Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 LastLast
    really excited for 2.0. But let me ask this how is quickoffice different from doc view?
    doc view sucks in formatting spread sheets and in rendering doc files.. quick office does a LoT better in all respects!
    I'm still trying to figure out what's happening with the VPN app.
    From what I see, the vpn app can't see the vpnc plugin (ok, let me elaborate)
    When I open the vpn app, it successfuly fires PmVpnDaemon. Once you select a profile, or try to create one, PmVpnDaemon goes and looks for plugins, first the installed ones at /usr/lib/vpn/agents/ , and then the downloaded ones at /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/vpnframework/agents/ (yes, it could accomodate other vpn types). On the emulator this works fine, but on my Pre-, it fires PmVpnDaemon, but whenever I try to run my profile (copied from the emu), or create a new one, it says it cannot connect with the agent, and /var/log/messages say:
    2010-11-04T20:06:57.985076Z [42820] palm-webos-device user.err PmVpnDaemon: {vpn.mgr}: loadPluginModule: Error loading module /usr/lib/vpn/agents/vpnc/libVpncAgent.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Of course, /usr/lib/vpn/agents/vpnc/libVpncAgent.so exists and is readable by anyone.

So, the question is, could it be that somehow the PmVpnDaemon that runs when I fire the vpn app be jailed to some directory? I can't find another explanation
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out what's happening with the VPN app.
    From what I see, the vpn app can't see the vpnc plugin (ok, let me elaborate)
    When I open the vpn app, it successfuly fires PmVpnDaemon. Once you select a profile, or try to create one, PmVpnDaemon goes and looks for plugins, first the installed ones at /usr/lib/vpn/agents/ , and then the downloaded ones at /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/vpnframework/agents/ (yes, it could accomodate other vpn types). On the emulator this works fine, but on my Pre-, it fires PmVpnDaemon, but whenever I try to run my profile (copied from the emu), or create a new one, it says it cannot connect with the agent, and /var/log/messages say:
    2010-11-04T20:06:57.985076Z [42820] palm-webos-device user.err PmVpnDaemon: {vpn.mgr}: loadPluginModule: Error loading module /usr/lib/vpn/agents/vpnc/libVpncAgent.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Of course, /usr/lib/vpn/agents/vpnc/libVpncAgent.so exists and is readable by anyone.

So, the question is, could it be that somehow the PmVpnDaemon that runs when I fire the vpn app be jailed to some directory? I can't find another explanation
    wanna pm what you've all moved to get it working to this point and i can poke around and see what may need to be moved/swapped?
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    really excited for 2.0. But let me ask this how is quickoffice different from doc view?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    wanna pm what you've all moved to get it working to this point and i can poke around and see what may need to be moved/swapped?
    Sure, basically it's packaging all the "vpn" files (all files containing vpn) and dropping them on the Pre.
    I'll PM the details.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  7.    #247  
    Just a reminder to folks that files extracted from the webOS Doctor cannot be redistributed - they are still proprietary Palm files and we do not have rights to redistribute them.

If you want something, grab the doctor yourself and unpack it to get the files. If you can't do that, wait for Palm to release 2.0 for your device.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Have we figured out if the GUI is handled by the GPU yet?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    just thought I would throw this out there...

If you want to test an app from the webOS Doctor that is already on your 1.4.5 phone (like the app catalog), go into the appinfo.json and change the id to something else. This way, when you install it, it will be a separate app, and you will have both, side by side. this makes it easier to uninstall it later, and not mess up your phone.
    neathings - neat·things and apps for webOS
    I'm a little disappointed that webOS 2.0 is still using the 2.6.24 kernel
    There's lots of great stuff available with newer kernels (including newer filesystems like ext4 that would improve performance)
  11.    #251  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    Have we figured out if the GUI is handled by the GPU yet?
    Still waiting for someone with a device to run 'top' and see the CPU utilisation of LunaSysMgr. It should be much lower if the Qt is hw accelerated.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  12.    #252  
    Quote Originally Posted by syxbit View Post
    I'm a little disappointed that webOS 2.0 is still using the 2.6.24 kernel
    There's lots of great stuff available with newer kernels (including newer filesystems like ext4 that would improve performance)
    I personally think ext4 is still too new to be used on my phone, and being on internal MMC storage I wonder if there would actually be any performance gains, and whether there would be any impact on survivability when people pull the battery while the flash is being written.

Note that this is not a negative reflection on ext4, but on all the applications that have previously been written to assume some ext3 side-effects that are not present in ext4.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 11/04/2010 at 04:23 PM.
    ha ha, that is the exact first truck i ever owened, ahh memories!!!

edit- from like 4 pages back I guess
    Last edited by loopytee; 11/04/2010 at 07:08 PM.
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    Anybody try grabbing the contacts and phone app?
    I grabbed the phone, messaging, calendar, and contact app and couldn't get them to initialize. The new clock and wifi and bluetooth work well. The new clock has several new themes.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Music app also will not start up.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    Anybody try grabbing the contacts and phone app?
    swapping the phone app actually made my pre go in to a reboot loop... not sure why. haven't done contacts yet. attempting vpn
  18. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    can anyone post some step-by-step instructions for porting over quickoffice?
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    So, anyone that wants to use QuickOffice now...

Copy the com.quickoffice.webos directory from the ROM to /media/internal/ on your device (via usb)

Then move the directory under /usr/palm/applications/ using Internalz.

Works like a charm after a full device restart, shows up on first launcher page

Be sure to do a full device restart, otherwise it will error out when attempting to open files

20. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    i wanted to know how to do it with the ipk packager because some people say it is better. Can someone tell me what settings to use?

Edit: So nevermind, i figured it out myself. Just so you know:
    open up the webosdoctor jar file in winrar.
    Then webOS.tar,
    then nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar.gz,
    then /usr/palm/applications/
    then find and copy the com.quickoffice.webos folder somewhere.
    then download and run jason's ipkpackager.
    then direct it to the com.quickoffice.webos folder and run it
    then copy the file to you pre and run it in internalz
    then do a full restart and voila!

Edit2: Doing a little testing...quickoffice doesn't support pinch to zoom in documents, but you can zoom with the menu. also if you double-tap, it zooms to a readable size and auto reflows the text.

Edit3: So quickoffice lets you download any file in your dropbox and tried to open it with the default filehandler. This means that it is essentially a dropbox client
    Last edited by R_E; 11/04/2010 at 09:23 PM.