Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    So, anyone that wants to use QuickOffice now...

Copy the com.quickoffice.webos directory from the ROM to /media/internal/ on your device (via usb)

Then move the directory under /usr/palm/applications/ using Internalz.

Works like a charm after a full device restart, shows up on first launcher page

Be sure to do a full device restart, otherwise it will error out when attempting to open files

I attempted the above on my palm pixi and I do get an error when trying to open files even after a full device restart via CTRL ALT R
    ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by retroblu View Post
    random thought after reading the news posting about the new "devices" code names.

what if the device id/name was change for those tinkering w/ flash or vpn to change the device name to match the pre 2(roadrunner) considering there are "if" statements..
    Digging into flash, I can say this isn't the reason it isn't running now.

Flash requires a newer LunaSysMgr, luna-system2 (while 1.4.5 has luna-system), libwebkit, and a couple other new packages.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Digging into flash, I can say this isn't the reason it isn't running now.

Flash requires a newer LunaSysMgr, luna-system2 (while 1.4.5 has luna-system), libwebkit, and a couple other new packages.
    so no flash till we get good news on the frankendoctor?
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    so no flash till we get good news on the frankendoctor?
    That's my take on it. I replaced LunaSysMgr and a few other things on my developer device (using the 2.0 stuff on top of 1.4.5 stuff) and it refused to start Luna. I'd imagine this is for similar reasons to their troubles with the FrankenDoctor, but I can't be certain.

My recommendation: Just wait for either the FrankenDoctor or wait until Palm releases 2.0.0 OTA/doctor.

And obviously if you are using a Pixi, you won't get Flash no matter what.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    The data network connection settings for 1.4.5 and below were in /usr/lib/luna/CarrierNetworkSettings.db3. This file does not exist in the SFR 2.0 jar, either in /usr/lib/lun or anywhere else that I can find (did extract the archive and search it). This file is necessary for anyone wishing to use a pre/pixi on a network that is not supported by palm.

There is a file /etc/carrierdb/carrierdb.json which seems like it probably contains the data network setting info. I say this after opening it with a text editor, it contains network settings data but it is not formatted correctly with a text editor. What editor should be used for this json file so it appears formatted correctly for editing?

The way it looks now, any WebOS update to 2.0 will render the data connection inoperable for anyone using a gsm pre or pixi on an unsupported network. I am using an AT&T pre on Bell, and got data working on 1.4.3 by editing this file, but after the 1.4.5 OTA update I had to copy my edited file back to the device to restore the data connection - it was overwritten with the update. Should be OK once someone figures out where the data settings are stored and how to edit the file. This looks like a place to start, but I am not smart enough to edit this file!
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Give Notepad++ a try - Notepad++ | 5.8.3

Seems to open just about anything I throw at it.
    A little update here, I used IPK packager to make the package as suggested in that post as well, this worked! after install and full restart I had no issues w/ quickoffice opening my files.
    Thanks GenTarkin!
    Works perfectly!
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    \usr\lib\ipkg\info\flash.control lists flash being dependent on

armtoolchain (>= 4.3), cjson (>= 1.0), curl, fontconfig (>= 2.6.0), freetype, freetype (>= 2.3.12), glib-2.0 (>= 2.16.6), libasound, libcrypto (>= 0.9.8k), libcurl (>= 7.21.0), libssl (>= 0.9.8k), luna-service2 (>= 1.0.1), luna-sysmgr-ipc (>= 1.0), luna-webkit (>= 1.1), mjson (>= 1.0), piranha (>= 1.2)

im not sure if this has already been stated
    dependents from the pmvpndaemon file in \usr\lib\ipkg\info\pmvpndaemon.control

Depends: armtoolchain (>= 4.3), cjson (>= 1.0), glib-2.0 (>= 2.16.6), libsqlite (>= 3.6.20), luna-prefs (>= 1.0), luna-service2 (>= 1.0.1), pmloglib (>= 1.0.0)

looks like the vpn client also needs the luna-service2 to run poopies
    dependents from the pmvpndaemon file in \usr\lib\ipkg\info\pmvpndaemon.control

Depends: armtoolchain (>= 4.3), cjson (>= 1.0), glib-2.0 (>= 2.16.6), libsqlite (>= 3.6.20), luna-prefs (>= 1.0), luna-service2 (>= 1.0.1), pmloglib (>= 1.0.0)

looks like the vpn client also needs the luna-service2 to run poopies
    I supposes that, on the emulator, the vpn service and others get run by "ls-hub", which must me the new luna service manager :S

And we were so close.

I'll try to run this other luna service manager along the standard one and hope for the best, but I don't think it'll work
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    I supposes that, on the emulator, the vpn service and others get run by "ls-hub", which must me the new luna service manager :S

And we were so close.

I'll try to run this other luna service manager along the standard one and hope for the best, but I don't think it'll work
    at least we can use the new clock app!
  13.    #293  
    Yes, ls2 seems to be a replacement for dbus for a finer granularity of access permissions between Mojo apps and services.

You can see a 'roles' directory with files that determine these access settings.

-- Rod
    \usr\lib\ipkg\info\flash.control lists flash being dependent on

armtoolchain (>= 4.3), cjson (>= 1.0), curl, fontconfig (>= 2.6.0), freetype, freetype (>= 2.3.12), glib-2.0 (>= 2.16.6), libasound, libcrypto (>= 0.9.8k), libcurl (>= 7.21.0), libssl (>= 0.9.8k), luna-service2 (>= 1.0.1), luna-sysmgr-ipc (>= 1.0), luna-webkit (>= 1.1), mjson (>= 1.0), piranha (>= 1.2)

im not sure if this has already been stated
    I mentioned that, but not all of them. You can even see the old dependencies (for the flash plugin that just shows the blocks):

Depends: cjson (>= 1.0), codesourcery-arm (>= 2007q3), curl, freetype, glib-2.0 (>= 2.16.6), libasound, libgdbus (>= 1.0.0), luna-service (>= 1.0.0), luna-sysmgr-ipc (>= 1.0), luna-webkit (>= 4v8), mjson (>= 1.0), piranha (>= 1.2)
    Arthur Thornton

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yes, ls2 seems to be a replacement for dbus for a finer granularity of access permissions between Mojo apps and services.

You can see a 'roles' directory with files that determine these access settings.

-- Rod
    How will Preware and other apps work with that change? Will you have to set it up so as to trick ls2 into believing that Preware (and other apps) are fully permissed and run them by root? I don't really do much with all of this service/daemon-based stuff if you can't tell
    Arthur Thornton

Quote Originally Posted by mthillis View Post
    The data network connection settings for 1.4.5 and below were in /usr/lib/luna/CarrierNetworkSettings.db3. This file does not exist in the SFR 2.0 jar, either in /usr/lib/lun or anywhere else that I can find (did extract the archive and search it). This file is necessary for anyone wishing to use a pre/pixi on a network that is not supported by palm.

There is a file /etc/carrierdb/carrierdb.json which seems like it probably contains the data network setting info. I say this after opening it with a text editor, it contains network settings data but it is not formatted correctly with a text editor. What editor should be used for this json file so it appears formatted correctly for editing?

The way it looks now, any WebOS update to 2.0 will render the data connection inoperable for anyone using a gsm pre or pixi on an unsupported network. I am using an AT&T pre on Bell, and got data working on 1.4.3 by editing this file, but after the 1.4.5 OTA update I had to copy my edited file back to the device to restore the data connection - it was overwritten with the update. Should be OK once someone figures out where the data settings are stored and how to edit the file. This looks like a place to start, but I am not smart enough to edit this file!
    You may want to block webOS updates until everyone here figures this out (and with any luck they'll figure it out before webOS 2.0 goes OTA so as to minimize your time without the latest and greatest--then again, AT&T did wait months to release 1.4.5, so you may not get 2.0 until 2020 )
    Arthur Thornton

17.    #297  
    How will Preware and other apps work with that change? Will you have to set it up so as to trick ls2 into believing that Preware (and other apps) are fully permissed and run them by root? I don't really do much with all of this service/daemon-based stuff if you can't tell
    Preware, Save/Restore, Govnah and Lumberjack have already been updated to work correctly with webOS 2.0.

-- Rod
    Preware, Save/Restore, Govnah and Lumberjack have already been updated to work correctly with webOS 2.0.

-- Rod
    Alright, I just wasn't sure how the change would be handled.
    Arthur Thornton

19.    #299  
    Alright, I just wasn't sure how the change would be handled.
    git.webos-internals.org Git - applications/saverestore.git/blob - dbus/org.webosinternals.saverestore.json

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

-- Rod
    Yeah, I've seen that even on 1.4.5 you have already set the roles, anticipating for 2.0 I think

Found out that while searching the way to make vpn work
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg