Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Native Photobucket upload denies correct account credentials (tried multiple accounts).

"The account credentials you entered are incorrect"
    Ok, I see it's yet to be released. Same old bs releasing an imperfect OS then having everyone chomping at the bit for updates. I was really hoping this company had gotten it's act together but obviously that's not the case.

I mean, is HP even serious about being a contender in the phone market or did they just buy Palm to utilize web OS on tablets? Makes me wonder.

Anyway, I've already canceled my insurance on this phone so I guess when it breaks I'll just have to switch to verizon and iphone4. I mean, considering sprint isn't carrying this phone anymore so that you have to switch to verizon anyway, why would anyone in their right mind purchase the pre 2 over iphone4?

Very disappointing.
    Bye Bye, good luck. I am sure the iPhone will be very exciting and meet all of your needs and expectations on Verizon.

As for me, I think I will stick around and be an unwitting pawn for HP to manipulate with pipe dreams and fairy tales of a great OS on new and exciting hardware.
  4.    #104  
    <<posts moved/merged>>
    Quote Originally Posted by ddtphoto View Post
    Ok, I see it's yet to be released. Same old bs releasing an imperfect OS then having everyone chomping at the bit for updates. I was really hoping this company had gotten it's act together but obviously that's not the case.

I mean, is HP even serious about being a contender in the phone market or did they just buy Palm to utilize web OS on tablets? Makes me wonder.

Anyway, I've already canceled my insurance on this phone so I guess when it breaks I'll just have to switch to verizon and iphone4. I mean, considering sprint isn't carrying this phone anymore so that you have to switch to verizon anyway, why would anyone in their right mind purchase the pre 2 over iphone4?

Very disappointing.
    Wrong assumption. 2.0 is out, officially, and has been for some time.

It's not available yet for the Pre and Pre Plus, but it's out.
    i didnt not know 2.0 was out ! wow kool it is !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    maybe this is with webos 2.0 and not the pre 2, but on my old pre, you would type "u" and pressing space would correct it to "you". On 1.4.5 if you typed "u?" it would change to "you?" however if you type punctuation right after it or any abbreviated word now it stays in its abbreviated form.
    New user - switched from iPhone 3G to Pre 2 3-4 weeks ago. I'm loving it so far!

General complaints -

1. Boot Time ... what is up with that? I do not need to boot often but whenever I have I found myself raging
    2. Battery Life - cannot get through a whole day without the phone running outta juice. Had to purchase an extra cable to connect to my office computer and charge it via USB.
    3. GPS signal strength - underperforms when compared to an iPhone 3G
    I think this may be memory leak related but cannot be sure. Usually after my Pre2 has been on for a while and has several apps open I notice the following issue;
    * difficulty in navigating between cards the swiping just doesn't function properly
    * inability to tap a card to give it focus (the taps register and the circle and ripple show up but webOS does not give the card focus/full screen)
    * inability to close an app by flicking the card up off the top (it gets stuck and bounces back down)
    * when in a card especially web browser the swiping to navigate fails and acts as a multi-tap zooming in

Current workaround: reboot the device or sometimes just pressing the power button to turn the screen off and then again to turn it on wakes up webOS.

Feature: it would be nice in the browser to have the "option" to turn on visual scrollbars (not necessarily for navigation) but primarily to give the user some indication of where they are on a page - sometimes when I read a long article you just really have no idea how much more there is to read (I would like to turn it on in these instances but would not want to enforce it all the time - should be an option).
    Last edited by msdavies; 01/16/2011 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Added my current workaround to the post.
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    maybe this is with webos 2.0 and not the pre 2, but on my old pre, you would type "u" and pressing space would correct it to "you". On 1.4.5 if you typed "u?" it would change to "you?" however if you type punctuation right after it or any abbreviated word now it stays in its abbreviated form.
    It shouldn't work that way. HAve you rebooted lately or added shortcuts that might have messed with that? It should still substitute "you" even against punctuation.
    Hey GFN... take your other thumb off of the gesture area...(kidding)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Hey GFN... take your other thumb off of the gesture area...(kidding)
    Could the people with regular Pres move their business to the Palm Pre forum please.
    Thanks for your kind cooperation. Just move along, nothing to see you would comprehend anyway.
    So, with webos 2.0 in general, i saw a screen shot of the voice dial app. But u haveto open the app first to voice dial? Cant just say "call blahblahblah" at any time? Might be quicker to universal search the person than to open that app. Defeats the purpose of voice dial?
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    So, with webos 2.0 in general, i saw a screen shot of the voice dial app. But u haveto open the app first to voice dial? Cant just say "call blahblahblah" at any time? Might be quicker to universal search the person than to open that app. Defeats the purpose of voice dial?
    As far as I'm aware, it doesn't work yet. Then again, I've never been that interested in voice dialing, so I may be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I'm experiencing exactly the same on a UK Pre 2.

EDIT: Does your Pre 2 get really hot when this happens?
    Yes it sometimes does get quite warm, but it gets warm when charging on touchstone too. Mine is also UK unlocked Pre 2

PS: I did log this on the Palm feedback form so hope they are ahead of the game and 2.1 will sort this issue out.
    Last edited by msdavies; 01/18/2011 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Amended to include log on Palm feedback
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    There is enough evidence now in this thread, this one and this one that POP email is not working on 2.0.1. Those having reported they have no problems, all seem to use non-POP accounts. I wonder whether anybody has a POP account working.
    Here are the screenshots of 2 problems I get, both on HTML and plain emails.
    POP email problem seems to be fixed in webos 2.10:
    Twitter / EverythingBlaxx: Who asked me about the POP ...

HP Palm Pushing Out webOS 2.1 to Rogers Pre 2 Users | TheCellularGuru
    Twitter / EverythingBlaxx: Interesting. All of the bu ...
    I've had the Palm Pre 2 (UK) for about a week now:

so far: can't seem to get either preware or webos quick install on it

1. no voice recorder - come on palm! this is standard on smartphones!
    2. there is a menu bar displaying the filename of the pdf you open in the pdf app - which handily obscures the 'find' bar so you can type the term you want to find, hit enter, it'll find the first instance of the term, but then you can't hit the previous or next buttons because the bar is in the way
    Anyone else experiencing GSM buzz problems while on voice calls? Seems to happen way more often with the Pre 2 than my previous phones.
    I am sorry but most of this is nonsense. Surely you cannot be talking about the Pre2!! My ownership experience is very different.

Quote Originally Posted by apdpsudx View Post
    I can go on for a while about everything that is wrong but some major items:
    1) Battery life. I can have a 2 hour conf call on this phone, battery dead. 8 hour conf call on blackberry, battery 1/4 used. Not using phone but texting, using browser, battery life 1 hour. And yes, i followed some FAQs about cutting battery usage.
    Battery life on the Pre2 is documented as being superior to the Pre/Pre+ mostly due to OS improvements given it has the same rating. No smartphone is any good in this regard (iPhone or Android included - BB tend to have better life but less functionality from a smartphone perspective - not counting Touch etc...)

2) keys dont work well. How many times do i type a word and the letter doesnt catch. But thats cool, cause there is autospell correct like on the iphone or blackberry. Oh wait. No there isnt.
    Yes, it does autocorrect - i find this annoys me as often as it helps It also offers options where it cannot autocorrect and lets you add a word to the dictionary. I would like to know how i can manage the dictionary to remove entries that were added by mistake though (anyone point me in the right direction?).

3) Touch screen stinks. i dont know how many times i have typed my password into the login screen and it says password failed. Why? 2 reasons a] screen doesnt catch every touch; or b] it is processing too slow for the key strokes. Dont have this problem with any other touch screen phone.
    Less of an issue on the Pre2 - maybe OS related.

4) Crashes all the time. Yes I updated OS.
    Mine has not "crashed" per se - I have had to reboot or shutdown on a few occasions due to the findings from my post. http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2828639

5) i like touching the button or screen and it takes 3 minutes to respond. FAIL
    6) Answer a phone call by sliding open - 10 seconds to actually get the call to the earpiece.
    Nothing like that lag on a Pre2

7) 5 minute boot up.
    90 seconds

8) 4 clicks to shutdown.
    Simply hold down the power button and keep it held.

9) Text messages dont have timestamps but have a time range. Thats just plain stupid.
    It does initially but this could be improved I'd like to be able to choose on preferences how you see it and go into the details for a text.When you tap in a message it gives Forward, Forward via Email, Copy Text and Delete - a simple Details which popped up a form showing the details would suffice nicely.

10) Mail retrieval doesnt update quickly or efficiently, email numbers are always off.
    I use Google its fine - accurate and better than gmail on my bb which is always off.

11) Multitasking? Lie. Ever be browsing the web on it, and switch apps, and the original browser window stops working? Happens every time.
    The best multi-tasking mobile OS without question IMHO. If a browser window goes white (less than 20%) simply refocus and move on it or occasionally need a refresh.

12) Can't organize apps.
    Yes you can create new launcher pages and move apps between launcher pages (simply hold the app icon and then move it when it unsticks).

13) OS is SLOWWWWWWW.
    Can you quantify this with scenarios? its a bit of a random statement.

14) Bluetooth takes 20 seconds to turn on.
    Five to ten seconds on my Pre2 - on par with any phone i've used.

15) No zoom on camera.
    True, I miss this feature. Please HP Palm sort it out!

16) Contacts design and management stinks.
    Could you suggest specific issues with it and how it can be improved? I don't have too much problem with it at all.

17) Copy and Paste hit the circle + c button to copy, and it exits the window, u have to click to get back in. STUPIDDDDD.
    The whole text management copy, cut, paste and movement could be more intuitive and certainly should be in a nice tutorial - I found most of it from the tips on Precentral!! Room for improvement.

18) Answer phone call by swiping the stupid button on the touch screen if the phone is locked. Are you kidding me?
    Not sure what is wrong with this? either swipe up to answer or hit the off button to cancel the incoming call.

Please help the community by providing a little more inciteful feedback rather than just spouting frustration - we all want to help make things better, and the best way to do so is articulate our issues in a constructive manner.

Thanks, Mark
    Last edited by msdavies; 01/30/2011 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Added link for post reference.
    ___
    <quoted post deleted by staff>

Are you talking about the Pre2 or the Pre Plus?? There's a big difference. Also, I really think you have a biased opinion toward iOS since it is the cool thing to have these days. Just my two cents.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/01/2012 at 12:11 AM.