Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by idontwan2know View Post
    ... By early-mid 2011 there will be at least, a Pixi2, Pre2 and some higher end device. Possibly two.

There is a place for the Pre2 in the marketplace. It is not the sector of the market that excites people who hang around on phone forums, but that doesn't mean it's not important to the overall strategy.
    How things are going, every device of those four will sell through different carrier and probably on different continent. Palm has become a master in fragmenting it's own product line. That's what I think about overall strategy.
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    How things are going, every device of those four will sell through different carrier and probably on different continent. Palm has become a master in fragmenting it's own product line. That's what I think about overall strategy.
    In case you missed it, the Pre2 will be available unlocked at the same time it's released on Verizon (which by all signs appears to be less than two weeks away). There is also the rumor of the "Red Pre Plus" which is clearly an AT&T Pre2. So either way, it will be available on the two biggest networks in the US within a month of the international launch. Not even close to the picture you paint.

Some people around here are just determined to be negative, despite the facts.
    In case you missed it, the Pre2 will be available unlocked at the same time it's released on Verizon (which by all signs appears to be less than two weeks away). There is also the rumor of the "Red Pre Plus" which is clearly an AT&T Pre2. So either way, it will be available on the two biggest networks in the US within a month of the international launch. Not even close to the picture you paint.

Some people around here are just determined to be negative, despite the facts.
    Facts?

What is the "factual" Verizon launch date confirmed by the company?
    What is the "factual" ATT launch date confirmed by the comnpany?
    What is the "factual" date WebOS 2.0 will be available to all WebOS devices?

Hell....where is the "factual" HP marketing campaign to let anybody but people already following this stuff know what's happening?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Facts?

What is the "factual" Verizon launch date confirmed by the company?
    What is the "factual" ATT launch date confirmed by the comnpany?
    What is the "factual" date WebOS 2.0 will be available to all WebOS devices?

Hell....where is the "factual" HP marketing campaign to let anybody but people already following this stuff know what's happening?
    I never claimed there was a hard release date for Verizon or AT&T. There is pretty solid rumors to the effect that the Verizon date will be November 11th, and an unlocked phone can be used with AT&T, so whether they eventually sell the phone themselves or not, the Pre2 will be available on the two biggest US networks as of that date.

I'm not hear to blow sunshine up anybody's **** or be a Palm ******, but some of the so-called "realists" on this forum vastly exaggerate the negatives. Suggesting that Palm will have four different devices all on different carriers and continents clearly falls into that category.
    I never claimed there was a hard release date for Verizon or AT&T. There is pretty solid rumors to the effect that the Verizon date will be November 11th, and an unlocked phone can be used with AT&T, so whether they eventually sell the phone themselves or not, the Pre2 will be available on the two biggest US networks as of that date.

I'm not hear to blow sunshine up anybody's **** or be a Palm ******, but some of the so-called "realists" on this forum vastly exaggerate the negatives. Suggesting that Palm will have four different devices all on different carriers and continents clearly falls into that category.
    But on the post you were responding to, he was clearly talking about Palm fragmenting its own product kline, which is precisely what is happening. First off, the Verizon launch is for a fully subsidized device whereas the unlocked developer phone that can be purchased for full price and happens to run on ATT's bands is not subsidized at all. Additionally, the ATT-compatible device will get OS updates before any other US devices since it is not subject to carrier approval and testing. On top of all of that, we have no when idea when older devices will see 2.0 since that too is up to the carriers. Also, no idea if Sprint is getting anything.

Finally, "pretty solid rumors" indicate that Palm will have to run WebOS at multiple resolutions next year, both for tablets and maybe even a bigger screened phone on top of the Pre and Pixi resolutions. While apps can scale, some apps designed for 480x320 will look bad running at the higher resolution and will need a tweaked "HD" version like iPad apps. Games will have to be redone, and who knows which developers are going to commit to doing that since all they do is port anyway.

So...there will be fargmentation. It's unavoidable.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post

So...there will be fargmentation. It's unavoidable.
    Correct. But to act as though Palm is the biggest violator of the "do not fragment" policy, you would be lying to yourself.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    steve jobs knows what people want! and tells them what they NEED!! lol
    steve jobs is an *****. i will NEVER buy an apple product EVER! the pre2 is right along with the evo minus the 4g, front camera and large screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Correct. But to act as though Palm is the biggest violator of the "do not fragment" policy, you would be lying to yourself.
    They are the biggest...at "fargmentation". :-)

But seriously...they can't be the biggest/worst at fragmentation simply by virtue of not having enough handsets out there to fragment between. Nonetheless, they are becoming fragmented.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    steve jobs is an *****. i will NEVER buy an apple product EVER! the pre2 is right along with the evo minus the 4g, front camera and large screen.
    Lower resolution screen and no HD video doesn't make it comparable to the Evo. Is it also true there's no auto focus? I have a mid range phone with auto focus. I think more than one in fact.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    Master in fragmenting? Without question, Google is the master of fragmenting, not Palm.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    What the heck are people doing on their phones that they practically need a 32 in flat panel television to carry around? Is an extra inch or so REALLY that important??? I took my Pre Plus in and
    held it up next to some of the Android phones to compare the screens. Yes, the screen was noticeably bigger on the Android devices, but it wasn't a mind-blowing difference that just took my breath away. If a bigger screen means having a phone as ugly as an Android device, then no thanks. I watch videos, read emails, read websites, read .pdf documents etc with total ease on my Pre Plus. Do you people have bad eyesight? Are you trying to read emails while your phone is across the room? I really don't get all the b*tching about screen size. Do you feel that you need a big screen b/c your buddy at work as an Android phone with a big screen?
    Some people with more "mature" eyes may appreciate a large screen because of better readability. With my Pre+ I was always pinching the screen larger to read Tweets, mail, etc.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123