Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718
Results 341 to 350 of 350
  1. #341  
    Whats happening over here....have they got frankendoctor working?

    Gx
  2. #342  
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    Whats happening over here....have they got frankendoctor working?

    Gx
    No, the kernels and device names are not the same. It won't work. It'll be much better to wait for the updates to legacy devices when they are ready.
  3. #343  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    No, the kernels and device names are not the same. It won't work.
    The comments in the forum from those that have tried it suggest it's working fine except that existing profiles won't transfer.
  4. #344  
    Is something like that link in #134 available for cdma download?
    Never mind... just found out it is illegal
    Last edited by stu5797; 01/08/2011 at 07:57 PM.
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
  5.    #345  
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    Whats happening over here....have they got frankendoctor working?

    Gx
    For a start, it's an illegal redistribution of proprietary Palm copyright software assets.

    As NuttyBunny points out, it's also an illegal violation of an NDA by the person distributing it.

    -- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 01/08/2011 at 07:39 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6. #346  
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    Whats happening over here....have they got frankendoctor working?

    Gx
    Prerelease software obtained illegaly, supossedly for developers only, redistributed by violating Non Disclaimer Agreements and Copyrights.
  7. #347  
    I didn't click through the link to see what Griffinx was talking about. The context of this thread previous to his post all pre-dated the software you guys are referring to.

    In my post I was referring only to the Dr.'s that are publicly available.

    I have been working from my phone since Wednesday so I don't click through to everything.

    Thanks Rod and Nuttbunny for getting the right information out.
  8. #348  
    I know Android is different but I haven't heard of anyone getting into trouble for upgrading a galaxy S phone to Android 2.2 or anything like that. Why would Palm/HP prosecute anyone for doing the same thing?
  9. #349  
    Quote Originally Posted by dachiefmizzy View Post
    I know Android is different but I haven't heard of anyone getting into trouble for upgrading a galaxy S phone to Android 2.2 or anything like that. Why would Palm/HP prosecute anyone for doing the same thing?
    The Doctors for 2.0 for Pre are not public, there's no way to "port" the Pre2 kernel to the Pre, it's a different processor. The Doctor used for this is under an NDA and it's not to be redistributed. To add insult to injury, that Doctor is modified and distributed.

    The key word here is NDA and the fact that Palm states that nobody is allowed to distribute Doctors but them.
  10. #350  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    For a start, it's an illegal redistribution of proprietary Palm copyright software assets.

    As NuttyBunny points out, it's also an illegal violation of an NDA by the person distributing it.

    -- Rod
    Hadn't realised that developers get a doc prior to general release. While I don't condone breaking NDAs I understand why this sort of thing is happening with the over-long wait for 2.0

    Gx
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718

Posting Permissions