1.    #1  
    Seen this review on another site, all the pics of the palm pre2 have att in top left corner. Is it roaming? A GSM canadian Rogers phone picking up on ATT?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/02/2010 at 07:33 AM. Reason: deleted link per forum rules
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I hope it is roaming. I don't want to have to switch carriers to get it. LOL
    Loving my Palm Pixi everyday.
    also, whats up with this image, is it my imagination or is there a bezel (ala pre2) around the screen? Got this from at&t webpage, its what you click to see smartphones. or is this just wishful thinking?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmoore View Post
    Seen this review on mobileburn.com, all the pics of the palm pre2 have att in top left corner. Is it roaming? A GSM canadian Rogers phone picking up on ATT?

MobileBurn.com Image: HP Palm Pre 2 and webOS 2.0 hands-on
    Don't get too hyped or take it out of context. If you can recall the day that the Pre 2 was officially announced, and you looked at any tech website that reviewed or previewed it, they all had pre-production models of the Pre 2, and if they were in the U.S., they all had AT&T in the top left corner.

Remember this: http://www.precentral.net/webos-20-10-minutes

It could be an AT&T Pre 2, or maybe just a developer phone. Who knows? Wait for something more concrete.
  5.    #5  
    Ah ok haven't seen that vid, thanks. I left ATT to sprint for the pre, it would be weird to jump back over for the Pre2. Only thing keeping me away from Verizon is the pricing, but hoping Verizon's test market of their copycat "any mobile" catches on.

Targeting Sprint, Verizon expands 'Unlimited Any Mobile' test markets - FierceWireless
    It's my understanding that all of the developer phones are GSM, and thus, use AT&T service. There's been no announcement about AT&T getting the Pre 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    It's my understanding that all of the developer phones are GSM, and thus, use AT&T service. There's been no announcement about AT&T getting the Pre 2.
    This.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmoore View Post
    Ah ok haven't seen that vid, thanks. I left ATT to sprint for the pre, it would be weird to jump back over for the Pre2. Only thing keeping me away from Verizon is the pricing, but hoping Verizon's test market of their copycat "any mobile" catches on.

Targeting Sprint, Verizon expands 'Unlimited Any Mobile' test markets - FierceWireless

I heard about Verizons new any mobile plans. I still plan to stay with Sprint, they have the best plans. I'm hoping they get a 4g webOS phone.
    When GSM/UTMS phones roam do they still pick up 3G? I know that when my Sprint phone roams I never get 3G, just 1x. Although I suppose that could be a problem with US Cellular, the carrier I'm roaming off of most of the time...
    Quote Originally Posted by nbmatt View Post
    When GSM/UTMS phones roam do they still pick up 3G? I know that when my Sprint phone roams I never get 3G, just 1x. Although I suppose that could be a problem with US Cellular, the carrier I'm roaming off of most of the time...
    If the phone's radio supports the 3G bands, then the answer is yes, you will see 3G. Remember, in the US, you only have AT&T and T-Mobile. T-Mobile's 3G bands are on the 2100 mHz frequency. Although you can roam onto T-mobile's EDGE network, you'd never be able to acquire the T-Mobile 3G.

The relationship between towers of different CDMA carriers is different than with GSM. With CDMA devices, there is a preferred roaming list (PRL) that must be updated periodically to tell the phone the order of the towers to roam. It is unlikely if you are on the fringe of an EVDO network of a different carrier that your device will preferentially chose that one.

Here's more info on PRLs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preferred_Roaming_List