Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Already launched in France. Rumored to be released on 11/9 in Canada. Rumored to be released here in the States on 11/11.
    Must be having a hard time getting through customs.
    Canada is still rumoured. Rogers is known to delay things, look at the Captivate.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    They very recently wrapped up and pushed out webOS 2.0 to carriers. Verizon always takes longer than most carriers for testing, so they'd launch last.
    vzw screwed up the last launch. Maybe they are trying to actually train and motivate their reps first.

besides that, they probably have anothr pile of android phones to launch, and the ipad before they can be bothered with a palm phone...
    I'm on sprint and have been for over a year on the pre - we're not even in line so......
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    When a US companys launches first overseas, they are usually hiding something, or testing it, or realize that it will not stand up to US consumer scrutiny. When they are proud of it and want to make a big splash, they launch at home.

WP7 would seem to be an exception, but I think MS does not want to launch right away in the iPhone stronghold of America. The iPhone is the #1 phone in the US. You don't want to launch there and face impossible comparisons right out of the gate. Launching elsewhere to get a fairer chance makes a lot of sense.
    I'd rather not be in line at all for the Pre2. I'll stand in line when HP/Palm release a real device and not a very minor spec bump. Don't want to waste my upgrade on this. I'll wait and see what they unveil in January at CES (Hopefully in a 4G flavor).

I'm ready to throw some money at HP/Palm, if HP/Palm want it because it's burning a hole in my pocket.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Europe has always been more progressive then the US
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I'm sure, in the case of HP Palm, it has to do with what the carriers want. They have their own schedules and strategies. The fact that US carriers are not the first to be involved probably means that the US carriers aren't too keen on the Pre 2 compared to whatever else they have coming over the next couple of months.
    Anathema! I say, Anathema! What you are suggesting, my friend, is that HP HAS NO LEVERAGE! Next thing I know, you will be saying that they have no "reach" or "scale".
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I'd rather not be in line at all for the Pre2. I'll stand in line when HP/Palm release a real device and not a very minor spec bump. Don't want to waste my upgrade on this. I'll wait and see what they unveil in January at CES (Hopefully in a 4G flavor).

I'm ready to throw some money at HP/Palm, if HP/Palm want it because it's burning a hole in my pocket.
    I second the motion, my launch day Pre does everything that I need from a smartphone and I can't wait to see how it runs with webOS 2.0 overclocked at 1ghz. When HP/Palm releases a signicant leap in technology then I will upgrade, hopefully it will be on Sprint, I would bummed to have to crawl back to Big Red but if Sprint does not carry it by the time my 2 years is up, then I am gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I'm on sprint and have been for over a year on the pre - we're not even in line so......
    No... you are mistaken... there's a line, but it's in the back by the woodshed....
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Let's not lose faith. Just keep our heads up and hope for the best.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    When a US companys launches first overseas, they are usually hiding something, or testing it, or realize that it will not stand up to US consumer scrutiny. When they are proud of it and want to make a big splash, they launch at home.
    US consumer scrutiny? Ha! All you need to hook a US consumer is a large, shiny, high-resolution screen, and a big, fat number with the app store. That's it!
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post

WP7 would seem to be an exception, but I think MS does not want to launch right away in the iPhone stronghold of America. The iPhone is the #1 phone in the US. You don't want to launch there and face impossible comparisons right out of the gate. Launching elsewhere to get a fairer chance makes a lot of sense.
    This. No one with HP Palm's resources, "leverage" and "scale" would relaunch the software and hardware on one obscure carrier before their own backyard unless it wasn't quite ready yet for primetime. SFR appears to be taking the Sprint role of WebOS 1.0 in being a paying beta tester.

At this point, the best thing is to hope for a way better handset announced at CES. This platform lives on hope, faith, and patience.
    Are you seriously complaining about having to wait two more weeks for the Pre2?
    Obviously Palm doesn't have the inventory to meet demand if they launched first in the US. Their plan is to let the hype build a bit and then release it during the holiday season with an ad campaign unlike anything you've seen before.
    The reason for the launch order is entirely about what else is in the pipeline. Carriers getting the Pre 2 are likely not getting the first crack at the Super Palm. The exact sequence within this small subset of carriers depends on regulatory approvals, carrier time lines, training, market timing, etc. The Pre 2 is getting a general release, there is virtually no difference between October 22 and November 11.

It's clear that Sprint and AT&T are going to get something else before Verizon does, so the Pre 2 doesn't make sense for them at this point in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
    The reason for the launch order is entirely about what else is in the pipeline. Carriers getting the Pre 2 are likely not getting the first crack at the Super Palm. The exact sequence within this small subset of carriers depends on regulatory approvals, carrier time lines, training, market timing, etc. The Pre 2 is getting a general release, there is virtually no difference between October 22 and November 11.

It's clear that Sprint and AT&T are going to get something else before Verizon does, so the Pre 2 doesn't make sense for them at this point in time.
    "Clear" is not exactly how I would describe the outlook of WebOS devices. Verizon's date hasn't been confirmed and in this thread, a Verizon employee says there has been no training on the device nor has it popped up in their inventory. Requests for info on Sprint were met with a "Go ask your carrier to carry us!" request that was this side of sad. AT&T was commented out of the Pre 2 page, so they may be a future carrier of the Pre 2, another product, or neither or both.

Aside from HP making SOME announcement at CES, little else is "clear".
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    US consumer scrutiny? Ha! All you need to hook a US consumer is a large, shiny, high-resolution screen, and a big, fat number with the app store. That's it!
    Neither of which the P2 has. Your point?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast