Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    Did you notice at the 4:08 mark in this video, there were two Palm profiles linked to this phone? Hopefully that also means we'll be able to log into more than one device with our Palm Profile.

webOS 2.0 Supports Multiple Palm Profiles? WebOS World

webOS 2.0: Support for multiple Palm Profiles? | webOSroundup
    The first one in the list is 'Dr Skipped Firstuse'.. I figured it was just an emulator thing. I have a feeling that does not mean multiple palm profiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Nope, still don't want one.

I know I'll be leaving Palm behind in a few months, doesn't bother me at all.
    verwon is going to get herself a bit of this right?

Quote Originally Posted by millertime View Post
    However, in early 2011, Ti is releasing its new SoC, the OMAP 4. This is a dual core chip with each chip running at 1ghz+ (which means at least 1ghz). The L2 cache will be doubled to 1MB shared by both chips. These will be Cortex A9 chips - the first ARM out of order microprocessors - like current AMD and Intel CPUs (but not Atom, which is not out of order). The memory interface is also getting faster. OMAP 4 is going to be a big jump in performance over that of the Pre 2. Imagine how fast Web OS 2.0 will run on the OMAP4!
    Ok so I may be crazy, but Verizon is CDMA which would mean it runs off of the EVDO network.

Anyways, in his demonstration i'm sure he's got a stock normal palm pre 2 running without homebrew or anything.

Point of this post, why is the verizon pre 2 reading "3g" since "3g" represents GSM and HSPA, when it should be reading "Ev"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    this video just makes me want webOS 2.0. I could care less about the phone.
    i agree!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Nope, still don't want one.

I know I'll be leaving Palm behind in a few months, doesn't bother me at all.
    sadly im right behind you with this. ill be getting another android phone soon "epic or evo". i love webos but i just do not see this super phone coming next year.
    I'm afraid that WebOS is not competition to anyone, at least yet. But it has potential.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    Ok so I may be crazy, but Verizon is CDMA which would mean it runs off of the EVDO network.

Anyways, in his demonstration i'm sure he's got a stock normal palm pre 2 running without homebrew or anything.

Point of this post, why is the verizon pre 2 reading "3g" since "3g" represents GSM and HSPA, when it should be reading "Ev"?
    my wife has a pixi plus and hers says 3g at the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Right, because you just want what Steve Jobs tells you to want.
    Actually that was my point. Only phan boys will tell you what you should want. And yes, Jobs is, obviously, the lead phan boy over there...
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    why is the verizon pre 2 reading "3g" since "3g" represents GSM and HSPA, when it should be reading "Ev"?
    Evdo is 3g.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Evdo is 3g.
    Sprint 4G gets turned on Monday in NYC!
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Are they really releasing the phone w/o a cover for the micro usb?
    Since a lot of people have Touchstones and it's comes with the magnet back cover I don't see why they would leave that open and exposed. Seems like it will just fill up with pocket lint. Even my speaker gets filled up through the back cover with it every couple months..
    Another vid comparing pre 2 and pre+ at stock speed and oc'ed. In french ;-)
    this video just makes me want webOS 2.0. I could care less about the phone.
    That's funny I heard something on the radio about that EXACT quote the other day and it was rather entertaining. "I could care less about [blank]" Think about it, and what does that mean. I could care less about the [blank] OR I couldn't care less about the [blank]. What you just implied was that you definately care about the [blank], although we're not sure how much, and because you do care about the [blank], you could care less about it.

end of story
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    That's funny I heard something on the radio about that EXACT quote the other day and it was rather entertaining. "I could care less about [blank]" Think about it, and what does that mean. I could care less about the [blank] OR I couldn't care less about the [blank]. What you just implied was that you definately care about the [blank], although we're not sure how much, and because you do care about the [blank], you could care less about it.

end of story
    yes, there is truth to your statement. I missed typed. But i'm sure everyone could gather what I meant.

However, when you think about it, neither statement actually gives any concrete evidence regarding the speakers level of care. If my level of care is high, but I can't care less, that would mean that at minimum, my care level will always be high.
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 10/31/2010 at 06:19 AM.
    guess I forgot to mention that there was a survey done on that statement and it was around the 90% mark of people said it that way, so, I knew what you meant, and once I heard that, I realized I was one of the ones who said it that way too.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    guess I forgot to mention that there was a survey done on that statement and it was around the 90% mark of people said it that way, so, I knew what you meant, and once I heard that, I realized I was one of the ones who said it that way too.
    90% hmmm. Now that you pointed it out, i'm not sure which one it is that I say usually.
    I believe most people have really underestimated the pre2. It is a must have phone for me. I've always wanted a pre with a glass screen, better camera, and 1ghz processor... etc.

regards,

[i]--Sent from my pre2
    I will buy this phone only if world unlocked GSM and app catalog worked from any country
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I was really hoping it was an autofocus camera, that would really help out in a lot of situations.

I know HP/Palm is marketing the fixed focus as a 'feature' but I'd rather have autofocus.
    This just makes me realize that Palm is gone and its HP now. No thanks. Wait for something better .the Pre 2 is a joke in my opinion. Hopefulyl in a few years Hp will put out a good webos phone but then again it might not be on Sprint so im not holding my breath. Ive like alot here also left webos behind. But we still have a Pre in the family for now. Other then the cool cards thing its no better then any other OS in my opinion.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast