Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have to wonder if this isn't a cost effective measure for Palm? I mean, whether it's different (as Rod, et.al. have said) or not, it appears to me that the changes to the PrPrPr&#$275$; $have$ $been$ $as$ $close$ $to$ &$quot$;$drop$ $in$&$quot$; $upgrades$ $as$ $they$ $can$ $get$. $This$ $allows$ $Palm$ $to$ $get$ $the$ $device$ $to$ $market$ $quickly$ $and$ $cheaply$. $Pundits$ $will$ $pan$ $the$ $lack$ $of$ $significant$ $boost$, $but$ $they$ $did$ $that$ $to$ $the$ $Iphone$ $too$. $However$, $it$ $had$ $so$ $much$ $momentum$ $though$ $that$ $the$ $naysayers$ $were$ $kinda$ $dragged$ $under$ $the$ $wave$. $But$, $it$'$s$ $like$ $Tr$&#$275$;$o$ $650$--&$gt$;$700$ $was$, $or$ $Pr$&#$275$;--&$gt$;$Pr$&#$275$; $Plus$ $for$ $that$ $matter$. $Regardless$, $if$ $this$ $works$, $they$ $will$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $continue$ $with$ $more$ $devices$ $and$ $more$ $momentum$.
    I remember also the old Macintosh SE (Slightly Enhanced) :P

Sooo....when's the PrPrPr&#$275$; $2GS$ $coming$ $out$? $Lol$
    Last edited by copasetic; 10/31/2010 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Thumb typing @ 7am ;-)
  2. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    I have not seen anyone state whether or not the webOS 2.0 user interface has been rewritten to fully utilize the GPU. Does anyone here know?

If it has not, then keeping the same resolution is the only smart play. This is something to think about for those saying they want a larger, higher resolution screen. Nearly quadrupling the resolution while requiring even a doubly fast CPU to figure out how to draw all the pixels thirty times a second is asking for trouble.
    PrPrPr&#$275$;$2GS$.......$haha$ $that$ $IS$ $funny$.... $Hahaha$
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    I have not seen anyone state whether or not the webOS 2.0 user interface has been rewritten to fully utilize the GPU. Does anyone here know?
    "Hardware Accelerated CSS Transforms"

It's in the official press release.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    "Hardware Accelerated CSS Transforms"

It's in the official press release.
    Can you link to that reference? I'm not finding it anywhere in the press release.
    I'd have to say, hands down, smoothness (responsiveness) is far and away the #1 issue with my PrPrPr&#$275$;. $I$ $see$ $iphones$ $with$ $10$^$3$ $apps$ $and$ $they$ $are$ $just$ $as$ $smooth$ $as$ $silk$. $Having$ $to$ $restart$ $my$ $camera$ $2x$ $cause$ $it$ &$quot$;$didn$'$t$ $quite$ $load$&$quot$; $is$ $sad$. $Watching$ $an$ $app$ $glow$ $for$ $10$ $seconds$, $missing$ $a$ $call$ $cause$ $the$ $phone$ $app$ $didn$'$t$ $make$ $it$, $having$ $everything$ &$quot$;$just$ $freeze$&$quot$;...$it$'$s$ $all$ $slow$. $What$'$s$ $worse$ $is$ $that$ $it$'$s$ $not$ $consistent$. $Call$ $it$ $what$ $you$ $like$. $And$ $OC$ $didn$'$t$ $fix$ $all$ $of$ $it$, $either$. $This$ $will$ $be$ $a$ $welcome$ $upgrade$, $YaY$!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123