Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 175
  1. #21  
    I am mad its not on sprint yet ERRRRRRRRR
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
  2. #22  
    My experience is horrible:
    Exchange on the Pre 2 doesn't work, I don't see paid apps. No data from my pre 1 was transfered. I could restore my Pre I (because you cannot downgrade your profile from WEBOS 2.0 to 1.4.5). The support is trying to restore an older backup but hasn't succeeded you. So far: everything is lost (or stuck in backup that cannot be restored) and the Pre 2 is almost unusable (at least from an e-mail, calander, etc. view with exachange). Real nightmare.
  3. #23  
    so pre 2 owners/testers, how is the keyboard compared to the pre+ 1? is it still quirky and miss letters?
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by shmutt1980 View Post
    so pre 2 owners/testers, how is the keyboard compared to the pre+ 1? is it still quirky and miss letters?
    Not so far; it's firm and clicks just fine, and I haven't missed any letters in the six hours or so I've had it. The autocorrect is awesome too.



    I think I've found a bug. Not a lot of people are going to run into this, so please don't think I'm complaining too loudly. But if I have Pandora running and playing a song on the Pre2, then I fire up the camera to take a still shot, the Pandora stream will stop. When I return to the Pandora app, it shows as paused. If I press play, I get about a half second of where the song left off, but then it just stops. Still indicates it's playing, but the progress bar doesn't advance and there's no sound. The app continues behaving oddly unless you restart it.

    So if you need to take a photo and you're listening to Pandora, ditch the Pandora card first!
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by freedog View Post
    Do alittle reseach, 4g will not be up and running strong on ANY network for another year or two. Palm did the right thing by its customers by staying 3g and having wifi.
    that's funny, I've been looking into 4G status' across North America over the last week because I keep hearing people talking about how it's coming to their city and they are making it sound like tomorrow. Here's a couple of good news stories, one from Canada and one from the USA:

    LA Times 13 November 2010

    Faster 4G wireless networks are coming, slowly
    Building the cellphone networks has been slow and costly for the major providers, and only a few early handsets are on the market. It could be a year or more before the technology is widely available.

    Cellphones: Faster 4G wireless networks are coming, slowly - latimes.com

    Rogers, Bell trialing LTE 4G in Canada

    Rogers, Bell trialing LTE 4G in Canada | Electronista
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Justdoitalex View Post
    My experience is horrible:
    Exchange on the Pre 2 doesn't work, I don't see paid apps. No data from my pre 1 was transfered. I could restore my Pre I (because you cannot downgrade your profile from WEBOS 2.0 to 1.4.5). The support is trying to restore an older backup but hasn't succeeded you. So far: everything is lost (or stuck in backup that cannot be restored) and the Pre 2 is almost unusable (at least from an e-mail, calander, etc. view with exachange). Real nightmare.
    Hmm, I have 2 exchange accounts, both transferred happily and work ok (calendar and e-mail). Did have some problems with gmail accounts, but fiddling with the settings (removing / re-adding) helped.
  7. #27  
    I've been having issues with my Pre2.

    Bookmarks- when I open a browser window and look into my bookmarks they aren't there. I'll add one and it doesn't show up. They did pop up once or twice so I know the info is on the phone, they just won't stay on the list.

    WebOS Dr-I downloaded the 2.0 doctor to see if that would solve the issue and when I plug in the device Dr never sees it. Neither does WebOS Quick Install, but Windows sees it fine when I do the USB mode.

    [EDIT] I saw in another thread that it seems I have to put the pre2 in a special mode before doctoring.

    Other than these the phone has been great, the build quality is a big step up and the new keyboard is just a bit smoother than my pre+. It would seem that all these issues are software related.
    Last edited by Treiz; 12/01/2010 at 01:55 AM.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treiz View Post
    I've been having issues with my Pre2.

    Bookmarks- when I open a browser window and look into my bookmarks they aren't there. I'll add one and it doesn't show up. They did pop up once or twice so I know the info is on the phone, they just won't stay on the list.

    WebOS Dr-I downloaded the 2.0 doctor to see if that would solve the issue and when I plug in the device Dr never sees it. Neither does WebOS Quick Install, but Windows sees it fine when I do the USB mode.

    [EDIT] I saw in another thread that it seems I have to put the pre2 in a special mode before doctoring.

    Other than these the phone has been great, the build quality is a big step up and the new keyboard is just a bit smoother than my pre+. It would seem that all these issues are software related.
    Yes you do need to place your phone in recovery mode to Dr. However, you probably just need to install the WebOS 2.0 novacom drivers for WoSQI to connect to your device (as well as be in developer mode).

    If you change the .jar extension of the Dr. file to a .zip extension you can browse inside, the Novacom driver msi's are in the resources folder. Install the one appropriate for your system. When done just change the extension back to .jar.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  9. #29  
    Is the calendar being slow to load for anyone else? On 3G, on both initial load and return to card, I have to wait 5-10 seconds for it to come back into focus and let me do anything.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Is the calendar being slow to load for anyone else? On 3G, on both initial load and return to card, I have to wait 5-10 seconds for it to come back into focus and let me do anything.
    Do you have more than one acct sync'd to your Calendar or a lot of data in it?

    I only have my google acct set to sync to the calendar and I have very little info on the calendar and mine loads almost instantly. I am using my Pre 2 on T-Mobile and only have Edge data which is painfully slow for everything.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by paul.vd.spek View Post
    Hmm, I have 2 exchange accounts, both transferred happily and work ok (calendar and e-mail). Did have some problems with gmail accounts, but fiddling with the settings (removing / re-adding) helped.
    As fas as i Know the webOS deveice are the ONLY CAPABLE of syncing more than 1 EAS account. Even iOS, Android and Win7 cannot handle that.
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
  12. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #32  
    Did they fix the 'alert during call' annoyance? I guess that would be a 2.0 thing more than the Pre2 but just curious.
  13. jhochberg's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rosenberger View Post
    As fas as i Know the webOS deveice are the ONLY CAPABLE of syncing more than 1 EAS account. Even iOS, Android and Win7 cannot handle that.
    Not true at all. Apple added the feature to iOS in the 4.0 release. Android has had this since 2.0.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treiz View Post
    I've been having issues with my Pre2.

    Bookmarks- when I open a browser window and look into my bookmarks they aren't there. I'll add one and it doesn't show up. They did pop up once or twice so I know the info is on the phone, they just won't stay on the list.
    No need to doctor, this seems to be some error in the restore from 1.4. Just go to your (empty) bookmarks list and select 'Clear Bookmarks' from the menu. Then re-bookmark the sites.
  15. #35  
    A few minor things I experienced apart from the bookmarks restore:

    The 'back' gesture doesn't always work in the browser. The 'night rider' leds in the gesture area light up, but the app sometimes doesn't respond.

    The 'Just type' bar shows a fraction of a second if I bring up the wave menu using the Up gesture. Not pretty.

    The phone does not pick up my own phone number in the preferences. Possibly related: incoming callers are no longer recognised if the number in the phone book does not include the country code. I am slowly converting my phone numbers...

    General feeling: excellent productivity phone, great step up from my pre minus. Would not trade for an iPhone (my wife has one) or Android.
  16. #36  
    I am not able to re-arrange the favorites mailboxes in preferences, i can re-arrange them, but the appearance in the emailer is sorted by alphabet. (numbers ignored). The manual arranging was possible in webOS 1.4.5 and earlier on my Pre Classic / Plus. The representation of the favorites list was equal to the representation in the accounts box under preferences, which you can manually move around.
    (Palm acknowledged this as a bug)

    Additional info: The sorting i mentioned is kinda random. I am not sure how the list is formed, but by opening the favorites, sometimes the list is well sorted like set in the preferences, but rapidly (in about a second) changes in an undefined state.
    Last edited by Richard Rosenberger; 12/03/2010 at 04:06 PM.
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing!
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by paul.vd.spek View Post
    No need to doctor, this seems to be some error in the restore from 1.4. Just go to your (empty) bookmarks list and select 'Clear Bookmarks' from the menu. Then re-bookmark the sites.
    There are bookmarks issues even with a new profile created only on the Pre 2.

    If you Dr. or reload your profile the bookmarks list page and tiles page is restored with your bookmarks, but your thumbnails are not. When you visit the website the thumbnail shows up on the tile page but not the list page.

    However if you delete the bookmark and then add it back, the thumbnails show up everywhere as you would expect.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  18. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    There are bookmarks issues even with a new profile created only on the Pre 2.

    If you Dr. or reload your profile the bookmarks list page and tiles page is restored with your bookmarks, but your thumbnails are not. When you visit the website the thumbnail shows up on the tile page but not the list page.

    However if you delete the bookmark and then add it back, the thumbnails show up everywhere as you would expect.
    I am having an issue with this on 2.0.1. I remember doctoring before this that the thumbnails wouldn't carry over, but my problem is different. Now I have my bookmarks in tile view, but my list view is completely empty, so I can't edit any bookmarks. Additionally, a new bookmarks will not show up in either tile or list view.
  19. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    #39  
    Also, my youtube app won't work properly. I can search for videos, but no video will actually play, it just stays on the spinner forever.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    doesn't look like the 2 will be 4G, which doesn't make sense to me. has HP/Palm stated why not?
    There is no GSM 4th gen data yet.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions