View Poll Results: Would you consider overclocking your Pre 2?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes < Without a doubt:

57 51.82%
  • No < I don't need it, 1ghz is suffice:

16 14.55%
  • Maybe < It depends on the phone performance:

31 28.18%
  • I'm not getting a pre 2:

6 5.45%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    one day if I owned a pre 2 I would probably do it for shiz and giggles just to see if it had any form of advantage
    I've never been one to leave anything "stock" if I don't absolutely have to. Will definitely overclock; the UberKernel for the Pre in conjunction with Govnah makes my phone run faster and the battery lasts longer. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinhead-227 View Post
    I've never been one to leave anything "stock" if I don't absolutely have to. Will definitely overclock; the UberKernel for the Pre in conjunction with Govnah makes my phone run faster and the battery lasts longer. :P
    Doesn't mean that will be the case with the Pre 2's core.
    overclocking (and the potential to easily do so cause of homebrew's efforts) is the only reason i committed to webOS rather than android.
    I don't think I would. I think overclocking killed my phone... :/
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I don't think I would. I think overclocking killed my phone... :/
    Hopefully that wasnt the case... i dont want my phone to die!

What overclock settings were you using?
    1ghz is plenty for me, I think most of us wanted a fast phone out of the box, well the pre2 satisfies that desire IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    I think the best answer would be: depends on phone performance.

I don't Overclock my Evo.
    Why? Because taking it from 998.4 mhz to 1152 mhz results in NO noticeable increase in speed and just more battery drain.

Why would I push my CPU for less battery and more wear/tear when the gains are worth nothing more than a slight increase in numbers on a benchmark?
    Hey dude aren't you the guy that got savaged on the latest article with your claim of having replaced your pre 12 times in the last 12 months? I got no opinion either way mind you, just surprised that you're still around.
    The reason I overclock in the first place is to make my phone (relatively) lag-free. If the Pre 2 has a similar to my Pre @ 1 Ghz, then I wouldn't overclock. I would try it though just to see the difference between stock and OC.
    i wouldnt beta test overclocking, but id use it when its deemed safe
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbriar511 View Post
    Hey dude aren't you the guy that got savaged on the latest article with your claim of having replaced your pre 12 times in the last 12 months? I got no opinion either way mind you, just surprised that you're still around.
    You can still have, at least some times, intelligent conversations here without name calling [the moderating helps].
    None of those people would dare act, to any degree, the way they did in that comment area. Simply because they would be banned pretty quickly. Especially with the name calling.

That was actually more of a comedic value thing for me.
    [That is, the idea that some people on here are in such denial about reality]

Name calling doesn't bother me- at all. If you search all my posts anywhere on the net or speak to me in real life you'll find that I VERY rarely, if EVER, call people names.
    It's just what people do when they have no intelligent response to give.
    Last edited by Mattykinsx; 10/31/2010 at 09:45 PM.
    It looks speedy enough to skip on the overclocking, but I won't know until I getthe phone in my hands... If that ever happens...
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Uhhhhh yes I would. Why would I not? Is more like the question for me. Faster is better for just about everything. Speed kills. Though I must admit I do not go with 71 eventhoug it's 1.2GHz and stay with thunderchief just because it is more stable for me. So if it was at the cost of stability no.
    yes, I would overclocked my pre2 if I have one.
    After seeing the performance of the Pre 2 on the Engadget Show, I really don't think it is necessary. It looks like the GPU acceleration and the new CPU are doing their job, but if there is a noticeable difference then I might do it.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPrePlusPwns View Post
    Hopefully that wasnt the case... i dont want my phone to die!

What overclock settings were you using?
    Screenstate 500/1000. I hope it wasn't overclocking, and that it was a defective phone. Will be sending it in to Palm soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    Uhhhhh yes I would. Why would I not? Is more like the question for me. Faster is better for just about everything. Speed kills. Though I must admit I do not go with 71 eventhoug it's 1.2GHz and stay with thunderchief just because it is more stable for me. So if it was at the cost of stability no.
    I kind of agree with you to a point. Eventually you start seeing diminishing returns -- especially when you factor in battery drain and the cpu's shortened lifespan.
    Of course. I would love to see my future Pre 2 running at 1'8 Ghz

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Screenstate 500/1000. I hope it wasn't overclocking, and that it was a defective phone. Will be sending it in to Palm soon.

Be sure to remove Uberkernal and Govnah before you do. If you don't its a dead give away that you've been a naughty boy by overclocking. That's if you can power it on.
    I wouldn't. I don't know how to do it and Palm said it may damage the phone. Looks dangerous.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast