Old news... and the price is just a rumour.

It's coming from MobileSyrup.

Rogers Palm Pre 2 images surface | MobileSyrup.com
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    That would be a good price in the US though. Because it's $100 off the good Androids and iPhone(contract prices of course), and may get people to take notice. Not everyone really wants to pay $200+.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    the prolem up here in hockeyville is that we suffer with our brutal 3 year contracts, and are only eligible for a hardware upgrade every 24 months.

if it wasn't for this damage so close to CES I would pick one up since I purchased my pre outright at the attractive 300 dollar price
    Yes 3 years is brutal and the rates seem just as high as here. Canada is the only country that makes the greedy, nickel and diming US carriers look good, lol. There was a report out that says North America has some of the worst rates.

But how about regional or prepaid carriers, are they allowed? You can get some good deals here with them.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    we don't have regional carriers and prepaid services are owned by the big three (rogers, bell/telus - bell and telus are almost identical that they should be one).

we here have the highest rates in the world.. So yeah compared to canada the usa isn't so bad, but compared to europe we north americans are screwed lol
    should also add that we now have 3 other players: wind, mobilicity, public mobile.. However these are more mild discount providers that don't really offer high end devices.. And their structure works a bit different as they operate off of zones

step in the right direction but the big 3 still have them by the balls
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    the prolem up here in hockeyville is that we suffer with our brutal 3 year contracts, and are only eligible for a hardware upgrade every 24 months.

if it wasn't for this damage so close to CES I would pick one up since I purchased my pre outright at the attractive 300 dollar price
    30 months for Bell users who are under the ARPU.

For all carriers iPhone users seem to have different treatment as well.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

ahh bell is 30 months still eh? I know rogers just went backdown to 24 months. Horrible lol

and of course because they are special. So special that they're in a league of their own lol

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    30 months for Bell users who are under the ARPU.

For all carriers iPhone users seem to have different treatment as well.
  9.    #10  
    do the canadian 3 still charge $50 for a sim card? With no credit on. in the UK a lot of the carriers will post you free sim cards just by texting them.
    Regards
    Sim Cards are $5 on the Bell site, with no contract. Yes we get screwed on upgrades up here. That's part of the reason it makes me a little mad when I keep hearing about our neighbors down south, and their "free" upgrades that they can get once a year....all they have to do is re-sign for an extra year on their contract and boom.........free phone............every year. Spoiled. As far as secondary providers, we have a lot of them but really they are just off-shoots of those big 3.

You could blame the population density of Canada, (ranked 228 at 3.3/square km; 8.7/square mile........USA ranked 178..... 31.6/square km;81.8/square mile) as part of the reason for such high rates. The infrastructure cost doesn't really change, but the amount of people supporting it does.

Here's a comparisson of average cell phone rates in the world

Happy Halloween!
    AT&T does just about nothing for free, and just jacked up early renewal rates. Except iPhone renewals are no penalty as of iPhone 4. And it's 18 months for their early renewal. Verizon does allow for yearly contracts, but the phones will cost more if you're changing models. And I think Sprint allows upgrades with contract extensions, which may be the one you're thinking of. I don't know if the phones are free though. You may have to pay the contract price at least. I'm not sure about T-Mobile upgrades, but they did allow some people to get new phones early as long as they extended their contact but it seems it was a case by case basis.

So Rodgers is paying us $100 to get a pre 2? Seems like a ripoff. Should pay us at least $300.
    Quote Originally Posted by wxman2003 View Post
    So Rodgers is paying us $100 to get a pre 2? Seems like a ripoff. Should pay us at least $300.
    I really wonder where did the kindergarten wisdom of "if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything" went.

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I really wonder where did the kindergarten wisdom of "if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything" went.
    it went out the door when everyone had a sense of entitlement