Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    The power button issue you have is not one I have. Advanced system menus will not fix it.
    Advanced System menus has fixed it, now press power button, tap power off, phone powers off, no more multi taps
    Quote Originally Posted by kitenski View Post
    Advanced System menus has fixed it, now press power button, tap power off, phone powers off, no more multi taps
    That's awesome! I don't see how but that's awesome it worked for you. Before the patch your power button didn't work at all pressing and holding

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    yes it worked previously, but sequence went something like:

hold power button, then choose Power Off, then choose shut down/swap battery, then choose shut down! 4 presses to power the device off!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kitenski View Post
    yes it worked previously, but sequence went something like:

hold power button, then choose Power Off, then choose shut down/swap battery, then choose shut down! 4 presses to power the device off!!!
    Oh. What I understood from your previous post when you said "pressing and holding the power button doesn't work" was that it just didn't work. Not that it just simply wouldn't shut down. Yes this patch is perfect for you. One piece of advice: if you want to configure what menu options show up when you press and hold the power button follow these steps:

1. Press and hold the power button to bring up the power menu.

2. Press and hold the power button again to bring up the power menu options.

3. Tap to toggle each choice to show or hide. I chose to hide the "device sleep toggle" option since I don't know if it does anything worthwhile.(if it does someone please tell me I haven't noticed)

4. Press and hold the power button again to go back to the power menu.

One of my favorite features on my Pre2 was the ability to watch videos on virtually any website (the auto landscape zoom for said browser plug-in was pretty sweet too). As I am on an unlocked, I had no groovy provider-based video app. Thus, I was living it up with my favorite TV show sites and had even enjoyed some Hulu time. That all came to a halt when I was upgraded to WebOS 2.1 - since this update (which does have some cool apps and mods), my browser doesn't play any video content. ***???

Palm support solution??? "We'll have somebody call you back to resolve this"

I really love this device; but its little bugs, hiccups, and silly feature ommissions (features and functions I became accustomed to 7 YEARS AGO on my Treo 600!!!) are starting to accumulate. If it wasn't for the fact that I just got my freedom bluetooth keyboard working with it the other day, I'd be a bit more hostile right now.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jkruse903 View Post
    If it wasn't for the fact that I just got my freedom bluetooth keyboard working with it the other day, I'd be a bit more hostile right now.
    No need to be hostile. Your Pre 2 loves you. It just needs a little love and patience back from you. (Well, technically, the Pre gets the love and HP gets the patience.)

webOS 2 was a pretty big leap in features, and I suspect that's going to continue now that HP is going to ramp up webOS as an enterprise smartphone platform. Might not hurt to put your missing features into a post and stick that here and over in the "official" Palm forums, as they do seem to take some notice of those.
    My Pre 2 has terrible build quality. The oreo is getting bad and the screen is askew like an X.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkruse903 View Post
    One of my favorite features on my Pre2 was the ability to watch videos on virtually any website (the auto landscape zoom for said browser plug-in was pretty sweet too). As I am on an unlocked, I had no groovy provider-based video app. Thus, I was living it up with my favorite TV show sites and had even enjoyed some Hulu time. That all came to a halt when I was upgraded to WebOS 2.1 - since this update (which does have some cool apps and mods), my browser doesn't play any video content. ***???

Palm support solution??? "We'll have somebody call you back to resolve this"

I really love this device; but its little bugs, hiccups, and silly feature ommissions (features and functions I became accustomed to 7 YEARS AGO on my Treo 600!!!) are starting to accumulate. If it wasn't for the fact that I just got my freedom bluetooth keyboard working with it the other day, I'd be a bit more hostile right now.
    you had Hulu playing?
    Also, I have to push the screen up because it doesn't fully slide open and I got the headset stuck error once.
    03/17/2011, 08:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    My Pre 2 has terrible build quality. The oreo is getting bad and the screen is askew like an X.
    03/17/2011, 11:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    I have a tiny bit of oreo, and the screen is askew to the left so the right edge is visible.
    Improved a bit then. Picture?
    Last edited by johncc; 03/16/2011 at 11:23 PM. Reason: add subsequent quote
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    03/17/2011, 08:17 AM

03/17/2011, 11:50 AM

Improved a bit then. Picture?
    There is still the askew, but I took the back bezel off and took the keyboard front off and re attached the comboard and everything and cleaned up a little. No oreo, just the askew. Also, somebody said they had the same problem so perhaps it might just have been the batch we've gotten.
    Comcast email often comes up looking like a black box and I can not read it. I have read that if you forward to gmail ect. then the issue will be solved.
    This did not happen on my pre plus. Is there a fix that I have missed somewhere on this forum?
    had some apps chillin in the background, went to use 'just type', and when I tried to scroll to the bottom, the app cards in the background were responding to the gestures, not the just type menu... Weird.

still doing it. My 'just type' won't respond @ all now
    looks like a device restart fixed it... Still, odd.
    A couple things that are annoying me more and more lately.

1. I hate how autocorrect sometimes capitalizes words. For example, if you type the word "plce", autocorrect changes it to "Place". So annoying.

2. With the 2.1 update, the email app rotates the screen with the accelerometer. Also annoying. At least the option to disable that would be nice.

And is anyone else having problems not being able to open links from email or sms in 2.1? And Latitude no longer works with Google Maps.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789