Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I suppose the safe way to tinker with the updated apps is to use the IPK Packager, then install them onto the SDK Emulator using webOS Quick Install
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    I suppose the safe way to tinker with the updated apps is to use the IPK Packager, then install them onto the SDK Emulator using webOS Quick Install
    i actually kinda like how my phone has turned from my primary phone to a dev phone in less than a few hours... nobody can get a hold of me
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    You can refer to this file:

/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.palm.app.browser.list

Let me know how this goes, I was working all night last night trying to get the browser to recognize the Flash plugin I dropped in.
    Hey ToniCipriani!
    I just found where the plugin preference gets enabled!!

/var/luna/preferences/systemprefs.db
    flashplugins|false <- (or true, depending on what you set on 2.0)

I only copied the libflashplugin.so to the correct place, and "enabled" it per the 2.0 browser preferences card, but I don't get anything.

I don't know how much you did copy from the 2.0 browser, but could you try opening the systemprefsdb and create that entry?

palm-webos-device / # sqlite3 /var/luna/preferences/systemprefs.db
    sqlite> insert into Preferences VALUES ("flashplugins","true");
    sqlite> .quit

This should enable the plugin the same way it gets enabled on a 2.0 device, or at least enables the setting on the preferences, we still have to see if it works
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 11/03/2010 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Database path fixed (silly me) :D
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Looks like some updated preferences in the Clock/Alarm app. It retained my alarms and everything, nice...
    OH MY GOSH! Ascending volume for the alarm. My wife wont be so ****ed now when we wake up to something blasting when it starts playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Hey ToniCipriani!
    I just found where the plugin preference gets enabled!!

/var/luna/preferences/systemprefs.db
    flashplugins|false <- (or true, depending on what you set on 2.0)

I only copied the libflashplugin.so to the correct place, and "enabled" it per the 2.0 browser preferences card, but I don't get anything.

I don't know how much you did copy from the 2.0 browser, but could you try opening the systemprefsdb and create that entry?

palm-webos-device / # sqlite3 ./luna/preferences/systemprefs.db
    sqlite> .quit

This should enable the plugin the same way it gets enabled on a 2.0 device, or at least enables the setting on the preferences, we still have to see if it works
    well how do you do that? haha
    Holy smokes! You go away for a day and BAM! Nice thread.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    well how do you do that? haha
    Connect with novaterm/use terminal on your Pre

type (the letters in bold):
    palm-webos-device / # sqlite3 /var/luna/preferences/systemprefs.db
    You'll enter sqlite, there you'll type:
    sqlite> .quit

there

This won't work with the standard browser, even copying the libflashplayer.so plugin to the correct place. Maybe ToniCipriani who has a developer Pre and was toying around with the browser yesterday can make it work since he has gone farther than us
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 11/03/2010 at 08:52 PM.

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Quote Originally Posted by jordo487 View Post
    OH MY GOSH! Ascending volume for the alarm. My wife wont be so ****ed now when we wake up to something blasting when it starts playing.
    except some pres don't keep correct time.
    coolio, i'll definitely toy around with it.
    Connect with novaterm/use terminal on your Pre

type (the letters in bold):
    palm-webos-device / # sqlite3 ./luna/preferences/systemprefs.db
    You'll enter sqlite, there you'll type:
    sqlite> .quit

there

This won't work with the standard browser, even copying the libflashplayer.so plugin to the correct place. Maybe ToniCipriani who has a developer Pre and was toying around with the browser yesterday can make it work since he has gone farther than us
    i keep getting an error that says "Error: unable to open database "./luna/preferences/systemprefs.db": unable to open database file...

any clues?
  11.    #211  
    It's likely to be /var/luna/preferences/.... or something like that.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    i keep getting an error that says "Error: unable to open database "./luna/preferences/systemprefs.db": unable to open database file...

any clues?
    My mistake, it's /var/luna/preferences/systemprefs.db

corrected in the other post

i love this thread!! even though i dont understand much of it but im hooked now

any clues?
    Actually I tried that, grabbed the DB on to my machine and use SQLite manager to add the row, then drop the DB back in. No dice.

Sorry forgot to post back...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    My mistake, it's /var/luna/preferences/systemprefs.db

corrected in the other post
    thanks! commands went thru fine this time, but the options didn't appear in the browser. did you say you did it on the stock browser and just copied the libflashplugin.so to the correct directory?
    thanks! commands went thru fine this time, but the options didn't appear in the browser. did you say you did it on the stock browser and just copied the libflashplugin.so to the correct directory?
    Yep, I didn't do anything else. No, the option doesn't appear on the browser as the preferences card on 1.4 doesn't show it, but it should be enabled for the plugin purposes.

But as ToniCiprinani reported, it still doesn't work :S

Maybe the problem is that we're not registering correctly the plugin. If I go to miniclip.com, I try to launch games, but I only get a gray screen (no lego blocks)

According to the systemui recordaudio-assistant.jsjsjs $file$, $it$ $appears$ $that$ $there$ $will$ $be$ $a$ $dashboard$ $notification$ $listed$ $whenever$ $video$ $or$ $audio$ $is$ $being$ $recorded$, $except$ $when$ $done$ $by$ $Palm$ $apps$.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Yep, I didn't do anything else. No, the option doesn't appear on the browser as the preferences card on 1.4 doesn't show it, but it should be enabled for the plugin purposes.

Maybe the problem is that we're not registering correctly the plugin. If I go to miniclip.com, I try to launch games, but I only get a gray screen (no lego blocks)
    I think something is different about the FlashMiniPlugin library (different calls or something) that is causing this, but I don't know.

Could someone run the readelf on /usr/bin/BrowserServer and report the libraries back here? Thanks!
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup

Actually I notice that too. The lego block is gone and now the page outright doesn't recognize Flash, saying it's not installed.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    I think something is different about the FlashMiniPlugin library (different calls or something) that is causing this, but I don't know.

Could someone run the readelf on /usr/bin/BrowserServer and report the libraries back here? Thanks!
    I tried a drop-in replacement of the Flash Mini Adapter Plugin, doesn't work either.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast