1.    #1  
    If any other carrier decide on carrying the pre2, I wonder how long would that company would have to wait. Hmm!
    Ask Sprint.

[]

What is the deal with Exclusivity these days? Even if Verizon had the new HP-Palm's super duper newest HD screen, front facing 12MP camera, rear facing camera-1080P with a ****-wiper included it wouldn't entice me to leave sprint.

Sorry I am not going to have a Verizonized (bloated/crippled/dumbed down) phone and have to pay more for the same service I get with Sprint.

Oh, but look at their map! They are both CDMA carriers so when I roam on Sprint, guess what? I am using Verizon's network.

[/]
    Last edited by Butters3605; 10/29/2010 at 03:02 PM.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    It wouldn't be in HP's best interests to limit the device to one carrier, or one cellular technology. At this point in the game, Palm needs to reach out to as many potential customers as possible - VZW, Sprint, AT&T and T-Mobile. Flood the gates, so to speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    What is the deal with Exclusivity these days,
    This is so true. Consumers should be able to chose their devices on the carrier that is best for them. The current policies of the carriers to entice consumers with sexy devices, but hold them hostage, does not hold in a deregulated market. Or, are we really saying that the old telephone monopoly is alive and well in the cellular industry?
    Quote Originally Posted by neutron View Post
    It wouldn't be in HP's best interests to limit the device to one carrier, or one cellular technology. At this point in the game, Palm needs to reach out to as many potential customers as possible - VZW, Sprint, AT&T and T-Mobile. Flood the gates, so to speak.
    correct HP needs to do what samsung is doing, and sense their arms reaches overseas too, they need to release whatever devices they have to every carrier, to maximize sales, and mindshare of WEBOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by neutron View Post
    This is so true. Consumers should be able to chose their devices on the carrier that is best for them.
    Number portability act? we should be able to do the same with our devices, granted the companies use the same technology. Sprint to Verizon, T-mobile to AT&T, etc.

The current policies of the carriers to entice consumers with sexy devices, but hold them hostage, does not hold in a deregulated market.
    Exactly, a hostage...

Or, are we really saying that the old telephone monopoly is alive and well in the cellular industry?
    It is not a monopoly because consumer have their choice of carrier, therein lies the loophole.

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    I thought SFR and Rogers also had the Palm Pre 2? Also, hopefully the unlocked GSM Palm Pre 2 will be out. I am sure Sprint and AT&T will carry the Pre 2, but I believe the next generation of webOS devices from HP/Palm should be released on all carriers in a timely fashion.
    I believe I heard that a GSM version of the Pre 2 will be coming to AT&T eventually. Not sure of a timeframe.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I think the underdog winner will be Samsung, if they play theirs cards right(device support). They have made a huge push into the mobile space, with their Galaxy line crossing all carriers.

HP-Palm take note...

I thought the govt was looking into exclusivity deals. I never heard what the final verdict was if there was one.
    I don't think verizon exclusivity has been announced, or confirmed by a reputable blog...unless I missed it. If that's the case, the title of this thread should be changed...to put a question mark after " exclusively"
    it hasn't been released nor confirmed by rogers or palm that they will be carrying the device. So far just speculation however its certain to come to rogers, just not sure when

Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    I thought SFR and Rogers also had the Palm Pre 2? Also, hopefully the unlocked GSM Palm Pre 2 will be out. I am sure Sprint and AT&T will carry the Pre 2, but I believe the next generation of webOS devices from HP/Palm should be released on all carriers in a timely fashion.
    has it not been released on some other carrier in france or something like a week ago? That does not sound to exclusive.
    Exclusivity would be in that carrier's market. Verizon (USA) does not compete directly with SFR (France) or Rogers (Canada).
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    Number portability act? we should be able to do the same with our devices, granted the companies use the same technology. Sprint to Verizon, T-mobile to AT&T, etc.
    I heard that. After I got my Palm Pre, I tried to give my Samsung Rant to my son who is on Verizon. The IMEI number was not in their database and they said they couldn't activate it. Another rep from Verizon told me they don't allow you to bring your own equipment from another carrier even if it is the same technology. It seems like they should be happy to have a customer who would want to get their service eventhough they already have a phone. I believe it is all about the contract game, because that is how you get the best pricing on the phones. They know most people don't want to pay the full price to avoid a contract, so they get people in at preferred pricing and guarantee themselves they will get at least two years of business out of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzannesstud View Post
    I heard that. After I got my Palm Pre, I tried to give my Samsung Rant to my son who is on Verizon. The IMEI number was not in their database and they said they couldn't activate it. Another rep from Verizon told me they don't allow you to bring your own equipment from another carrier even if it is the same technology. It seems like they should be happy to have a customer who would want to get their service eventhough they already have a phone. I believe it is all about the contract game, because that is how you get the best pricing on the phones. They know most people don't want to pay the full price to avoid a contract, so they get people in at preferred pricing and guarantee themselves they will get at least two years of business out of people.
    That is one of the reasons I stick to gsm, you have a bit more flexibility when it comes to your phones.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.