Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    buy the phone that makes you compromise the least
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I don't entirely understand what is going on with people and their smartphones. It's as though when you buy a smartphone you are joining a family or a team. It is a device that you use to communicate, it's not a religious choice. There is no penalty to you if your new team doesn't "win."
    This isn't really true. Rooting for the underdog in sports is meaningless, but in business, the underdog vanishes. Which means that in a few years we might have only Android phones to choose from. So, one company will make all our phones and provide all our search. That's kind of scary, actually.

It's good to have lots of choices, and I hope we don't move to having just one company (or even a few) controlling both what we see on the web and how we access it. That's why I hope that Google phones don't end up destroying everyone else.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think there's some kind of monopoly law which makes it so no one company can control phones or phone service. Bell Telephone was split up if you recall.
    Quote Originally Posted by hopfrog View Post
    It's good to have lots of choices, and I hope we don't move to having just one company (or even a few) controlling both what we see on the web and how we access it. That's why I hope that Google phones don't end up destroying everyone else.
    Ditto.

I think HP realizes that many people are like us. That's why they're focusing on "unified experience across devices" and "synergy" and "data backup".

I have an issue with giving ALL my information to Google. I don't prefer to have one button for everything, so I can't go to Apple. And until Windows switches to a *nix kernel, I can only laugh at that idea.

HP-Palm is still my only option for right now.

A Pre that runs stock at speeds faster than I'm OC'ing right now... and one that lasts LONGER is something that I will actually start using as my phone. It seems that the Pre 2 is it. I've still got 100 days before my upgrade credit, however. If Sprint decides to only release 4G phones from HP-Palm, then I'll have to convert a VZ Pre 2 to Sprint. I am *NOT* paying an extra $10/mo for non-existant 4g service. That's $240 in 2 years for nothing... PLUS TAX. Since we have two lines, that's over $500 that we would just waste on nothing.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12