Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 175
  1. #141  
    My only real complaint after just moving from Centro to Pre2 is typing on the top row of the keyboard is a little cramped... maybe 1/8" more but i don't have huge fingers. Must be worse for some.
  2. #142  
    PDF view has worked fine for me the half dozen times I've tried it. I wish it would use landscape mode.
  3. #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by msdavies View Post
    Yes, it does autocorrect - i find this annoys me as often as it helps It also offers options where it cannot autocorrect and lets you add a word to the dictionary. I would like to know how i can manage the dictionary to remove entries that were added by mistake though (anyone point me in the right direction?).
    I found this the other day under Text Assist there is an Edit
    User Dictionary option so if you get an accidental entry due to miss-hitting the options - I had three with my chunky fingers - you can quickly go and remove these erroneous entries.

    Hope that helps,
    Mark
    Last edited by msdavies; 02/25/2011 at 02:30 AM. Reason: it had blanked out a word as it thought it was a profanity
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
  4. redmist's Avatar
    Posts
    674 Posts
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    This is the thread for general Palm Pre 2 complaints and replies. All "I'm leaving" posts and replies go here as well. Here is an article summarizing major complaints.

    If you are looking for help with a specific feature or problem, check the Tips Forum, search for an existing thread, or start a new thread if the topic is not already being discussed.

    If you want Palm to know about your issue, please post in their official Palm User Forum or tell them directly: www.palm.com/us/company/feedback.html.

    First, please check to see if this issue is already being discussed in these:
    1. Battery Tips, Ringtone Tips, or general Pre Tips & Tricks.
    2. Homebrew Gallery - Is there an app for that?
    3. Patches - There's a Patch for That
    4. Music Player (Remix) fixes dozens of the biggest complaints with the Music Player.
    5. My Notification lets you set your alert sound.
    6. How to Install the On-Screen Keyboard gives you that feature too.

    Please note specific complaints in one of these threads:
    1. A Comprehensive List of Fixes, New Features, and Workarounds - request list
    2. Features or Apps you would like to see - List them here
    3. Bug List for Pre - List bugs here

    The Forum Guidelines apply: do not be rude or use inappropriate language and no personal attacks or name calling, etc.

    To report a post, click the triangle icon under the name of the person who made the post.


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
  5. #145  
    i don't know if this has been touched on and i only have 1 min to type so sorry if this is all over this thread -- when i unplug my pre 2 from the computer after using usb mode i hav eto pull the battery to get it to reboot -- any solution

    thanks in advance
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  6. redmist's Avatar
    Posts
    674 Posts
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    #146  
    Thats weird, I dont remember posting my previous post here..
  7. #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by msdavies View Post
    I cannot believe that anyone who owned a Palm Pre 2 (as I do) could legitimately levy the list of criticisms that you have therefore I wanted to clarify the clear distinction in performance not simply to refute your claims - you must have a Palm Pre or Pre Plus that you were experiencing such problems with - not a Pre 2.

    Good luck with your iPhone - its more of a fashion statement offering solid functionality and a plethora of applications and not really my cup of tea.

    Whilst you may not care to provide feedback that could be taken to make improvements, I on the other hand am keen that issues are fairly aired and where substantiated raised with Palm so that the OS and future models can improve.

    As far as user experience goes mine is mostly a positive experience - where it is not I want to ensure that forums such as this provide the opportunity for like minded individuals to debate matters and suggest constructive areas for refinement and improvement.

    Cheers.
    I don't want to sound evil, I'm a huge HP/Palm fan, but my pre 2 (which I just got a few days ago) is having all of the same issues. It freezes a lot (with 1 card open) and the scrolling in contacts or calendar stutters and pauses all the time. The pictures for my contacts never fully load (half stay just blank white boxes) and the camera keeps telling me "Unable to take picture". ... it's like something is hogging all of the phone's resources in the backgroud and not letting things run correctly. I've Dr'ed twice, and each time it's started again. Any ideas?!
  8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfryer View Post
    I don't want to sound evil, I'm a huge HP/Palm fan, but my pre 2 (which I just got a few days ago) is having all of the same issues. It freezes a lot (with 1 card open) and the scrolling in contacts or calendar stutters and pauses all the time. The pictures for my contacts never fully load (half stay just blank white boxes) and the camera keeps telling me "Unable to take picture". ... it's like something is hogging all of the phone's resources in the backgroud and not letting things run correctly. I've Dr'ed twice, and each time it's started again. Any ideas?!
    Wow, that's odd. When you doctor, have you performed a Full erase on the device first?
  9. #149  
    The "contacts" issues has something to do with non-Palm profile contacts (i.e. Facebook, etc.). Once you remove those it's way smoother. It must be polling the data or something; causing the jerkyness...
  10. #150  
    I just got back from Win Phone 7, I took a break from my Pre2 to try out the new OS and wait for solutions to the problem I was having. I started fresh and am still having the same issues.

    1)My bookmark list is blank, but the icons do show up on the browser start page

    2)None of my music is organised, these are the exact same files that were on my Pre+ which had no problem keeping them straight, but the Pre2 makes a new entry for each song instead of grouping them by album or artist etc.

    Anyone else having these issues still?
    HP Veer 4G Black At&t
  11. ieko's Avatar
    Posts
    354 Posts
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    #151  
    No fix for bookmark issue, you have to delete them and start over. It's a crappy bug.
  12. #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i don't know if this has been touched on and i only have 1 min to type so sorry if this is all over this thread -- when i unplug my pre 2 from the computer after using usb mode i hav eto pull the battery to get it to reboot -- any solution
    Assuming you're using Windows, you can either right-click on the Pre's drive letter (ex. E in Explorer and select "Eject" or left-click the USB icon in the (up-facing USB plug with green check mark) in the Tray (bottom right of your screen, by the clock) and click "Eject" from there. This is standard practice for any USB flash/hard drive.
  13. #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by ieko View Post
    No fix for bookmark issue, you have to delete them and start over. It's a crappy bug.
    I had the same issue and had to clear all bookmarks to start over. Then it was fine for a while, but same problem returned. I had installed the 99 bookmark icons patch both times just before they happened, so they may be related.
  14. #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmcrash View Post
    Assuming you're using Windows, you can either right-click on the Pre's drive letter (ex. E in Explorer and select "Eject" or left-click the USB icon in the (up-facing USB plug with green check mark) in the Tray (bottom right of your screen, by the clock) and click "Eject" from there. This is standard practice for any USB flash/hard drive.
    i do stop and eject the drive -- the palm is still locked in usb mode until i pull the battery.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  15. #155  
    Aside from the blank bookmark list issue, I'm also having the following issues:

    Launcher stuck on a card twice. In the attached pic, note the 3rd card is not the active one, but still has the back button. This card stays in the background behind all other open apps (not just stack) and won't allow ANY open apps to close.

    Same browser going blank-gray issue from Pre 1! At least we can hit refresh to restore now.

    Enhancement requests (also posted on Palm forum):
    1. Show am/pm (or a/p) for ALL hours in Calendar's day view (ex. 8p).
    2. Be able to attach contact vcards/info from within email. I know you can email them from Contacts app, but if you're already composing an email, only pic/video/sound can be attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  16. kitenski's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by msdavies View Post
    Simply hold down the power button and keep it held.
    This 4 buttons to power off was bugging me, but holding down the power button doesn't work. Does this work on other Pre 2s? I just updated to 2.1, and even holding it for 30 secs makes no difference.
  17. #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by kitenski View Post
    This 4 buttons to power off was bugging me, but holding down the power button doesn't work. Does this work on other Pre 2s? I just updated to 2.1, and even holding it for 30 secs makes no difference.
    No power button issues on my pre2 unlocked. Press and hold for 3 seconds and you get to choose restart or shut down. I installed advanced system menus - power menu and get even more options when holding the power button.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
  18. kitenski's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    No power button issues on my pre2 unlocked. Press and hold for 3 seconds and you get to choose restart or shut down. I installed advanced system menus - power menu and get even more options when holding the power button.
    Ok, so there is an issue, that needs fixing with patches, will go try advanced system menus.
  19. #159  
    anyone notice keyboard errors a bit..

    especially with the letter C.. i constantly got that with my original Pre.. but i find it's sort of creeping back after some use

    it's nothing severe, the odd letter will get missed
  20. #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    anyone notice keyboard errors a bit..

    especially with the letter C.. i constantly got that with my original Pre.. but i find it's sort of creeping back after some use

    it's nothing severe, the odd letter will get missed
    I don't have the type of errors you mention with mine. But sometimes if the phone is doing something in the background it might miss an autocorrect word I programmed in. This happens most during texting.

    Quote Originally Posted by kitenski View Post
    Ok, so there is an issue, that needs fixing with patches, will go try advanced system menus.
    The power button issue you have is not one I have. Advanced system menus will not fix it.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions