Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    This just makes me realize that Palm is gone and its HP now. No thanks. Wait for something better .the Pre 2 is a joke in my opinion. Hopefulyl in a few years Hp will put out a good webos phone but then again it might not be on Sprint so im not holding my breath. Ive like alot here also left webos behind. But we still have a Pre in the family for now. Other then the cool cards thing its no better then any other OS in my opinion.
    really? This phone appears to have much more to do with Palm than it does HP. All signs point to this being art of Palm's pre-merger roadmap, and that HP, besides buying Palm, did nothing to interfere.
    Originally Posted by RUSH:
    I'm sorry you feel this way about the the webos, I believe the operating system is awesome and tops most other OS.

Multitasking is also another great feature of the webos, even so.. that the makers of the iphone have implement it into their phones. :lol (Not as awesome as Palm)

Originally Posted by VaccPalm:
    This just makes me realize that Palm is gone and its HP now. No thanks. Wait for something better .the Pre 2 is a joke in my opinion. Hopefulyl in a few years Hp will put out a good webos phone but then again it might not be on Sprint so im not holding my breath. Ive like alot here also left webos behind. But we still have a Pre in the family for now. Other then the cool cards thing its no better then any other OS in my opinion.
    I do want one! but not happening on Sprint, at least for now....

I know that you will be able to buy unlocked GSM Pre 2 directly from HP. Does anyone think there's any possibility that HP might eventually sell a "generic" CDMA Pre 2 that you can activate on either Sprint or Verizon? If they did, I would buy one in a heartbeat...
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I do want one! but not happening on Sprint, at least for now....

I know that you will be able to buy unlocked GSM Pre 2 directly from HP. Does anyone think there's any possibility that HP might eventually sell a "generic" CDMA Pre 2 that you can activate on either Sprint or Verizon? If they did, I would buy one in a heartbeat...
    no... sprint will not activate any phone they do not directly sell. they aren't like verizon. this is why i think all companies should have unlocked sim cards. that way we can buy any phone we want and place it on any carrier we want too.
    Comparison of Keyboard/Slider between Palm+, Palm 2 and Pixi (in french)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Are they really releasing the phone w/o a cover for the micro usb?
    Since a lot of people have Touchstones and it's comes with the magnet back cover I don't see why they would leave that open and exposed. Seems like it will just fill up with pocket lint. Even my speaker gets filled up through the back cover with it every couple months..

I was thinking the same thing. Especially with all the recent stuck in headset mode problems people and myself were having that were attributed to lint being in the headset jack.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    no... sprint will not activate any phone they do not directly sell. they aren't like verizon. this is why i think all companies should have unlocked sim cards. that way we can buy any phone we want and place it on any carrier we want too.

That would be great, but Google tried that with the nexus one I believe and it failed miserably. Sprint and Verizon don't want there bottom line effected by customers buying (possibly cheaper) phones from somewhere else. Anyhow sprint and verizon phones don't have sim cards, it would only work for AT&T and T-Mobile.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbriar511 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Especially with all the recent stuck in headset mode problems people and myself were having that were attributed to lint being in the headset jack.
    If you used a belt holster, there would be no lint. Just sayin'. =P
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Comparison of Keyboard/Slider between Palm+, Palm 2 and Pixi (in french)

I think the reviewer pointed out how you can use the edge to slice brie.

You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.
    I think WebOS 2 is going to be awesome. Sure the new Pre is nice, but I want to see how the OS runs on the old hardware. Maybe they increased performance in the OS making the 1GHz look faster then is really is...but it is faster I'm sure. :^)
    Saw video but i still have no interest.
    Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    What happend to the river stone, looks like its been grinding against a flat rock.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I'll probably be getting one. This is coming from a pixi+ owner though, so I'm pretty starved for power.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123