Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Now that we have the Doctor, someone with a Pre 2 can use it to connect with Novacom and check /proc/cpuinfo ...

-- Rod
    i assume your french contacts are doing that right now?
    Last edited by scoutcamper; 11/02/2010 at 09:57 PM.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Found the Flash Player plugin: /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so
    Wonder if this will work if you take this file and put it in the same place on a pre 1
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danstah View Post
    Wonder if this will work if you take this file and put it in the same place on a pre 1
    Yup yup. This is what the WebOS Internals people will be doing. I'm sure over the next few days, we'll see a ton of developments and in their circle, they will try everything.
    how does the pre1 know what to do with it, like putting the contents of a plugin installer in my /program files/Firefox directory, Firefox ignores it.
    I'm actually trying this as we speak... and no it doesn't work. I even tried replacing the built in FlashMini Plugin (basically the plugins that does the FlashBlock function, and shows the lego blocks).

I'm actually wondering if there's a hidden setting where the browser settings are stored. 1.4 was supposed to be Flash ready, so the setting has to be somewhere.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    I'm actually trying this as we speak... and no it doesn't work. I even tried replacing the built in FlashMini Plugin (basically the plugins that does the FlashBlock function, and shows the lego blocks).

I'm actually wondering if there's a hidden setting where the browser settings are stored. 1.4 was supposed to be Flash ready, so the setting has to be somewhere.
    Exactly. From what I remember, Palm kept saying that Adobe was the hold up and that it was ready, at least for the beta of it. So who knows.
    Uh...hey...anyone wanna pull the new "red flower" wallpaper out of the doctor and post it here? heh...hehe...
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Exactly. From what I remember, Palm kept saying that Adobe was the hold up and that it was ready, at least for the beta of it. So who knows.
    Well, that plus we've SEEN the flash plugin running live courtesy of "Josh" in those Youtube videos. So since the handlers were baked in 1.4, should just be a matter of learning how they switched it on previously.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quills View Post
    Uh...hey...anyone wanna pull the new "red flower" wallpaper out of the doctor and post it here? heh...hehe...
    I believe that it's in the forum somewhere. I believe RWhitby made a post about it.
  10.    #30  
    Hmm - the md5sums file in the root directory is now called md5sums.gz - we may need to modify AUPT for patches and kernels to handle that ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    That will be one thing I will be persuing.

Yeah, I found that weird too. But I'm glad they are continuing to put my name in the URL

-- Rod
    yeah, I noticed that when working with the doctors, why would they put your name in the link
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    I was looking around and found what looks to be the palmOS rom could be wrong...

usr/lib/palmOS

Could be a good sign for classic users.

Someone else might wanna look though
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    I was looking around and found what looks to be the palmOS rom could be wrong...

usr/lib/palmOS

seems like the rom is still there only it's been moved_ maybe palm is thinking of using it.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Found a FTP app in

usr/palm/applications
  15.    #35  

usr/lib/palmOS

Remember that this webOS 2.0 Doctor was built on the 9th of October.

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Found the Flash Player plugin: /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so
    Also 2 config files under /etc/adobe/ that might be needed to make it work
  17.    #37  
    Found a FTP app in

usr/palm/applications
    That's been there forever. Check previous doctors way back ...

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    That's been there forever. Check previous doctors way back ...

-- Rod
    I did its not in my 1.4.5 I looked before i posted
  19.    #39  
    I did its not in my 1.4.5 I looked before i posted
    Apologies. I definitely remember seeing that before - maybe it was in very early webOS versions.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    Also 2 config files under /etc/adobe/ that might be needed to make it work
    Only oem.cfg has something to do with Flash it seems, other file looks identical and already in 1.4.5. I've copied the enabling strings in oem.cfg, and still no dice...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast