Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Go make some apps then! It's easy even for someone who doesn't understand programming.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    Go make some apps then! It's easy even for someone who doesn't understand programming.
    like I said I'm exchanging my phone, not buying a new phone.
    I'm still confused about how are you "exchanging" your phone...

Do you mean trade it, as in buy the Pre 2 then sell the Pre?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I'm still confused about how are you "exchanging" your phone...

Do you mean trade it, as in buy the Pre 2 then sell the Pre?
    because the company(i will not mention the name) I purchase the phone from will think its ''defective'' ... Well my audio jack is going and my power button stop working.. I've been waiting for a new phone before I exchange it.
    And you're on Bell? Bell's not carrying Pre 2. You're just going to pay the ETF?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

6.    #26  
    And you're on Bell? Bell's not carrying Pre 2. You're just going to pay the ETF?
    Did you read the name of the thread? i want to know if i can unlock a Rogers Pre 2 to run on Bell's GSM network.

i will not pay a penny to get the phone from Rogers and no i am not stealing it if people are wondering.
    well as posted yesterday about the pre2 its a different kernal and if my knowledge serves me right I believe it'll need a different unlock code?

I'm sure there will be one since hp is selling them unlocked
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    well as posted yesterday about the pre2 its a different kernal and if my knowledge serves me right I believe it'll need a different unlock code?

I'm sure there will be one since hp is selling them unlocked
    Nothing to do with the kernel. It's the modem firmware that needs hacking. 3630 and 3430 are code compatible, so I think JIC can turnaround with this relatively quick.

9.    #29  
    Nothing to do with the kernel. It's the modem firmware that needs hacking. 3630 and 3430 are code compatible, so I think JIC can turnaround with this relatively quick.
    wicked...... thats what i wanna heard.
  10.    #30  
    anyone figure out a way to unlock the phone yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    For the second time:
    Either the existing JIC unlock client will work or JIC will update the client. This has not been tested yet by JIC. Yes, it's first hand info.

And "anyone". Max is not anyone.
    Because the SFR unit isn't locked, so it couldn't be tested?

You can always donate the device to webOS Internals. The ENTIRE webOS community will thank you.

13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    For the second time:
    Either the existing JIC unlock client will work or JIC will update the client. This has not been tested yet by JIC. Yes, it's first hand info.

And "anyone". Max is not anyone.
    what is JIC?
  14.    #34  
    You can always donate the device to webOS Internals. The ENTIRE webOS community will thank you.
    wish i had the money brother...

i guess i need to make some ****ty app and hoping someone will pay $2 to do nothing. lol
    btw i was trying to figure out with a friend other night if its worthing make cell phone app and sell it.

take for example Angry Birds, lets say 1 million people own a Pre worldwide, 25% of all Pre owners buys Angry birds that means he made $497,500(i am not sure if Palm get a commission from Rovio)

to think this on only Palm Pre...... cough cough iPhone
    We now know that the Pre 2 will be available unlocked directly from HP for consumers (not just developers) in The USA and now the UK, so I wonder if it will be available unlocked in Canada.

I hope so, then you wont have to deal with unlocking the Rogers one.
    Could someone check to see what GSM frequencies the Pre 2 uses and check the HSPA frequency of Bell Mobility?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Could someone check to see what GSM frequencies the Pre 2 uses and check the HSPA frequency of Bell Mobility?
    Bell is using the same frequencies tha AT&T uses ... 850/1900 ...

Palm Pre 2 has both set for the Americas and European band available in different models. One for the NA and one for Europe.

As for the GSM, then Palm Pre 2 has all "Quad" frequencies ... so no worries.
    Hmmmmm. Good to know...
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    We now know that the Pre 2 will be available unlocked directly from HP for consumers (not just developers) in The USA and now the UK, so I wonder if it will be available unlocked in Canada.

I hope so, then you wont have to deal with unlocking the Rogers one.
    I think HP USA (Not Palm USA) Ships to Canada.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ww-hp-com.html
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I think HP USA (Not Palm USA) Ships to Canada.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ww-hp-com.html
    They better...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12