Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    just found this on webOS roundup,
    it's the first i've heard of it.
    webOS 2.0: Support for multiple Palm Profiles? | webOSroundup
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Interesting!

Although, in answer to the question posed on that link:

Can one Palm profile sign-in be used to sign in to multiple devices?
    The answer, as stated by Dieter in Palmcast 124, is no.
    Thanks for the link.. Didn't see this one.

[i]--Sent from my pre2
    I'm sceptical - the first profile is 'Dr Skipped Firstuse'.

Show me two *real* profiles logged in and I will believe.

Also, if Palm were to allow a profile to be logged in on multiple devices, then profiles containing lots of games would be traded on warez sites.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Also, if Palm were to allow a profile to be logged in on multiple devices, then profiles containing lots of games would be traded on warez sites.
    No reason they couldn't do similarly to Apple though. I believe iTunes lets you put apps on something like 5 devices.

Why would it be an issue if Palm was to allow you to log in to your profile from five devices?
    With the addition of a tablet and printers, logging in to the same profile on multiple devices is going to have to be allowed in the future, although it would still be relatively simple to only allow logging in to one of each type of device.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Wow! My Pre 2 arrived with a broken mic so I asked for a replacement. Guess what? The new unit they sent me has that Dr. Skipped Firstuse profile installed.
    1) I don't know what to do with it
    2) I cannot erase it!

My account works perfectly, but still, I was wondering why is there such a profile?!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    No reason they couldn't do similarly to Apple though. I believe iTunes lets you put apps on something like 5 devices.

Why would it be an issue if Palm was to allow you to log in to your profile from five devices?
    Because they cannot legally do that without permission of the developers (based on my reading of the developer agreement, it doesn't permit Palm to enable a user to download multiple copies, nor does it prohibit it).

At the very least they would have to notify developers and at that time, developers can pull their apps or raise the price if they so desire.

It is a tricky thing to pull off without any problems.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim-1 View Post
    Wow! My Pre 2 arrived with a broken mic so I asked for a replacement. Guess what? The new unit they sent me has that Dr. Skipped Firstuse profile installed.
    1) I don't know what to do with it
    2) I cannot erase it!

My account works perfectly, but still, I was wondering why is there such a profile?!
    Do a full erase.

"Dr. Skipped Firstuse" is a profile put on developer devices, so it seems they sent you a developer activation-bypassed device. You should just run the webOS doctor or do a full erase and it should remove that profile from your accounts list.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    perhaps it would just let you share calendar/contacts information between profiles but not apps?
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Do a full erase.

"Dr. Skipped Firstuse" is a profile put on developer devices, so it seems they sent you a developer activation-bypassed device. You should just run the webOS doctor or do a full erase and it should remove that profile from your accounts list.

I run the Doctor and guess what? Dr. Skipped is still there.

Also I feel a bit cheated that they sent me a developer device as a replacement.
    I also got a phone with this profile. If i understand you right. It's not possible to remove? And we can't get a new one?

i also got a problem with my calendar. It seems to duplicate my google calendar events. I think i might be related to this dr. profile. Have you noticed this on your phone?
    I run the Doctor and guess what? Dr. Skipped is still there.

Also I feel a bit cheated that they sent me a developer device as a replacement.
    What Rod suggested was to do a full erase, which isn't the same as doctoring. Full erase is something you do from the Device Info app. try that and then sede if you have the issue.
    Full erase and webOS Doctor is guaranteed to remove it.

-- Rod
    it means open the device info app on the 3rdauncher page and do a full erase. Then run the webos doctore. Rod is saying the bypass profile will be gone after that.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Will try that at the 1st occasion! After upgrading to 2.0.1 the phone is working very well, so I have no reason to do a deep reset at the moment.
    Thanks for your help and suggestions!
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brakedalen View Post
    i also got a problem with my calendar. It seems to duplicate my google calendar events. I think i might be related to this dr. profile. Have you noticed this on your phone?
    I had a couple of double entries, but I thought this was due to some hiccups with my Macintosh (I use iCal) and Busy Sync which I use to sync informations with Google calendar.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Full erase and webOS Doctor is guaranteed to remove it.

-- Rod
    I've tried both now, with no success. My calendar seems to keep copying my appiontments(google cal). Have tried everything now! I think is has something to do with this stupid "dr.skipped firstuse" profile. Any advice anyone? Sending it back is not an option, since I live in norway, and bought it from UK.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Are you saying that even after a full reset the Dr. Skipped Firtuse profile is still there?!?!
    Are you saying that even after a full reset the Dr. Skipped Firtuse profile is still there?!?!
    yes, also used the doctor. Still here=(
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast