1.    #1  
    I just posted on the Pre forum about my wife getting a Pre Plus. Interesting side note that relates to the Pre 2 -- there isn't a single VZW store in our town that has a Pre Plus in stock. We have one corporate store, one authorized reseller, and a kiosk in our local BJs ... none of them had any.
    Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    I just posted on the Pre forum about my wife getting a Pre Plus. Interesting side note that relates to the Pre 2 -- there isn't a single VZW store in our town that has a Pre Plus in stock. We have one corporate store, one authorized reseller, and a kiosk in our local BJs ... none of them had any.
    I think Verizon officially EOLed it some time ago. The only place to get one is from HP's Wireless Central site, where they give it away with a bundle.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I think Verizon officially EOLed it some time ago. The only place to get one is from HP's Wireless Central site, where they give it away with a bundle.
    Crap! Didn't know about that bundle or we would have ordered from them! We had them order it for us from the VZW store
  4.    #4  
    Hmmm ... looks like that bundle on HP Wireless Central might only be free for new accounts. I clicked on "renew/upgrade phone" and then "family plan other lines". The bundle went away and the price went up to $129.99. If I switched my wife over to the primary line on our family plan (which I don't want to do) we could get that bundle for $90 shipped. Verizon gave us the phone for free, and I can pick up the contents of that bundle on eBay for $23 shipped.

Whew ... maybe I didn't do something stupid after all
    They still sell them on Verizon's site - looks just like this screen capture I just took:

Kind of expensive for an EOL device.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    They still sell them on Verizon's site - looks just like this screen capture I just took:

Kind of expensive for an EOL device.
    Interestingly, when I was first going to order from them at the store, they told me the phone was $49.99. I wasn't happy, but went ahead with it anyhow. When they did the sale, it came up as free.
    That is why I said "I think", Kupe. :-)
    That is why I said "I think", Kupe. :-)
    Nothing wrong with your thinking:

http://www.precentral.net/verizon-pa...e-october-21st