1.    #1  
    Looks at their page, Pre Plus is still "Not Announced".

They like putting placeholders like that and nothing is actually delivered.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I wouldn't put too much faith behind this.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    I called exspansys today and asked about this. But they said they didn't know anything about any release date, and that it was hard to get a hold of it. Might just be a PRPRPR $stunt$ $or$ $something$ $like$ $that$.=(
  5.    #5  
    I'm a bit more optimistic: naturally, expansys will not launch the device before O2(or any other UK carrier) does, but It seems to me that it will come to the online store.

The question is, of course, when...
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Is any UK carrier expected to launch this device?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    None announced yet... I really hope at least one UK carrier gets on board with webOS. When my contracts up in a year or so I'd find it nearly impossible to go to another mobile OS.
    Expansys normally sells unlocked phones, am I right? so, it could theoretically work with any carrier
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    will wait till O2 get it
  10. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    will wait till O2 get it
    I spoke to someone this morning from 02 and they said they don't expect to get it - now this is simply someone I know so don't take that as read without official confirmation.
  11. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    I really hope someone other than O2 gets it in the UK. Their support of WebOS has been terrible and the more sources to buy webos phones the better!
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I spoke to someone this morning from 02 and they said they don't expect to get it - now this is simply someone I know so don't take that as read without official confirmation.
    I've had a wink in the other direction from someone at O2, so time will tell.
    Well considering they took the first two phones exclusively..I would expect them to get it,
    Never trust Expansys.
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Well considering they took the first two phones exclusively..I would expect them to get it,
    The problem is the pre and the pixi didn't sell that well and certainly the pre had a higher than normal return rate so I expect it'll take some due consideration before they decide one way or another. I think the most ominous fact is that they've not announced anything, surely if they wanted onboard they could have been for the launch of the pre 2 rather than waiting.

Of course the fact that it's not the iphone or blackberry means O2 probably wouldn't advertise it much anyway. Was hoping that would change when they lost the Applie exclusivity but doesn't seem to have had much effect other than all the carriers now heavily push the iphone 4.