1.    #1  
    At first I was really upset that the Palm Pre 2 was not coming to Bell, but I have decided a couple things.

1. Having the Pre (2) on another carrier (Rogers) will improve sales.

2. There are apparently 6 new devices coming out. With that kind of hardware commitment Bell will probably be much more willing to carry those devices.

3. For now I am just going to buy the 1400mAh battery and overclock to 1ghz with my Pre. The lack of ram sucks but 128mb compcache fixes that and 200mhz ram overclock helps. Really not that much different

4. We are all getting WebOS 2.0 anyways.

So I will just keep my Pre for another year until the newer Palm devices come out. By then either they will come to Bell, or my contract will be up so I will just go to Rogers/Telus/whoever carries them.
    agreed. only thing is i feel like you wont have to wait another year, i feel like they will be sooner than that.
    that's the spirit. Some good positive notions!

rogers can go lay an egg anyways.. Well same with bell
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    "and 200mhz ram overclock helps"

What is this referring to in the OP?
    Let's just keep hoping and waiting (hopefully not too much longer). At least we all have 2.0 to look forward to!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    "and 200mhz ram overclock helps"

What is this referring to in the OP?
    The new Palm Pre 2 has 200mhz ram. The original Pre is 133mhz i believe.

The latest F105 Thunderchief kernel has Ram overclocking as well as CPU overclocking, so your Ram runs at 200mhz, like the Pre 2 as well.
    I am intrigued by ram overclocking but am also chicken. I will wait till it's incorporated into Uberkernal. As for your points, I want to share your optimism on point 4 but have no confidence ain Bell.
    I think we'll get 2.0, just later than I'd like. Of course I'd like it yesterday.....So they've already disapointed me. Whine..
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I have been running UberKernel and recently switched to the new F105 Kernel . I have to say that F105 is much snappier than UberKernel at 1ghz on both (try F105 at your own risk) . Very pleased with performance. However, batter life might be a different story. Time will tell.
    I am also interested in this RAM overclock too. I'll have to to some reading. Love the fact that you can overclock the Pre. I'm an overclocker at heart, CPU's, graphics cards etc so to expand to phones is great