1.    #1  
    Nice! I can't wait!!

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

So what are we guessing for the price point? $150 - $100 rebate makes the phone $50?

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    So what are we guessing for the price point? $150 - $100 rebate makes the phone $50?
    You wish!

My guess is we'll see it at the $199 after rebate or higher with contract. Without contract my guess it'll be $500 or so.
    The Droid Pro will be selling at $299 w/ contract and is a very high-end phone. No way the Pre 2 sells at $299 before rebate. I would guess $199 with contract, minus $100 for rebate, bringing it in at $99. I think the Pre 2 will be a very nice phone, but I don't think people will be inclined to pay $199 after rebate.
    if you want them to move you have to price them into their competitive group, Pre2 is a mid-range phone $100-$199. This is a refreshed Pre+ to Verizon not a new device.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  7.    #7  
    The market will have to make the final case for VZW. Generally, the lower tier devices are priced around $199, with another $100 rebate, making the net price $99. $199 appears to be a magic number with these devices. Remember, the 32 GB iPhone 4 is $299 with two year contract (no additional rebates). I would expect the Droid Pro to be priced competitively with the iPhone.

As for the Pre Plus, I would expect it to be priced consistent with the other mainstream Android devices (Droid X, Droid 2, Incredible) - $299, with $100.00 rebate.
    I will never understand rebates. Here's an idea; price the phone at a fair price from the start. Rebates are just marketing games that almost never benefit consumers. In this case, we have a phone getting discounted before it is even released. I'm sick of these stupid games! Put a price on it, let people buy it, and be done with it.
    If the rumoured Rogers' 99/3year is any indication, I'm willing to bet 99+100 MIR on a 2 year.

Generally the 3-year prices in Canada are on par with the 2-year price in US.

Pre 2 should be competing with Curves, not Droids.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I've looked at that link a bunch of times I have yet to see the pre 2 on it. In that list I mean
  11. AZ8
    Quote Originally Posted by xclint6x View Post
    I've looked at that link a bunch of times I have yet to see the pre 2 on it. In that list I mean
    Try this link. It shows all the phones.

Verizon's November rebate form shows a bunch of new devices - Phone Arena
    ah yes now I see fell much better now
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    I will never understand rebates. Here's an idea; price the phone at a fair price from the start. Rebates are just marketing games that almost never benefit consumers. In this case, we have a phone getting discounted before it is even released. I'm sick of these stupid games! Put a price on it, let people buy it, and be done with it.
    Do you know how many rebates aren't claimed?

Free money for them, really.

Rebate (marketing) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by neutron View Post
    Palm Pre 2 may have a $100 rebate from VZW
    [url='s new rebate form shows two Droid 2 Globals, Samsung Continuum, and more -- Engadget[/url]
    I'm happy for verizon customers, but not so much for the other companies.
    Thanks for the link though.

regards,
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    The Droid Pro will be selling at $299 w/ contract and is a very high-end phone. No way the Pre 2 sells at $299 before rebate. I would guess $199 with contract, minus $100 for rebate, bringing it in at $99. I think the Pre 2 will be a very nice phone, but I don't think people will be inclined to pay $199 after rebate.
    How do you know the Droid Pro will be selling for $299 w/contract??? The phone is not even out yet. Or did you just pull that number out of your ***** ?
    Quote Originally Posted by omniwolf1 View Post
    How do you know the Droid Pro will be selling for $299 w/contract??? The phone is not even out yet. Or did you just pull that number out of your ***** ?
    What is *****? I can't think of a 5 letter word to fit there. Care to enlighten me? Did you mean "***"? Maybe? Yeah, you did.

Anyway, here ya go:

DROID Pro Launching on Verizon for $299 on 2-Year Contract? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Screen grab of Verizon's system showing the Droid Pro at $299. Of course, all the pricing/rebate details are rumor at this point, but everyone seems pretty confident that's going to the price (at least pre-rebate).

You need to chill out by the way. Do you always react so violently to posts about phone prices?
    That ***** was a three letter word beginning with A, but for some reason it displayed it like that. Also, did you happen to see that question mark in the title to that link? You stated that price as a fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by omniwolf1 View Post
    That ***** was a three letter word beginning with A, but for some reason it displayed it like that. Also, did you happen to see that question mark in the title to that link? You stated that price as a fact.
    Of course it's not a fact yet. Does every statement made in this forum need to be clarified as opinion, rumor or fact?
    I hope the phone is cheaper than the Pre Plus. Nobody wants to buy a phone by a dead company with the most unpopular OS in the market.
    I want one but not for a bunch of money.