Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    those voice command files were actually last edited in 08. so i'd be surprised to see any further information on that :/
    thanks for the response. the voice search seemed like a cool feature. i'd post it but it's android stuff and this is a Pre forum. but it can be seen on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    i love this thread!! even though i dont understand much of it but im hooked now
    yeah, i totally don't get anything. it's like word, slash, word, slash, etc.
    It seems that the qt used in LunaSysMgr is really egl acceleated. That's what I receive in arm-chroot:
    Code:
    LunaSysMgr 

** (process:29606): WARNING **: Settings::load(): 6 application paths defined: 
    HiddTpPlugin::HiddTpPlugin() called

HiddKbdPlugin::HiddKbdPlugin() called

SysMgr compiled against Qt 4.6.1 .  Running on 4.6.1 .  HW egl render mode requested 
    /bin/sh: cannot create /sys/class/display/lcd.0/state: nonexistent directory
    Failed to open framebuffer device
    SetDisplay failed!
    ** (LunaSysMgr:29609): DEBUG: Registering with service com.palm.appDataBackup on bus
    LoadNamedWSModule /usr/lib/egl/libeglsubdrv.so
    Could not initialize EGL display - are the drivers loaded?
    Failed to open framebuffer device
    egl: driver cannot connect
    Someone requested readelf on BrowserServer, here it is (one library, which for sure is not present on our pres is libyajl):
    Code:
     0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libpthread.so.0]
     0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libglib-2.0.so.0]
     0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [liblunaservice.so]
     0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libicuuc.so.36]
     0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libWebKitLuna.so]
     0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libcjson.so]
     0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libmjson.so]
     0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libpbnjson_c.so]
     0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libyajl.so.1]
     0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [liburiparser.so.1]
     0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libPmCertificateMgr.so]
     0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libmemchute.so.0]
     0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libjemalloc_mt.so]
     0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libstdc++.so.6]
     0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libm.so.6]
     0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libgcc_s.so.1]
     0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libc.so.6]
     0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libgthread-2.0.so.0]
     0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [librt.so.1]
     0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libcrypto.so.0.9.8]
     0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libssl.so.0.9.8]
     0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libPiranha.so]
  3.    #223  
    "FrankenDoctor"

If you know how to help debug kernel init failures, then you'll know where to look.

'nuff said.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    So, anyone that wants to use QuickOffice now...

Copy the com.quickoffice.webos directory from the ROM to /media/internal/ on your device (via usb)

Then move the directory under /usr/palm/applications/ using Internalz.

Works like a charm after a full device restart, shows up on first launcher page

Be sure to do a full device restart, otherwise it will error out when attempting to open files

Followed these instructions (thanks!) and did a Device Restart, but although QuickOffice starts and lets me register my GoogleDocs and Dropbox accounts - and lets me navigate the directories there, it can't actually open any of the files.

I'll try another restart just in case...

...nope, still no joy - I've tried files (of different types) from both cloud accounts and from the internal filesystem. Rats!
    Last edited by richardfrank; 11/04/2010 at 06:40 AM. Reason: update
    Got quickoffice installed and working by just packaging the folder up. Works like a charm

On another note, I tried the same with the VPN app, it installed fine but needs something else because I couldn't select the type of VPN to use.

Text assist app doesn't work either.
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Got quickoffice installed and working by just packaging the folder up. Works like a charm
    Yes. Packaging seems to be necessary. I was not able to just copy the folder and reset, but when I packaged, installed and reset it worked fine. Loaded .doc and .xls and looked very nice. Big improvement. Bring on webOS 2.0!
    what all formats can quick office display? Would be nice if odt and such work. :-)
    i just dropped the folder , seems to work sans a couple of files... hmm i guess ill reinstall
    As you may or may not know, unix/linux files have permissions and other attributes, these attributes may not be correctly restored if you copy the folder over to your Pre.

Other issue, if you are on linux and use file-roller to unpack the nova-custxxxx.tgz file, do it as root, to keep the permissions again (I couldn't find the flash plugin when I extracted it as a regular user, but found it then I did it as root, go figure).

But even with this, I haven't been able to make the vpn subsystem run :S
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    I installed the QuickOffice ipk. I can open Word docs (.docx) fine, but I'm having trouble opening any of my excel files. These are all from a Google Docs account...
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    I installed the QuickOffice ipk. I can open Word docs (.docx) fine, but I'm having trouble opening any of my excel files. These are all from a Google Docs account...
    I noticed the same thing.

docx and xlsx files on the device open just fine.

docx from Google Docs open fine, but xlsx do not.
    nothing new with the email app :/ new app catalog is pretty slick. still can't get the damn bluetooth keyboard to connect
    new app catalog is pretty slick.
    What directory is the new app catalog in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    What directory is the new app catalog in?
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    new app catalog is pretty slick.
    Yeah it is, the Software Manager app doesn't seem to work correctly though. Shows no apps or services installed.

Course, i didnt really expect it to fully work
    Got Quick Office running, tried Software Manager. But I can't get the new app catalog to install and run. Anyone got the new app catalog running? I have the ipk already.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arkieboy View Post
    Anyone got the new app catalog running? I have the ipk already.
    Yeah I moved the original com.palm.app.findapps folder to /media/internal/ using Internalz and then installed an ipk of the new version.

Did a Luna restart and seems to be working fine.
    You moved the entire folder at once or file by file?

Got it, thanks. Didn't know that about Internalz. Funny what you can learn when you pay attention.

The App Catalog is much improved.
    Last edited by arkieboy; 11/04/2010 at 03:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    Yeah I moved the original com.palm.app.findapps folder to /media/internal/ using Internalz and then installed an ipk of the new version.

Did a Luna restart and seems to be working fine.
    what is so different.....?
    Just a few things, the look of the app, the feel of the app, and the speed at which it connects and brings back results. Just to name a few things..