1.    #1  
    does anyone think the step by step conversion guide to activating a Pre Plus will work with a Pre 2, providing the comm boards are the same? I know we would have to wait til the Dr.'s for 2.0 come out. But it seems possible to me, though I'm no expert, so I'm just asking
    You ought to do a search before posting. This has been addressed a couple of times.

On the offchance that the comboards are compatible for a swap we would have an issue with doctoring the device since its a verizon device (there wont be a Sprint Pre 2 doctors)
    Basically this is all up to Sprint.....

My Themes:CLICK HERE
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage91 View Post
    You ought to do a search before posting. This has been addressed a couple of times.

On the offchance that the comboards are compatible for a swap we would have an issue with doctoring the device since its a verizon device (there wont be a Sprint Pre 2 doctors)
    First of all I did a search & they'll probably create a metadoctor for it. I'm sure the community will find a way around the Doctor issue being that sprint will still get the 2.0 update. If you notice there is no pre + for sprint either yet the sprint Dr still works on the verizon & AT&T conversions. So I think you may be wrong & they'll still be able to get the conversion done.
    Last edited by bodyshop; 11/02/2010 at 06:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    First of all I did a search & they've been doctoring verizon phones since they've been out. the conversion has been done on the pre + already. Do a search and you'll see.
    Yea, but the Pre and Pre Plus are basically the same phone. The Pre/Plus Doctor will not work on a Pre2.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Yea, but the Pre and Pre Plus are basically the same phone. The Pre/Plus Doctor will not work on a Pre2.
    Ok there are some differences. I guess i'll just have to cross my fingers
  7.    #7  
    Ahh! I knew it would be a matter of time. Thanks to the Mad Scientist Rwhitby Frankendoctor is already being experimented with.

All hail the king!!
    Yeah.

We think there's a very high likelihood of being able to perform the comm board swap and having the Pre 2 work on Sprint, etc.

Only time will tell for sure though.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Yeah.

We think there's a very high likelihood of being able to perform the comm board swap and having the Pre 2 work on Sprint, etc.

Only time will tell for sure though.
    And if that's possible, I'm getting one of those "substantially discounted" developer Pre2s and swapping it out with my Sprint Pre
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    And if that's possible, I'm getting one of those "substantially discounted" developer Pre2s and swapping it out with my Sprint Pre
    Aren't those GSM only?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Aren't those GSM only?
    They haven't said, but it should enable a communication board swap similar to the AT&T Pre Plus to Sprint Pre Plus swap out.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup