1.    #1  
    i have seen it several times today at several webpages i visit, even Andriod Central!

looks like if you open a new line with one you get the Pre 2, car charger, home charger and touch stone for the price of the phone!

wish they would of done this a long time ago.

glad to see HP trying to get the product in peoples faces and not giving them a reason to say no!
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    I think the single thing that limited Palm Pre/Pixi sales was marketing. Glad to see HP is doing this launch right.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I think the single thing that limited Palm Pre/Pixi sales was marketing. Glad to see HP is doing this launch right.
    Send out a press release, launch it in France, tell its biggest base of users to yell at sprint to offer it, and say its coming to V in the upcoming months. Oh and place a few webads.

I'm glad to see HP doing this launch right too.
    I saw those type of adds all over the web for the Pre. You couldn't go to Appleinsider without seeing a banner ad for the Pre. I hate to break it to you, but this is not anything new. Even worse news, it is not very good marketing, IMO.

About the only type of ad people block out more than billboards is the web ad. Further, marketing on tech enthusiast sites is a horrible place to advertise a phone that is not very appealing to enthusiasts. The Pre needs to advertise on Glee, All My Children, and The View. They need full spreads in national magazines and newspapers. Web ads on tech sites is a poor marketing vehicle for a phone like the P2, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Send out a press release, launch it in France, tell its biggest base of users to yell at sprint to offer it, and say its coming to V in the upcoming months. Oh and place a few webads.

I'm glad to see HP doing this launch right too.
    The same people complaining about the lack of hoopla over this launch would crucify HP/Palm for making a big deal over and out of date, midrange smart phone if they pushed it hard.

This product is not a big splash and was never meant to be. Not everything has to be the second coming.

Remember, the Centro was one of the best selling Palm devices ever.
  6.    #6  
    i did see it on more then just tech sites, i just named Android Central cause its a sister site of Pre Central.

i almost agree with advertising on glee and such but why are you so specific to the feminine groups?

i would just guess i would advertise in the ways i have in the past, get the product in front of as many faces as possible as many times as possible for the least amount of money. then when you want to hit it hard spend a few more dollars on bigger campaigns, by this time they have already seen your product and recognize it, so much there is little to no need to explain it and it makes it easier for folks to make the decision to purchase it, all they need is a few more features to close the deal. i have done this several times so has most marketers.
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley