1.    #1  
    As soon as I am able to purchase an unlocked Palm Pre 2 I plan on doing this. I have been using Sprint Navigation on my original Pre, and I am wondering what options I will have on the Pre 2?
    I imagine navit will be coming over once internals starts messing with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage91 View Post
    I imagine navit will be coming over once internals starts messing with it.
    I would imagine the code is compatible, so it will just work.

Navit is compiled for armv7, and 3630 is also Cortex A8.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I'm expecting some of big guys to jump in game, like Igo or TomTom or even Garmin after Asus breakup. It would be nice way for HP to demonstrate it's strength by bringing at least one of them to the WebOS.
    with Hp's backing, thats a possibility. I dont see this happening until a superphone is announced.
  6.    #6  
    Navit looks pretty amateur-hour. They have a spelling mistake right on the home page in the About section.

Does it work?
    This is a major fail for webos, no real offline navigation software...hope to see one of the big names soon...
    Either HP should get a big name company to get their Nav software onto WebOS, or they should invest their own time into making Navit professional on WebOS.

Its ametur but a lot of functions are already there. It just needs better mapping like address search.

It would fit in with the 'taking open source and expanding upon it' ideology for WebOS anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Amateur-hour is a bit disrespectful dyt??
    I would agree. Navit is one of the most impressive Open Source projects I have ever seen.
    Maps are big problem for Navit, and there could help HP money (I guess it won't hurt ether to pay some cash to devs which ported Navit). I've red somewhere that Navit is compatible with Garmin maps. Have someone tried to use Navit with Garmin maps (just for testing purposes of course)?
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    Maps are big problem for Navit, and there could help HP money (I guess it won't hurt ether to pay some cash to devs which ported Navit). I've red somewhere that Navit is compatible with Garmin maps. Have someone tried to use Navit with Garmin maps (just for testing purposes of course)?
    I looked into this. Garmin maps are protected. There are only a couple open maps and they are rubbish and for testing purposes.

You can get the maps off the internet unlocked, or if you own a Garmin device.

And you have to convert the Garmin maps to OpenMap. A lot of data is lost in the conversion.

For a lack of a better term, its "Janky"
    Mapping is a most expensive part of GPS software I guess. I'm expecting some actions in GPS on WebOS field from HP. HP have (or had) Ipaq travel companion line of standalone GPS devices running customized IGO on Windows CE. It would be crazy not to use WebOS as foundation for future HP GPS devices, and still using windows CE.