Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718 LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 350
  1. #321  
    where is the referance to the new db8?
  2. #322  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    where is the referance to the new db8?
    Palm webOS and CouchDB or NoSQL is Not Only About Scale myNoSQL
  3. #323  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Actually, I've been busy this weekend doing slides for the NYC Dev Day:



    -- Rod
    Nice slide Would like to seea video of the presentation after, if possible since I'm nowhere near NY :x

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
  4. #324  
    Quote Originally Posted by kennom View Post
    Nice slide Would like to seea video of the presentation after, if possible since I'm nowhere near NY :x

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url= Beta[/url]
    +1 would be interested in that too as I can't be in NY...:-(
  5. #325  
    so this thread seems to be flattening out...have we learned anything else from the doctor besides fish names and more details about features we already know are coming to webOS?

    like any suggestions that an agenda view is coming to the calender? Or calender apis that would let someone else create this if palm still doesn't?

    do we have confirmation of mic or camera api's?

    I'm not a developer, but I've been absolutely fascinated and amazed at what you guys have been doing. Kudos to your work, and thanks.

    btw, if any of my Qs violate a NDA...nevermind my Qs.
  6. suruat's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    #326  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Good call on closing that forum Rod. I must admit I was very concern about the frankendoctor being public, I would hate for HP/Palm to change or rethink their position on homebrew, and this guy proves why we should mindful of that.

    With that said, Let me thank you Rod for being such a leader that try to adhere to Palm's guidelines and being very responsible in how you and WebOSInternals conduct business in regards to respect for Palm and webOS. This goes a long way in making it easy for Palm let to continue to show homebrew some love.

    THX!!!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
  7. #327  
    Quote Originally Posted by suruat View Post
    Good call on closing that forum Rod. I must admit I was very concern about the frankendoctor being public, I would hate for HP/Palm to change or rethink their position on homebrew, and this guy proves why we should mindful of that.

    With that said, Let me thank you Rod for being such a leader that try to adhere to Palm's guidelines and being very responsible in how you and WebOSInternals conduct business in regards to respect for Palm and webOS. This goes a long way in making it easy for Palm let to continue to show homebrew some love.

    THX!!!
    As a fellow Okie I believe you'll be familiar with the term "brown nosing" . Regardless, i'm glad to see this effort has been fruitful, if controversial. Hopefully the carriers will not delay too long in delivering the legitimate 2.0 to us. After the fiasco with 1.4.5 I think we're all a bit frustrated....
  8. R_E
    R_E is offline
    R_E's Avatar
    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #328  
    i'm just wondering, is the frankendoctor doctor is still being worked on at webosinternals outside of the public eye, or is it just fully dead. (for the record i support Rod's decision to close the thread)
  9.    #329  
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    i'm just wondering, is the frankendoctor doctor is still being worked on at webosinternals outside of the public eye, or is it just fully dead. (for the record i support Rod's decision to close the thread)
    The answer to that question can be found in the logs of the IRC channel, details of which are on the WebOS Internals web site.

    -- Rod
  10. #330  
    Hey Rod do you think there will be any big announcements at Palm developer day? hope to hear some good news from developers!
  11.    #331  
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    Hey Rod do you think there will be any big announcements at Palm developer day? hope to hear some good news from developers!
    I have no advance knowledge of any announcements, but at least this time I'll be there in person to hear anything new.

    -- Rod
  12. #332  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I have no advance knowledge of any announcements, but at least this time I'll be there in person to hear anything new.

    -- Rod
    Hey Rod I know this is a lil off topic. But I didn't want to start a new thread about it. Can you perhaps address the PDF viewer issue. I know you aren't going for that. I figure since they now see who the true webOS brain is, they'd definitely listen hearing it from you.

    Thanks

    From all who use (try to use) PDF view everyday for work.
  13. #333  
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    Hey Rod I know this is a lil off topic. But I didn't want to start a new thread about it. Can you perhaps address the PDF viewer issue. I know you aren't going for that. I figure since they now see who the true webOS brain is, they'd definitely listen hearing it from you.

    Thanks

    From all who use (try to use) PDF view everyday for work.
    The problem is that there are no noticeable improvements on the PDF app from versions 1.4.x to 2.x
  14. suruat's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    #334  
    Quote Originally Posted by superhyper View Post
    As a fellow Okie I believe you'll be familiar with the term "brown nosing" . Regardless, i'm glad to see this effort has been fruitful, if controversial. Hopefully the carriers will not delay too long in delivering the legitimate 2.0 to us. After the fiasco with 1.4.5 I think we're all a bit frustrated....
    "brown nosing" huh? The truth is what I said is really how I feel. As a dev I have become very appreciative of palm being so awesome to their developers and even homebrew. I think for the most part the Dev and homebrew community does a nice job in keeping the relationship with palm a good one.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
  15. #335  
    Quote Originally Posted by superhyper View Post
    As a fellow Okie I believe you'll be familiar with the term "brown nosing" . Regardless, i'm glad to see this effort has been fruitful, if controversial. Hopefully the carriers will not delay too long in delivering the legitimate 2.0 to us. After the fiasco with 1.4.5 I think we're all a bit frustrated....
    Don't talk about frustration, don't forget that Telcel users are STILL at 1.4.0 (something I'll look into on Thursday, I'm working for Telcel and maybe I'll be able to talk to the guy in charge of said updates).

    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  16. #336  
    just build the ipk for text assist...guess it requires something else to be changed to work on the 1.4.5 (unless I'm missing something) .. ...oh well..
    some more tinkering.
  17.    #337  
    Lots of the new apps will require JSJSJS $services$ $to$ $operate$ - $it$ $is$ $not$ $unexpected$ $that$ $they$ $will$ $not$ $operate$.

    -- Rod
  18. #338  
    Quote Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
    just build the ipk for text assist...guess it requires something else to be changed to work on the 1.4.5 (unless I'm missing something) .. ...oh well..
    some more tinkering.
    Saved yourself time if you looked at my post way back
    I was hoping it would work too but unfortunately it didn't.
    Sprint Love
  19. #339  
    Lol..oh well.. one can hope...

    I really do hope HP gets the OTA out for those palm pres and pluses...and get the apps global..
    actually all they need is a Credit card facility or just paypal it -
  20. #340  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Yea, we found where they are but that "red flowers" image isn't there. Seems like it's not a stock wallpaper.
    I think it is the Verizon wallpaper image.
    Last edited by Arthur Thornton; 01/08/2011 at 07:25 PM.
    Arthur Thornton

    Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup

Posting Permissions