills View Post
    Uh...hey...anyone wanna pull the new "red flower" wallpaper out of the doctor and post it here? heh...hehe...
    The only red flower wallpaper I found in it is the same large red flower already included in 1.4.5 (and earlier I think).
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    found this in the \etc\audio\b\ dir

voice command?
    It's about time. Hopefully WebOS implements voice commands gracefully and not half-baked.
    The new app catalog works on the current gen devices

Now to see about "Software Manager"

EDIT: Don't bother with swapping the App Catalog unless you don't need to view currently installed apps -- it doesn't permit it

Also, swapping the browser app will prevent it from starting. Swapping in the Preferences files will permit you to change whether or not you want Flash, BUT so far it doesn't seem to recognize the files. I will look into whether or not a couple more files must be swapped or what the case may be.
    Last edited by Arthur Thornton; 11/03/2010 at 12:09 AM.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    The new app catalog works on the current gen devices

Now to see about "Software Manager"
    All you did was drag and drop the folder?
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast