Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    <quoted post deleted by staff>

I cannot believe that anyone who owned a Palm Pre 2 (as I do) could legitimately levy the list of criticisms that you have therefore I wanted to clarify the clear distinction in performance not simply to refute your claims - you must have a Palm Pre or Pre Plus that you were experiencing such problems with - not a Pre 2.

Good luck with your iPhone - its more of a fashion statement offering solid functionality and a plethora of applications and not really my cup of tea.

Whilst you may not care to provide feedback that could be taken to make improvements, I on the other hand am keen that issues are fairly aired and where substantiated raised with Palm so that the OS and future models can improve.

As far as user experience goes mine is mostly a positive experience - where it is not I want to ensure that forums such as this provide the opportunity for like minded individuals to debate matters and suggest constructive areas for refinement and improvement.

Cheers.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/01/2012 at 12:11 AM.
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
    Is anyone else having trouble with what I guess I'd call "over aggressive double keypress prevention"? For example I cannot type the word "hello" on my Pre 2 - It will always come out as "helo". Didn't have that problem on the pre mins with 1.4.5. Any word with a double letter has this trouble for me.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    can anyone tell me how to end call since the dialpad is not the 'default' view while in call?
    I always have to stoopidly wait for other party to end call or accidentaly pressed another no to dial frantically..
    Quote Originally Posted by vanngoh View Post
    can anyone tell me how to end call since the dialpad is not the 'default' view while in call?
    I always have to stoopidly wait for other party to end call or accidentaly pressed another no to dial frantically..
    When I'm on a call I see the contact information (a picture if I have associated it) below which is a screen width button with the red "end call" handset - I simply click with to end the call. You can change the views with the four buttons at the very bottom from left to right they are; voicemail, favourites, call summary (all or missed calls) and dialpad.

Hope that helps.
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
    Quote Originally Posted by pnitsuj View Post
    Is anyone else having trouble with what I guess I'd call "over aggressive double keypress prevention"? For example I cannot type the word "hello" on my Pre 2 - It will always come out as "helo". Didn't have that problem on the pre mins with 1.4.5. Any word with a double letter has this trouble for me.
    Just fyi I've found that this behaves much better after turning off auto-correction in text assist. I guess palm giveth and palm taketh away in this case. Hoping for much better in 2.1...
    Quote Originally Posted by apdpsudx View Post
    17) Copy and Paste hit the circle + c button to copy, and it exits the window, u have to click to get back in. STUPIDDDDD.
    This alone tells me you have never used a pre2, probably played with a sprint pre on display or borrowed someone elses once.

Oh and btw.. You DON't "press" on the button.. You tap and hold on anything in the Gesture area except the button..

The buttons' sole purpose is push a card into card view or full view

Quote Originally Posted by apdpsudx View Post
    18) Answer phone call by swiping the stupid button on the touch screen if the phone is locked. Are you kidding me?
    This is how all touch OS's work

Please don't come and give misinformation

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I have to agree with sketchy, all touchscreen devices make you do that.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I have to agree with sketchy, all touchscreen devices make you do that.

Sent from my eVo
    And I agree w/ both Verwon and Sketch

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm prē-ist.
    I'm concerned about my pre 2. I have always wanted the pre phone but it was never right with finances and such. Finally I am in a position I can have my first smart phone. I saw announcement for pre 3 but decided pre 2 was closer to what I wanted in a phone (size, tech etc suited me).

I got my pre less than a week ago and it was pretty responsive and rebooted in less than 2 minutes. I read some forums, downloaded recommended apps and eventually preware. After doing a number of reboot tests my phone is averaging about the 5:30 to reboot now. This is frustrating as I am having other lock up problems with it as well. Including today I started the music app it wouldn't load any music until I restarted it. As well as two days ago I couldn't find a 3 G network after coming out of work and still even in areas where I normally can. I restarted the phone and after waiting the 5 or so minutes it was able to find a network.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems? Or know what I can do about them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maharg View Post

Has anyone else experienced similar problems? Or know what I can do about them?
    I have a Pre2 that I purchased unlocked from HP. I had two issues with it. The first seemed to be a software issue related to email and resources. I believe in retrospect it might have something to do with the many email accounts I have and the amount of email I get on them. I did some maintenance on the server side of my accounts and the problem seems to have gone away.

The second issue was much more problematic and rare I am sure. This had to do with the 3G data dropping out after a few minutes of use. Palm was very responsive in helping me troubleshoot the issue (even if I had to repeat a couple of steps unnecessarily ). In the end, it was determined that the radio had failed, and they replaced it.

The second unit is working flawlessly, and I love it. The Pre2 is fast, has a great gorilla-glass screen, and of course the newer version of WebOS. While many of the changes seems subtle, they are great improvements on an already outstanding OS.

I am, however, getting a Pre3 as soon as I can get my hands on it. I played with one at the Feb 9th event and it is freaking awesome. Finally, Palm has a "superphone".

And it is even nicer in person... the pictures do not do it justice...
    I have a VZW Pre 2. I have the Google calendar sync issue (missing events, duplicated events, etc) on things I add or modify on the Pre. I have lost data connection once per day since Friday at least. I cannot access Google's mobile calendar page-I can log in, but it's blank. I cannot open some pop3 email.
    I'm still not sure about the autocorrect I mentioned elsewhere. The Pre 2 corrects wifi to wife, but doesn't correct i to I or r to are or u to you. Is this normal? I've entered it in the user's dictionary, but seems a step back from my Pre +. Overall, I like it, just getting used to a slightly buggy OS while they improve on it.
  12. iii
    Received my Pre 2 over the weekend. Sending it back today!

I bought it at full price because I get PDF's emailed to me almost daily.

I thought that WebOS 2 would certainly correct the problems with OS 1.4.5. I was wrong. The absurdity continues.

The PDF viewer is broken on OS 2 too. The Pre 2 apologizes for the same stupid rendering error!! It's always too little too late with Palm.

The PDF viewer has been broken for months. How do they expect consumers to shell out for a phone that just pretends that everything works!!

It doesn't surprise me. It's a never ending beta test, except we're paying to be the testers.
    ouch
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    PDF View is my least favorite part of webOS. There are the rendering errors, the inability to scroll through the document list, the inability to scroll after PDF View is selected from card view...
    "Visits? Well that would indicate visitors."
    "Future events such as these will affect you in the future."
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    I'm not gonna lie but it's kind of dumb of you to have purchased a pre 2 without testing this issue first when you knew it was an issue on your old pre. At the very least you should have posted here and I'm sure someone would have been happy to test things out for you. Sorry if I don't have too much sympathy.
    m100 -> m125 -> zire 71 -> Treo 650 (VZW) -> Pre Plus (VZW) + TouchPad
    don't worry...webOS won't make the cut in the business world, if it doesn't fully support pdf (without errors).

So this will be fixed in the near future, that I am absolutely sure.
    Have opened email pdfs on Pre minus OK.

Yesterday tried to view pdf train schedule from webpage. It downloaded OK and opened, but when I clicked on it to zoom, it closed.
    I'd like to get some example .pdf files that are not working. The final solution is going to be the pdf viewer coming in docs2go "in the coming months" but I had seen some improvement in being able to read some pdf files that I can't read on my plus. Can you post any links or PM me? No way palm should have not fixed this, and I saw improvement so I want to explore real examples, if possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I'd like to get some example .pdf files that are not working. The final solution is going to be the pdf viewer coming in docs2go "in the coming months".
    I think you mean QuickOffice not Docs2Go. And I don't think QuickOffice has a pdf viewer in the suite.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast