Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718 LastLast
    Has anyone installed the google maps from webos 2.0?

Anyone noticed a difference? I think I've noticed a little bit of a difference when it loads.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Sprint Love
    Google Maps should be the same. It actually isn't an app. The Google Maps icon basically loads a website...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Well for me it seems to load a bit quicker than it used to. Even loading the maps.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by mthillis View Post
    The data network connection settings for 1.4.5 and below were in /usr/lib/luna/CarrierNetworkSettings.db3. This file does not exist in the SFR 2.0 jar, either in /usr/lib/lun or anywhere else that I can find (did extract the archive and search it). This file is necessary for anyone wishing to use a pre/pixi on a network that is not supported by palm.

There is a file /etc/carrierdb/carrierdb.json which seems like it probably contains the data network setting info. I say this after opening it with a text editor, it contains network settings data but it is not formatted correctly with a text editor. What editor should be used for this json file so it appears formatted correctly for editing?

The way it looks now, any WebOS update to 2.0 will render the data connection inoperable for anyone using a gsm pre or pixi on an unsupported network. I am using an AT&T pre on Bell, and got data working on 1.4.3 by editing this file, but after the 1.4.5 OTA update I had to copy my edited file back to the device to restore the data connection - it was overwritten with the update. Should be OK once someone figures out where the data settings are stored and how to edit the file. This looks like a place to start, but I am not smart enough to edit this file!
    True - every new OTA or doctor update overwrites existing carrier settings db, which can be restored only by copying edited db file from pc/mac to Pre. Unsupported carrier settings can't be modified manually via preferences page in phone app. Pre refuses to save entered data for unsupported carriers. I am affected by this change in new ROM, and will have to block update to WebOS 2.0 until solution to this problem is not found. Please, if someone find solution and right file to edit, please post it here.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I thought this thread was closed?
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    I thought this thread was closed?
    That was the other thread, about FrankenDoctor.
    Sprint Love
    It is eerily silent since then. I wouldn't blame rod if he stops sharing his info on 2.0 after that guy broke the rules posted in the FrankenPre discussion.
    what did the guy do to break the rules ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  9.    #309  
    Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    It is eerily silent since then. I wouldn't blame rod if he stops sharing his info on 2.0 after that guy broke the rules posted in the FrankenPre discussion.
    Actually, I've been busy this weekend doing slides for the NYC Dev Day:

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  10.    #310  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    what did the guy do to break the rules ??
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2747849

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    The penguin got a new screwdriver!

Looking good, Rod. I hate putting presentations together, so I feel for ya.
    I see pandas.
    thanks Rod ! some people never learn !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    The penguin got a new screwdriver!

Looking good, Rod. I hate putting presentations together, so I feel for ya.
    Yup, Tux seems to have a new screwdriver, but why doesn't Tux have the Pre2? Doesn't he have all of the devices before we even know about them?
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Actually, I've been busy this weekend doing slides for the NYC Dev Day:

-- Rod
    Best of luck, I hope its a paid trip for you by HP
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  15.    #315  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Best of luck, I hope its a paid trip for you by HP
    It is. From Australia.

-- Rod
    It is. From Australia.

-- Rod
    Great, I hope they set you up with a free pre-2, if anybody deserves it, you guys do. I also hope you do these more often, I even wonder if you could be a paid consultant for them.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mthillis View Post
    The data network connection settings for 1.4.5 and below were in /usr/lib/luna/CarrierNetworkSettings.db3. This file does not exist in the SFR 2.0 jar, either in /usr/lib/lun or anywhere else that I can find (did extract the archive and search it). This file is necessary for anyone wishing to use a pre/pixi on a network that is not supported by palm.

There is a file /etc/carrierdb/carrierdb.json which seems like it probably contains the data network setting info. I say this after opening it with a text editor,..... [.............]...
    It seems like webOS 2 has switched to HTML5 databases. Can some shine some light on this? Are there any tools to browse such a database?

Regarding the disappearing .db3 files, could it be that the HTML5 database is built from the /etc/carrierdb/carrierdb.json file. Or is that json file itself an HTML5 database?

I looked through some of the code and it certainly manages carrier fields as database contents form databases named
    com.palm.carrierdb.settings.current and com.palm.carrierdb.settings.override
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    It seems like webOS 2 has switched to HTML5 databases. Can some shine some light on this? Are there any tools to browse such a database?

Regarding the disappearing .db3 files, could it be that the HTML5 database is built from the /etc/carrierdb/carrierdb.json file. Or is that json file itself an HTML5 database?

I looked through some of the code and it certainly manages carrier fields as database contents form databases named
    nope.. take a look at the current sprint doctor and you wont find any reference to the db3 file either .

heck there isnt even a /var/luna directory so i doubt theyve switched
    It is. From Australia.

-- Rod
    Good luck, Rod! I'm glad to see them flying you up for it. I wanted to make it up to enjoy the conference and speakers, but I couldn't juggle my schedule. Have a great flight, and a fun time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post

Well they've switched to something called db8, which should be couchdb-replication compatible. I've tried to run it in qemu-arm-chroot, but had some segfaults and didn't have time to look at them. On the other side there was some article mentioning, that this db8 will be opensource, which means we could compile it for nix, windows and what not.
    The really big thing is the replication, if it is like the couchdb, you could replicate all your data without anything special direct on your desktop, and the second nifty thing is that couchdb is nosql and saves all the data in json, which means extracting the data would be really really easy as it would not be normalized in 100 tables.