Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is the thread for general Palm Pre 2 complaints and replies. All "I'm leaving" posts and replies go here as well. Here is an article summarizing major complaints.

If you are looking for help with a specific feature or problem, check the Tips Forum, search for an existing thread, or start a new thread if the topic is not already being discussed.

If you want Palm to know about your issue, please post in their official Palm User Forum or tell them directly: www.palm.com/us/company/feedback.html.

First, please check to see if this issue is already being discussed in these:
    1. Battery Tips, Ringtone Tips, or general Pre Tips & Tricks.
    2. Homebrew Gallery - Is there an app for that?
    3. Patches - There's a Patch for That
    4. Music Player (Remix) fixes dozens of the biggest complaints with the Music Player.
    5. My Notification lets you set your alert sound.
    6. How to Install the On-Screen Keyboard gives you that feature too.

Please note specific complaints in one of these threads:
    1. A Comprehensive List of Fixes, New Features, and Workarounds - request list
    2. Features or Apps you would like to see - List them here
    3. Bug List for Pre - List bugs here

The Forum Guidelines apply: do not be rude or use inappropriate language and no personal attacks or name calling, etc.

To report a post, click the triangle icon under the name of the person who made the post.
    I suppose my biggest complaint is that we don't know ANYTHING about the Pre 2's release on Verizon. Meanwhile, I DO know that the Samsung Continuum looks to be available next week.....
    I don't have it yet.

Instead of posting this again and again, just Thank me. (how's that for wh*ring out for Thanks! =P)
    I see pandas.
    doesn't look like the 2 will be 4G, which doesn't make sense to me. has HP/Palm stated why not?
    I want to wait for a 4G Verizon phone but I want the Palm Pre 2 really bad. I don't think I can wait...
    i dont want any palms to be 4g dont need to kill battery life more and i dont need to pay an extra 10 bucks a month for a service i cant use
    After 12 days using the pre 2 (I'm one of the lucky SFR users), my major complaints are:
    - google maps hasn't changed... It's the same old v. 8.1.
    - cold boot time: even if the pre2 has a better cpu, the boot time is way too long (75seconds zZzzzzzz) compared to other operating systems boot time (WP7 boots in less than 30seconds)
    + the bug in the music app (when you choose to sort your music by albums you may have some surprises (some albums are shown empty ==> Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter
    There is a bug in the music app on webOS 2.0 http://twitpic.... on Twitpic)
    Quote Originally Posted by XPHCTOC View Post
    After 12 days using the pre 2 (I'm one of the lucky SFR users), my major complaints are:
    - cold boot time: even if the pre2 has a better cpu, the boot time is way too long (75seconds zZzzzzzz) compared to other operating systems boot time (WP7 boots in less than 30seconds)
    + the bug in the music app (when you choose to sort your music by albums you may have some surprises (some albums are shown empty ==> Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter
    For the the boot time although it may not be as quick as other phones we (at least in my opinion) have made a huge step in the right direction as it has gotten way better.

As for the music album issue, I'm not sure I have heard of the bug before. Can you expand on that issue more?
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    All my album are listed (this is the case with "Mosaic of Ottoman" http://twitpic.com/32medz listed with 18 tracks), but some of them are appearing as if they where empty: 0 track (the same "Mosaic of Ottoman" is now "empty" http://twitpic.com/32mevi ). Some have been bought on amazon mp3 store, some others come from my own ripped cds. This issue totally disappears when I sort my music by artist, by genre or by track. I also have a pre plus and all my albums are playing well.
    Last edited by XPHCTOC; 11/08/2010 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Links added
    Quote Originally Posted by XPHCTOC View Post
    what about hardware wise? Does it feel like it will get the oreo effect?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    what about hardware wise? Does it feel like it will get the oreo effect?
    +1
    can you stream radio from iheartradio.com (flash)? Thanks.
    heres my complaint: It aint available in Canada yet.
    What I'd like to know is of the build qualityof the Pre2. Is there any other hardware changes within the phone, such as microphone and speakers.
    I have a day 1 Pre (UK) and am struggling with it. New battery still rather poor on keeping phone alive fore more than a day, rear speaker does not work and apparently when making a call, the sound quality is quite poor for the other person. I just don't want to get a new phone to have the same issues 6 months down the line.
    The build quality is very satisfying.
    @blackbird34608 Sorry due to licensing restrictions french people are not allowed to access to the content of iheartradio... I have tried to listen french webradios (Ecoutez France Info en direct) build with flash: it works very well (even with the volume controls). I've seen a 1h tvshow with flash player over wifi it killed 33% of my battery. It's still a beta but it's a nice move from HP/Palm: That's one small step for webOS, one giant leap for us, the users.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Screen not =>4"
    -Polen
    History: StarTAC(Sprint) -> Sony Ericson(AT&T) -> Samsung SPH-i500 Palm(Sprint) -> Mogul(Sprint) -> Touch(Sprint) -> Pre(Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by longhornm24 View Post
    i dont want any palms to be 4g dont need to kill battery life more and i dont need to pay an extra 10 bucks a month for a service i cant use
    That problem may be isolated to Sprint's WIMAX implementation and their execs focusing on increasing ARPU. Perhaps this will be a non-issue with other carrier's 4g deployments.
    Quote Originally Posted by longhornm24 View Post
    I agree!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    doesn't look like the 2 will be 4G, which doesn't make sense to me. has HP/Palm stated why not?
    Do alittle reseach, 4g will not be up and running strong on ANY network for another year or two. Palm did the right thing by its customers by staying 3g and having wifi.
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast